Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Rain

Crosswinds

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Tru and the Vampire meet with another obstable

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-12-18 - Updated: 2007-12-18 - 1023 words - Complete

0Unrated
Will dance if they want to dance
Please brother take a chance
You know they're gonna go
Which way they wanna go
All we know is that we don't know
What is gonna be
Please brother let it be
Life on the other hand won't let you understand
Why we're all part of the masterplan

Oasis – Masterplan


“The plan?” Michael looked at Tru a little curiously as Tru looked at the vampire and looked around.

“We can interact with this world just not the spirits in it right?” Tru’s blue eyes washed around the graveyard. The angry spiritual mob fought against the Gate Keepers command but they were slowly advancing forwards.

“Your point?” Michael glared at him.

“If I stake you I know that you will not turn to dust. It renders you powerless correct?” He looked at him.

“Yes but it is very painful.” The glare turned to a scowl.

“Look if I stake you then you’re closer to them and might be able to hear the words they call and…” Tru looked at his face. “Not a plan you like at all right?”

“Would you like me to shoot you in the head with one of your bullets? I think no is the answer.” Michael rolled his eyes. “You really think that it will help?”

“Well let’s be honest do we have a choice here?” He pointed to the gathering of ghosts. “It’s that or get used to your scenery.” Tru pulled his hat lower down, the place was unnerving and knowing the prayer to get there did not help them to get out.

Michael nodded and then finally stood ready. Tru looked around, the only thing he had to hand was his wooden crucifix and he sheared the end to a point guiltily defacing the icon and took a deep breath. It wasn’t what Tru wanted to do, the problem was as soon as he got talking to someone they stopped being an enemy. He plunged the spiked idol through Michael’s chest as hard as he could.

Michael froze, the pain so intense he was immediately reduced to standing blindly still. Then the makeshift stake slid through skin and pushed past his rib, the Hellion’s black shadows that were normally hidden away became a prominent as he slipped closer to death and the true form of the Hellion’s hybrid existence was revealed. As he slipped closer and closer to the eternal sleep he was able to hear whispers, faint ones on the winds.

Michael heard a chant; it was the dire opposite to Tru’s dark words inviting them in to the netherworld of the lands that hosted the souls of the dead. It was a promise on the wind of unwritten futures and lives that were not yet ready to be taken.

When he was suddenly ripped back to reality Tru’s blue eyes were fixed on his, the stake pulled out of his chest, the gaping wound starting to close. He felt angry, intangibly drawn to the idea of ripping out veins, and heart from the thing in front of him and then Tru spoke.

“Did you get what we need?” He asked him with a determined cool tone.

“Yes.” He snarled and looked to the dead surrounding them with respect but solemnity. He repeated what he had heard to the dark creature in front of him. “How does all this work?”

“I have no idea. It’s something I need to take up with the Vatican on our return.” He did not add the IF because it seemed a little too pessimistic on his part. Tru closed his eyes and Michael reluctantly placed a hand on his shoulder. Neither of them was fond of the other but an odd bond was forming and he had no desire to be stuck alone.

The dead moved forwards the second the barrier began to fall. They clambered towards the opening portal of light as the figures of Tru and Michael stepped through. The dead wanted out too, wanted to be one side of the fence or the other. What they didn’t expect was that the creature hybrid of Tru and the dark form of his Hellion would fight back.

The demon that shared its bond with the host body of Tru was a deeply chaotic form that did not have interests with either the living or dead. It survived on the pandemonium of Tru’s very existence with him. So long he had merely sat helping the young man along his way, striving to force him to a deeper path of destruction and wild pure chaos and now finally he had his chance to expunge that waiting time and cash in.

Tru was held between the gate and the living world. Michael felt him hesitate and pulled at his arm but the creature of Hellion so long in waiting for release was not prepared to give in so easily. Black tendrils of more raw chaos spilled outwards and wrapped their essence in and around the bones and tissue and forced Tru to step between the gates.

The ghosts of the dead surged towards them both and Tru much as any other time he had been given to fight pulled the guns and began to fire. Michael was confused because only moments before they had ended towards the gate and seemed determined to come through.

The guns fired out rapidly against the visages of souls who moved towards the newly opened gate fighting over one another to try and get the supremacy and the freedom that came with it. The guns shattered through the silent area and the dead howled not hurt but forced to be dissipated and slow down giving them more clearance.

Michael gave one last show of strength and his body pulled violently against Tru who fell against him as both of them fell out through the opened white light of the planar gate. They landed violently with a thud on the stone floor of a cold building in the dark. Both vampire and hybrid-demon fell to the ground.
Sign up to rate and review this story