Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

In My Heart Always - FEB 7

by AlexSanDee 0 reviews

Gerard leaves for the tour. Monica goes to visit Luke

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-02-10 - Updated: 2008-02-10 - 1552 words

0Unrated
The alarm clock rang at the set time but Gerard was already awake. For almost an hour he had laid in bed staring at the ceiling and thinking. Monica was right about needing to understand once and for all why Liv and left him. Their conversation played over again in his mind. When she had told him to think of her as the worst mistake he’d ever made he had told her the truth. He could never think that. Liv had given him a precious gift. He loved his daughter with all his heart.
“Gee, you awake?” Monica mumbled, her eyes still closed.
He leaned over and kissed her, “Yeah, Hon. I’m awake. Sleep for a bit longer. I’m just gonna get my stuff ready. The airport shuttle won’t be here for an hour.
Monica rolled over, “Yeah, like that’s gonna happen.”
“What?” He wasn’t sure if she was quite awake.
“I’m not staying in bed and missing one minute I have with you.”
He smiled and kissed her again. “Sounds like you’re gonna miss me, for sure.”
“Yeah, for sure.” She teased.
They both got up and dressed. On the way downstairs Gerard stopped in Kelly’s room. Monica went on to the kitchen to make coffee.
“Kell” He whispered as he got close to the bed.
She opened her eyes and smiled, “Hey, Dad.”
“How are you feeling? In pain?”
Kelly shook her head, “Not bad. Are you leaving already?”
“Not yet but I want you to go back to sleep. It’s early. Promise to call me as soon as you hear how Luke’s surgery goes, okay?’
“I will.” She promised.
He leaned down and kissed her cheek. “I’m sorry I’m leaving.”
“It’s okay.” She said trying to sound positive.
“When I get back maybe we can do something together. You know a father / daughter day?”
Kelly smiled, “I would like that.”
He nodded, “Go back to sleep. I’ll talk to you later today.”
Kelly watched him walk towards the door. Suddenly pain overwhelmed her. Not from her injuries. This pain was from her heart. “Dad?”
Gerard turned to face her, “Yeah?”
She didn’t know what to say. Words couldn’t begin to explain how she felt. She didn’t want him to leave. Fear that he would never come back filled her.
“What is it Kell?”
Kelly blinked back tears, “Just remember how much we love you, okay?”
He smiled, “I keep that feeling in my heart always.”
She nodded.
Gerard gave her one more smile the walked through the door. Tears rolled down her cheeks. It felt as if he had just walked out of their lives.

The airport shuttle arrived ten minutes early. Gerard had already loaded all this stuff and was standing with Monica on the porch.
“It’s not fair. That driver just stole ten minutes from us.” Monica said hugging Gerard tightly.
“I know. I’ll make sure and yell at him when we get on the road.”
“I don’t want you to leave.” She whispered.
“I don’t wanna go. But just keep thinking about July and Vegas, okay?” He kissed her neck.
“I will.”
“I’ll call you later today when I get settled in my hotel room. Give Kell another kiss for me okay? She seemed petty sad.”
Monica understood feeling sad. “I will.”
The driver honked.
“I gotta go. Love you.” He gave her one final kiss.
Monica blinked back the tears, “I love you too.” She watched as he walked down the steps and got in the shuttle. She waved until the van was out of sight. Closing her eyes she tried to remind herself that things were gonna be fine. When he got back they would be married. She tried desperately to hold on to that thought.

