Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Rain

Tornado

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Tru meets his mother. The Architect gives him the truth. R&R please

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2008-02-07 - Updated: 2008-02-08 - 1352 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sell me out I'm yesterday's old news,
phrases left on paper,
black ink bleeding through
the pages where we made our history.
Call me foolish,
I feel hopeless...

All Time Low – Running from Lions


“I am not here for games.” Tru growled though he was aware of a subtle change. His anger was fuelled by each move the man made as they were in the dark recessed of the tunnel.

“Where are we?” Michael asked after a long silence.

“Under St Paul’s Cathedral in the unknown catacombs.” The Grand Alchemist told them. “Hellion here knows the place. His mother, the creator of his very life, sits hidden down here and he can feel her urging him out.”

“Shut up.” Tru snapped struggling. “Shut up.”

“Explain how you can conjure up your little tricks Tru but some even you have not fully mastered control of. You have always been different and you have always hidden behind the Vatican because it was easier to let them come up with reasons for your inability to control yourself.” The silver-haired man walked around them and smiled as he watched the fiery blue eyes following his movements. “You Tru have some abilities that we desire.”

“We…” His head snapped around to meet the man. “We owe you nothing.” Hissed a voice even Tru did not recognise from his mouth. “We owe only ourselves an allegiance. The human is mine.”

“You have been corrupted from your task, jaded by his thoughts of where God had placed him in the grand design of this world. Well puppet of the dead you are out of luck as there was no grand plan. You are a project of your mothers’ fornications. Something simple and pure turned around to be cursed and then hidden away in vast corridors within the Vatican. You’re demon has been suppressed Tru, or rather should I say Hellion?”

“You’re treading a dangerous line.” Tru murmured at him. “I just want to go home and see my girl. I...” He felt a fresh wave of anger wash through his system the creature inside him arguing, wanted him to shoot the man in his way. I want to feel the raw power taking another man’s life. He enjoyed it so very much…

“Am I now?” He nodded and wandered off towards the tunnel. Michael looked at Tru and tipped a non-existent hat before heading off the other way. If this was the underneath of some Holy-as-Holy could get place then he wanted to be on the next cargo ship or plane back to England. He didn’t want to be stuck here where Tru might change his mind and chase him down in the name of all that was pure.

Tru sighed as he heard the vampire exiting and looked to the long tunnel. He trod heavily booted down the same way as the Grand Architect. He wanted to know if this burden was true, was he really harbouring a demon? What the hell would this guy know of him and his mother who was hidden? Did he mean her burial place or that she was actually hidden as some kind of prisoner? He wanted answers but he also knew he could be scared by the truth of the matter.

The blonde man opened a large chamber and Tru wasn’t sure that he wanted to see what was inside. He wanted answers but he wasn’t sure he would be able to cope with seeing her if she was alive. He felt angry that it might be the case, she had gone against God’s will and had a child without his blessing, and she was a Saint! A Saint that had been made sinner when he was conceived. His very blood was sin. He sighed and felt the anger subside for some reason. Perhaps it was a feeling of disappointment.

“Come and meet her.” The blonde said his arms folded as Tru walked in.

There was a glass casket built in to the white marble room. Inside a woman’s body lay in rest. Tru walked in, his dark coat and boots contrasting with the beautiful white scene. The woman looked perfect, porcelain skin and red ruby lips, long white-blonde hair. The demon in him rumbled, clawed at his body for more control. Wanted to smash the perfect looking casket and its innocent white walls.

“Hypocrisy!” Hellion yelled and Tru struggled not to loose control. Black shadows oozing from him like pools of blood at his feet. “Get her out of there disgusting being. Foul creature that tainted us both by shutting us in!”

“You were destined to be born but we had expected her to fall completely. God should have stopped speaking to her but for some reason he wanted her to hear him. Perhaps he thought he would be able to stop her from falling in love with a mortal man.” The Grand Architect said softly.

“He has never spoken to me.” The demon’s voice rolled out. “I have no such reason to place faith in your speeches nor shall I give the human over to you. He is better with me in his life. I can keep him alive from people that seek to claim him.”

“That almost sounded altruistic Hellion but I know better.” The blonde said as he walked around the glass casket. “You want to remain there because you need a vessel to continue your research between the gates. You should be dead; you should remain that side of the world. With your death the souls stuck between worlds cannot attempt to access this one.”

“Why should I believe you?” Hellion said his grip on the human slowly fading as Tru’s heart was touched by seeing his mother. The warm sensation of mother to child was already oozing its way out and he did not like it one bit.

“You heard them when you were in the realm of the dead didn’t you? They listened to your words. It’s time you let go, take the girl and do what you are here for.”

“What does the girl have to do with this? What does anyone I have met have to do with my life. The child is his…” Hellion spat before suddenly realising that he was no longer in full control. He shuddered violently as Tru hearing about the girl. “Leave her out of this!”

“Ah Tru.” The blonde kept his distance. “Suddenly interested as it involves the well-being of the girl. Interesting to see that you can actually fight control of him.”

“This is the first time this has happened.” Tru told him. “Since this idiotic chase began in fact. So that is my… mother.” He sounded like he hated her, Tru couldn’t be sure if that was the truth or not. He looked at her lying there. “Why do I need to understand this and why is the little girl involved?”

“Charlie called out for you that night. You course was written when she decided it.” He told him as he watched Tru fold his arms and his eyes wash over the casket of the woman laid to rest. “You wanted someone to understand you and she wanted rescuing. You both became part of one another’s lives and the Hellion cannot relish in his full potential as long as she lives.”

“Why?” He looked at the blonde, confused. So much was happening and he wanted the basics in black and white. He also wanted to disappear out of the way but even that seemed impossible with the amount of people slowly being drawn in towards him. “The woman… the one who heals?”

“Again you asked for her and inadvertently Charlie has delivered.”

“How does that work then?”

“You told her she was going to be protected by an angel. She is your voice to God.” He said and with that he left Tru alone in the dark again the room was gone, the glass casket and Tru found himself back in a tunnel alone with nothing but his thoughts.
Sign up to rate and review this story