Categories > Original > Horror > The Vampire Eden

7. All Hallows Eve

by famouslastwords93 0 reviews

chapter seven

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Published: 2008-02-06 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 1379 words - Complete

0Unrated
7.All Hallows Eve

Looking at myself in the mirror, I could see the selfishness in me. I was a selfish, rich, vampire brat. I was taking Sam's life in my hands tonight, only to have him be with me forever. But it couldn't be bad, right? He wanted it, so it couldn't count as selfishness.
The house had been decorated with lanterns, long ribbons along the pillars, and a long red carpet had been laid down along the grand staircase.
Rae and I had spent all afternoon working on it while Gabriel picked up our gowns at the cleaners.
Gabriel told Rae and I that he had picked out the dresses personally from him for us, and that it was his favorites out of the entire gown shop.
I told Sam to go back to town to prepare, and I'd pick him up at a quarter till nine.
Once I finished preparing the ribbon along the final pillar of the house, and the windows clean, I went up to my room to finally see my gown.
I opened my door and there it was on a life size mannequin. The gown was a black strapless silk gown, the trimming of the top and bottom was a scarlett red, and my shoes were black pumps.
It was about seven, so I figured I should probably head off to pick up Sam.
I excused myself from the mansion, and drove off in my black 2007 Mustang.
Driving to town didn't take long, well it felt like it even though it was about an hour and thirty minutes.
I could've driven faster at my usual speed, but I wanted time to think. Usually I drive about eighty to almost one hundred miles per hour.
When I arrived at Sam's apartment, I got out of my car and looked around before making my next move. No one was around, so I flew up to Sam's window and sat in his window pane.
The wind blew softly through my ears, almost singing to me.
I got tired of waiting, and frightened that I'd be discovered by the authorities, so I opened the window and went into his bedroom and relaxed on his nice queen size bed.
The sheets were comfertable and warm, and smelled of his scent.
I heard the door knob click, then turn. The door opened and there stood Sam's shadow.
"Good evening, Sam." I said. Feeling that my voice sounded a bit masochistic, I sat up to make us feel less awkward.
"What are you doing up here?" Sam asked confused, and I could tell by his expression he was also a little frightened.
"I flew, duh." I said sarcasticly.
Sam pretended to laugh, then walked slowly over to the window and shut it.
"You're wearing that to the ball?" I asked stunned at Sam's sweat pants and Old Navy shirt.
"No, you're thirty minutes early so I wasn't ready." Sam explained.
He folded his arms and stared at me.
"Ahem.." he gurgled.
"Oh, sorry." I giggled. Then I left to the other room to let him change.
Five minutes later, Sam walked out in black dress pants, a black shirt and tie, and his hair had been flipped out at the ends. I had to admit, Sam had better hair than Gabriel will ever have.
I approached Sam and patted his shoulder softly, wiping off a peice of lint.
"Dazzeling, you are." I commented.
"Oh don't go all Twilight on me." Sam chuckeled.
"Twilight?" I asked. I pondered for a minute, then got it. "You're such a book worm, you are. My dazzeling, little book worm."
Sam chuckeled, then grabbed my hand and we walked off to the door. But I stopped him midway.
"No, I got a funner and faster way." I said, then led him over to the window where I came through.
"Hell no!" he said. "No, No. No way!"
"Just hold on, I won't drop you." I said confidently, then I pulled him out the window onto the small sill.
I pulled him into a hug, feeling his precious heart pound against his chest.
"Just hold on." I whispered, then I slowly and calmly walked off the sill.
The cold, hard wind hit our faces. The wind was bliss to me, but I could tell it would be a nightmare for Sam. His poor, beautiful, and fragile face.
We hit the hard concrete ground of the sidewalk lightly, right next to my parked car.
"Perfect landing." I commented myself, then giggled as I led Sam to the car.
He stumbeled a little, then quickly opened the passenger side door and got in.
I was over to my side and in my car faster than a heart beat, loving the ability to be fast.
I shut my door and didn't bother to buckle.
I looked over at Sam, he was buckeled and sitting very still.
We drove off down the road seventy miles per hour in less then five seconds.
Sam held onto the side of the door, and narrowed his eyes forward.
"Calm down, Sam." I ordered. "I always drive like this. Besides, we need to be there in an forty-five minutes and it takes another hour!"
"Sorry, it's just you're driving almost to three digits!" Sam exagerated, as if it was a problem for me. No comment.

Finally when we reached the mansion, it was a little before eight, and I had almost no time to change and to hide Sam before Gabriel would meet him at the ball.
Without notifying Sam, I grabbed onto his waist and flew up to my window without question.
I flew into the open balcony and walked right through the open double doors.
The see-through curtains were blowing lightly in the breeze, calmly; the way I liked it.
I lightly scooted Sam into the room and slightly shoved him onto my bed.
I moved over to the doors, shut them, then locked them.
"Wait here." I ordered Sam.
I went into my closet and changed into my gown and quickly put on my makeup that went with the gown.
Again, the gown was a strapless black gown. My auburn hair was pulled back into an exotic bun that made my head look sort of shaped like a slanted oval, my eyeshadow was heavy and black that covered my whole eye lid and made a tiny slit along the side of my temple. And of course my lipstick was a deep scarlett.
I grabbed my black mask off of the vanity and slipped it on. It of course, knowing me, was black and had white tiny pearls on the edges.
I slipped on my shoes, snipped a few sprays of perfume on, then walked silently with my arms at my side out of my walk-in closet.
Sam sat there at the foot of my bed, quietly.
I picked up a small mask for that I picked out for him and handed it to him, off of my desk.
It was a dark, snake-like green with black tiny pearls along the edges.
He took it in his hands, and slipped it on. Perfect touch.
"You look handsome." I said smiling at him. Daring to show my sharp and lethal fangs.
"You're more beautiful than anything I've seen in the entire world." Sam said softly.
I blushed, for the first time in two years. The way Gabriel commented me, it made me feel even more like an immortal who was a sex god to him. But the way Sam said it, he made me feel like I could float and be human for the first time ever in the last two years.
"Okay, when you meet Gabriel.." I began calmly getting down to buisness. "You are to act calm, and as if you own the place."
"I can manage that." Sam chuckeled 'poppin his collar'.
"Not really, act headstrong and try to make him feel weak. Otherwise, when you meet the rest of the family, you are to know nothing of our immortality and ways. Only as if this was an ordinary masquerade ball." I explained.
Sam nodded, "I promise." he said, then pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back, then pulled back.
"Okay, lets get the party started." I chuckeled.
Sign up to rate and review this story