Around noon Monica went up to check on Kelly again. Right after Gerard had left she had checked on her and had given her another pain pill. While they took away most of the pain, they made her sleep.
“Hey, Honey.” She saw that Kelly was awake and sitting up. “How are you feeling?”
Kelly sighed, “Kinda hurts but not bad. I’m just so tired.”
“Ready for lunch?”
“Mom, I need to know how Luke is.”
Monica understood. “I was thinking if your feeling okay I would run over to the hospital and check on him.”
“Can I go?” Kelly asked quickly.
Monica shook her head, “You need to stay where you are and rest. You heard what the doctor said.”
“I want to see him.” Kelly said sadly. “He told me yesterday before I left the hospital that he wasn’t sure his dad would even be able to take off work for his surgery. Mom, I’m afraid he’s alone.”
Monica had also feared this was the case. “I’ll go see him, okay? I’ll tell him how much you wish you could see him.”
Kelly nodded, “Thanks Mom.”
“Now I’m gonna make you lunch first. Need me to help you get up and use the bathroom?”
“I can handle it.” Kelly assured her.
Monica fixed Kelly’s lunch and made she had everything she needed before she took off for the hospital.
Before going to see Luke she went to the ER and found the nurse who had taken such good care of Kelly yesterday. Luckily the woman had a few spare minutes to talk to her. The nurse hadn’t been sure which surgeon had performed Luke’s surgery but she found out the information for Monica. When Monica explained the situation concerning Luke’s dad the nurse had been very sympathetic. She told Monica to go up and see Luke and she would try to find out more information concerning Luke’s injury. Monica thanked her and headed up to his room. He was still a bit sleepy from the surgery.
“Can I come in?” She asked standing in the doorway.
Luke opened his eyes. He was surprised to see Kelly’s mom. “Uh, sure.”
Monica walked in and took the seat beside his bed. “How are you feeling?”
He shrugged, “I’ve felt better.”
“Kelly wanted me to tell you how much she wishes she could be here to see you.”
“Is she okay, really?”
His concern touched Monica, “She’s gonna be fine, Luke. I didn’t get a chance to thank you yesterday for taking care of her like you did.”
Luke looked away, “I wish I could have done more.”
Monica reached out and touched his arm, “Luke, she’s gonna be okay because of you. Gerard and I will never be able to thank you enough.”
He wouldn’t meet her eyes.
“Luke, has your dad been here?” Monica asked softly.
“No, he couldn’t get off work.” He answered quickly. “It’s okay. There’s nothing he could do anyway.” It was apparent he was hurt by his father’s absence but didn’t want to show it.
“I’m sorry, Hun.” Kelly had told her about Luke’s mother. “I’m sure he’ll come by after work.”
“He said he’d pick me up tomorrow morning when I’m supposed to be released.” Luke said flatly.
Monica’s heart went out to him. “Well then.” She tried to lighten the mood. “I guess I’m your favorite visitor.”
Luke looked at her, “Mrs. Knight is okay. I’m used to being alone. I know you’re trying to be nice to me but I’m okay, really.”
“I’m not just trying to be nice. I’m here because Kelly wanted me to come and because I wanted to come.” She stood. “Now I’m gonna find us something to drink and I’ll be right back.”
Luke looked at her oddly, “You don’t have to stay.”
Monica gave him a genuine smile, “I want to stay.”
In the hall she passed the nurses station and made sure Luke was allowed to have liquids following his surgery. The nurse told her it was fine and even showed her were refreshment were kept for the patients. She gave Monica two ginger ales and told her how happy she was that Luke had a visitor. The nurses on the floor had taken quite a liking to him. From her Monica was also able to find out more about Luke’s surgery. While it had gone well they still did not know if any permanent damage had been done.
“Here you go.” Monica said cheerfully when she returned to his room. She placed his rolling tray in front of him and set down his drink. “I’m gonna head down to the gift shop and get you something to read. Any favorite authors?’
Luke smiled, “I really like horror books.” It had been a long time since anyone other that Sunshine had shown any kindness towards him.
Monica nodded, “So does Gerard.” She took out her cell phone and pushed Kelly’s number. “Talk to Sunshine while I’m gone.”
Luke looked embarrassed.
“Sunshine is a prefect name for her.” She said softly.
Luke was surprised, yet touched, when she leaned down to kiss his cheek before leaving the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story