Categories > Original > Horror > The Vampire Eden

4. House Pets

by famouslastwords93 0 reviews

chapter four

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Published: 2008-02-06 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 1126 words - Complete

0Unrated
4. House Pets

The morning sun burned my skin.
I hated it when we had forgotten to close the drapes. No, we didn't have coffins. Rae thought it was a stupid idea, and that we should have normal beds and actually be comfertable.
My sheets were silk sheets of red, gold, and beige. I adored these sheets, they made me comfertable, and I would sleep for days on end, or at least until Gabriel woke me up the hardcore way.
(Hissing really loud in your ears, it's so loud it peirced your ears.)
I block the sunlight with my arm, then sit up and immidietly run to the window and close the drapes.
I sigh as they finally shut off all sunlight access.
I felt a small tingleling on my arm, I looked down at it, and saw a fresh mark only one or two hours old.
"Damn it, Gabriel." I grumbeled, then stomped out of my chamber grabbing my black silk robe off the hook.
I slipped it on as I stomped down to the front room, where Gabriel sat in front of the flat screen watching the news.
"You did it again, didn't you?" I bursted.
He looked up at me, then chuckeled. "Oh, Eden." he mumbeled. "You must understand, your blood screams for me, I was starving and had a midnight snack."
My eyes filled with fury, then I stomped off to Rae's room to wake her up.
Her room was on the second floor and at the end of the hallway.
I knocked on her door before entering, then let myself in.
Rae's room was same design as mine: cold stone floors, large canopy bed with silk sheets, only hers were green, black, and white. And many candles everywhere.
Rae always disgusted me this way, she slept half nude and it suprised me how she never got to cold.
She lay face down on her pillow, and her hair sprawled all down the back of her.
Her closed eyes were graceful and full of peace as she slept.
I sat down on the side of the bed, and drove my nails through her hair to calmly wake her.
"Rae.." I whispered.
She awoke abrutley and sat up.
I almost feinted at the instant site of her really revealing bra, then I regained self control.
"Get a shirt on, Rae." I ordered, then stood up and threw her robe at her.
I heard her groan as I left, then made my way back down to my room to get ready for breakfast.

When I was done dressing, I was prepared for breakfast.
I wore a black leather v-neck top, a long black polyester and tafada skirt that was longer than my ankles.
I preferred my hair down, especially in this weather. My shoes were black flats, and I wore my long red cape with a hood.
Rae wore the same thing only a green cape, and her first strands of hair in the front were pulled back into a small rubber band.
Before we left, we bid our good byes to Gabriel, who always stayed behind during hunts.
Rae and I made our way across the cold, damp, yard through the early morning fog; the ends of our skirts dragged through the yard, but who cared? They were going to get dirty anyway.
We reached the stables, the smell of horses reached our noses in no time.
Rae opened the door and let me in, then followed in leaving the door open.
I went ahead and went to my horse, the beautiful black male mustang who I named Raven.
Rae went to her horse, a beautiful white female mustang who she named Selene.
I placed the saddle onto Raven, then hoisted myself up. Rae did the same.
As always, I led the way.
The horses galloped forward out of the stables, leaving only footprints and scent behind.
The only reason I chose not to hunt by flying was simple: I enjoyed rides and it was a less hassle having to carry breakfast back.

The wind blew through my long auburn hair, the strands hitting my back gracefully and bouncing up and down, up and down.
We came to a small meadow and stopped on the very edge of the trees.
I lifted my chin and sniffed the air, the scent of fresh, warm blood filled my nose.
I grinned, then softly crept down off the horse.
"Wait here," I said, then knelt down to a pouncing position.
In the distance was a mountain lion caring for her cub.
I felt horrible that I was taking its mother away, but I could be its new mother. I loved animals, and I could tame it well.
When the time was right, I flew forward in half a second over the meadow, and landed next to the lion and sunk my teeth into its neck.
This was Rae's signal to come over and help me out, with her vial ready.
When I was finished with my share, I let Rae have her turn.
Then, very carefully, we took out a needle and sucked out the blood into a glass vial about 8 fl oz.
Once it was filled completely, we knew the cat was dead. Rae sniffeled, as so did I. I hated the thought of killing the beautiful lion, and taking it's mother away, but I needed to live.
Rae moved over to the frightened cub and levitated it up into her arms beautifully.
She held the cub in her arms, and smiled down apon it. What a wondrous sight it was.
"It is a she." Rae mentioned.
I smiled at the small, now purring cub.
"We shall name her Bella, for her beauty." I claimed calmly, then stroked the cubs neck.
"We can't keep her, Eden." Rae sneered.
"Yes we can, and we will." I hissed. "We shall tame her and she will be our house pet."
Rae rolled her eyes, then handed me Bella. I smiled at the small cub, then stepped up onto Raven with Bella still in my arms.
I placed the vial around my neck on a string-necklace, and we rode off into the fog quickly back to the house.


When we arrived back, the sun had just completely come up and we were already inside with Bella in my arms.
When Gabriel glanced at the small, frightened cub in my arms, he glared at me.
"What have you done, Eden?" he asked.
"I adopted a little house pet, if you don't mind." I sneered, then handed him the vial full of his breakfast.
He took the vial in his cold hands, then popped the cap off and drank it all in one gulp. Such a sick, and masochistic vampire he was.
Sign up to rate and review this story