Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Greatest Fear - FEB 5

by AlexSanDee 0 reviews

Tense times for everyone

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-02-06 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 1454 words

0Unrated
"Gee, how's Kelly?" Mikey asked. Alicia sitting at his side wanted him to ask if there was anything they could do. Mikey nodded to her, "Alicia wants to know if there's anything we can do? Mom sounded pretty upset when she called."
Gerard sat down heavily on the sofa. He rubbed his hand over his face. "We just got her home about a half hour ago. She's got over seventy stitches and a lot of pain."
"Fuck" Mikey muttered. He quickly repeated that to Alicia.
She reached over and took the phone from him. "Gee? How's Monica? Want me to come over? I can help out."
Gerard was touched by his sister-in-laws offer, "Thanks Alicia but it's okay. Monica's handling it okay. Kelly is sleeping right now. The pain meds really knock her out."
"Okay but let me know if there's anything I can do, okay? Hey what about Luke?"
"He's still in the hospital. The fucking dog really messed up his hand. He's gonna have surgery in the morning and they're afraid he's gonna suffer nerve damage."
"Shit" Alicia said. "That's fucked up."
"Yeah, totally." Gerard agreed. "Hey, I gotta go but thanks for calling."
"Wait" Alicia said, "Mikey wants to talk to you." She handed the phone back to her husband.
"How bads it gonna be for you to leave in the morning."
Gerard closed his eyes for a moment, "Fucking rough. Monica and I already talked about it. She understands I have to go. So does Kelly. I just fuckin' wish I didn't."
"I know dude. See you in the morning, bro."

Frank related the story to Jamia about Kelly and Luke. Mikey had called all the guys as soon as his mom told him.
"Man, this ain't a good way to start off a tour." Frank said sitting down on the sofa careful not to jar Jamia.
She shook her head, "Shows you how you never really know what life is gonna throw at you. I'm guessing Gee don't wanna leave."
Frank agreed, "I'm sure he don't. Shit, I hope he can focus on the tour but I understand if he can't."
Jamia sighed, "You guys need a long break from the road."
Frank reached out and gently caressed her stomach. "Yeah, we really do. All our lives are so different from when we started. I miss those days." He said sadly. "I really do. Playing the small clubs with the kids right up next to the stage. Man, that was great."
She reached out and stroked his hair, "And then fame."
"Yeah, fame." He repeated. "Sometimes I think we all lost part of ourselves when that happened."

"Thank you." Christa said softly. She looked across the table into Ray's eyes. "This was a wonderful surprise.
He laughed, "Well I figured we should have at least one dinner in our new home before I took off."
Christa reached across the table for his hand, "But to set this all up for me."
"Babe, it's just a card table and take out food." Her praise slightly embarrassed him.
"Ray Toro, stop that. This was a beautiful thoughtfully thing to do."
He looked down at their clasped hands. "I sorta have another surprise."
"What?"
He stood from the table. Taking her hand he led her upstairs to the master bedroom. She watched as he crossed the room to a large duffle bag on the floor. He pulled out towels, candles and bubble bath. Christa grinned. "Oh my."
"I just thought we should try out our sunken tub so I brought along a few things earlier when I was here." He started the water running and added bubble bath. Then he placed the candles around the tub and lit them. "There." He stood and turned to Christa. She was standing staring into his eyes, completely nude. Ray was pleasantly surprised. "Babe" he whispered.

"Let's do that again." Kara said as she settled down in Bob's arms.
"Christ, woman. You gotta give me a few minutes at least." He leaned over and kissed her lips gently. "You worry me.,” he said suddenly becoming serious.
Kara closed her eyes, "Why?"
He sat up slightly to look into her face, "You know why. I know how much you keep bottled up inside. Others might not see it but I do." He stroked her cheek, "Talk to me."
Kara opened her eyes. "I'm gonna miss you" She said her voice shaking.
"This is more than just that. Please let me know what's going on in that head of yours."
She was silent for several moments. "Maybe I'm more like Kelly than I thought. I just feel like something bad is coming and I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a field with a tornado coming right at me and theses nowhere to take cover."
Bob was surprised by her words, "Tornado?'
She laughed sadly, "Kansas roots showing I guess. If you've never lived through a tornado you wouldn't understand."
"I think I do though. You feel like things are happening that are out of your control and you don't know what to do."
She nodded, "Yeah."
Bob laid back against the pillows. "I heard you and Kelly talking before we left. You think you're moms gonna get hurt, don't you?"
Kara nodded, "Yeah and there isn't a fucking thing I can do to stop it. I've lived through her almost being destroyed by my father. I don't wanna see it happen again."
He tired to understand, "He really does love her."
"But does he lover her enough? Does he lover her as much as she loves him?"
"Gerard is pretty hard to understand sometimes." He began but Kara interrupted.
"Yeah, yeah. He's deep. Full of emotions. Whatever. So is my mom."
"Kara you need to let go of the anger. I know he's done some things that hurt your mom but."
"But has she ever done anything to hurt him? No, she hasn't."
"You think he loves Liv more than her, don't you?"
Kara thought a minute before answering, "You know I'm not sure. I think he might think he does. I watched him at Bamboozle. The way he looked at Liv when he saw her. There is just so much between the two of them that's never been settled. Understand what I mean?"
"Yeah, I understand. But I don't think it ever will be settled. Sometimes you just have to let go of the past and move on. Sometimes things are never completely put to rest."
"But" Kara said quietly, "I'm not sure Gerard can let it go."
Bob pulled her close again. Looking down at his young wife he felt so much love. He wanted to keep her safe. "I wish I could say something that would ease your mind. All I know is that I will love you forever. There's nothing in my past to haunt me. Hell, I don't think my life began until I met you. The first time I saw you over a Donna's you fucking took my breath away. I thought to myself 'what the fuck are you thinking? She's in high school for God's sake.’ But it didn't matter cause I knew you were mine."
Tears began to run down her cheeks, "And when I saw you I thought 'I'm never gonna feel alone again. He's the part of me I've been missing."
"I love you." He whispered before capturing her lips. When they broke apart Kara looked into his eyes.
"You're the only man I've ever trusted. The only man I'll ever love." The words came from the purest part of her heart. "Forever."

"If you need anything let me know, okay? IF you wake up and the pain is bad I can get you another pill."
Kelly smiled, "Thanks Dad."
"Night Baby" Monica said giving her a kiss.
They walked towards the door. "I'll tell you goodbye in the morning." Gerard said reaching for the light.
"Okay," Kelly said slowly.
Her voice stopped him from reaching for the light switch. "I'm sorry."
Monica and Gerard glanced at each other. "Why?" Monica asked.
Kelly took a deep breath, "Sorry for today. Sorry for messing up your plans. I wish I hadn't. I wish..." she broke off with tears in her eyes.
Gerard cross the room. "Hey' he said stroking her hair. "Nothing is your fault. Shit happens sometimes. All that is important today is that you and Luke are okay."
"But." Kelly searched for the words. "If things hadn't happened and you hadn't changed your plans then maybe..." She couldn't tell them.
Monica walked up to Gerard's side. "Honey, things happen for a reason."
That was Kelly's greatest fear.
Sign up to rate and review this story