Categories > Original > Horror > The Vampire Eden

5. Sam's Personal Flower

by famouslastwords93 0 reviews

chapter five

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Published: 2008-02-06 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 931 words - Complete

0Unrated
5. Sam's Personal Flower

Sam scrambeled through piles of papers.
He searched, and searched for links and connections to where Eden could be living.
He had googled her, looked through phone books, everything.
When finally he decided to look in one place she could be, the Timberlake forest.
Sam slipped on his grey shirt, navy blue wool jacket, grey cargo pants, and his everyday shoes.
He packed in his backpack food, two extra water bottles, an mp3 player, and other clothing necessities.

Sam sped off in his dark green truck down the freeway torwards the community park.
Next to the entrance of the park was a small drivable trail that went through the forest.
Sam pulled left onto that trail, and drove on down the two lane road.
After driving for what felt like hours, but was really forty-five minutes, the trees stopped and the trail ended into a big country land, there was still a road, but it was torn up and almost gravel.
Surrounding the road was nothing but tall, and un-mowed land.
In the distance were mountains, tall and peirceing the sky.
After about thirty minutes, Sam turned a steep right turn into the forest, and there in the distance was a two story stoned mansion.
It looked like evening from under the trees, but it was still about three o'clock in the afternoon.
Sam stopped his truck a few yards behind a sleek, black, 2007 Mustang.
Also in the circular driveway was a silver Volvo, and a black Mercedes benz.
Sam was stunned, he hoped it was Eden's home, but still wanted her to come back with him.
Sam approached the large brown front door, and pounded on the door with the golden knocker shaped like a bat.
There was no answer, and still quiet.
He heard a few clicks behind the door, then the door silently and slowly opened a crack, no one behind it.
Sam pushed the door open a little as he silently walked in.
"Hello? Eden? Eden Linnencourt?" Sam calmly said into the front room.
When he was completely in the room, the door slammed shut behind him making him jump.
"Sam.." a voice whispered.
Sam turned torwards the voice.
Eden sat with her tiny legs crossed and relaxed in an old fashioned red velvet chair in the corner.
"Eden," Sam said walking over to her. "It's been so long."
"Don't come any closer!" she hissed. Then she stood up into the fireplace's light revealing her face.
Sam stared into her cold, hard face.
When she was close enough, Sam reached his palm up and touched her cheek.
Eden grabbed his hand and felt his warmness move throughout her body.
Sam pulled her into a kiss, and she kissed him back.
They stood there in their moment, then Eden pulled back slowly.
"Oh Sam, I wish I could tell you why." Eden whispered.
"Then tell me," Sam begged. "Why did you fake your death?"
"I couldn't just not go back to my family or school like this, Sam." Eden protested.
"Like what? The only change I see is your hair." Sam stated.
Eden sighed, then looked out the window.
"Gabriel and Rae are sleeping, you shouldn't be here." Eden said quietly, then grabbed his hand and led him through the house.
When they reached the study, she pulled him to face her.
"Sam, it's to dangerous for you to be here, unless you were to be my kind." Eden said worried.
"What is your kind, Eden. Just tell me now." Sam protested grabbing her arms.
"If I tell you, you are to run away and never come back you hear?" Eden stated. "I can't stand the thought of you living with me when I'm this way."
"Fine," Sam struggled to spit the words out. "What is it that you are?"
Eden sighed, then looked deep into his blue eyes. "I'm a vampire, Sam. I'm damned to hell for eternity." she said on the verge of tears. "Where the pains are repititional and the fire never ends."
Sam stood there in part confusement, and part on the verge of bursting into laughter.
"No you're not." he chuckeled.
"Yes I am, Sam. You must accept that." Eden argued. "I'll show you."
Sam crossed his arms and stared at her waiting for her little show.
Eden took a deep breath, then opened her mouth wide and let her teeth grow wide into fangs right before his eyes.
She pulled the teeth back in to normal form, then backed up to the window.
"See?" Eden said now tearing up. "See what I've become?"
Sam stood with his heart beating hard.
"I can hear you heart beating." Eden said softly walking up to him and placed her hand against his chest.
"It's so calm now, now I understand why I said Rae was beautiful before I gave her the gift." Eden said. "She was beauitful because she was human."
Sam stood in silence, then lifted his hand to Eden's chest.
"You have no heart beat." Sam whispered.
"I know," Eden replied. "It's the way it is."

Eden couldn't bear Sam's death in front of Gabriel, she knew he'd kill her true love in front of her eyes.
Eden led Sam quietly torwards the stables and hid him there in the piles of hay so Gabriel couldn't possibly smell him out.
"I'll come for you tonight." Eden whispered in his ear once he was settled in the deep piles.
"I promise."
Sam was frightened at this small sentence. The last thing she promised him was her returning, which she never accomplished.
Sign up to rate and review this story