Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > Digimon: Battle to Save the Dimensional Plane

Impmon's Choice

by GuGoomba 0 reviews

With the threat of both BlackGatmon and Seadramon endangering the lives of the beach-going public, will the Digi-Destined be able to survive not only them, but a new digimon as well?

Category: Digimon - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Guilmon, Taichi Kamiya, Takato - Published: 2006-01-31 - Updated: 2006-02-01 - 4309 words

0Unrated
Two failiures in one day. How could that happen to me? was all BlackGatomon could think of as she walked slowly in the direction of the portal in the Digital World that would take her back to the Digital Underworld. She sighed as she looked up at the sky. She was one of the craftiest digimon in the whole Digital World, yet she had been outdone twice in a single day.

"Hey kitty cat. Why the long face?" asked a voice from up above and slightly behind her. She quickly turned around, claws up and ready to attack.

"Who's there?" she asked. Her eyes darted up to see a small purple digimon with a white face, a red banadana, and a evil smiley face on his chest. "Who are you?"

"I think I could ask the same of you kitty cat. But I won't be rude in front of a lady. The name's Impmon," said the digimon, closing one eye and lighting a ball of red flame above one of his fingers. "How 'bout you toots?" BlackGatomon lowered her guard. She kind of liked this digimon. He reminded her of the sort of mischieve maker she once was.

"I am BlackGatomon. Now if you will excuse me, I must return to my master and report in," she said as she turned around.

"Master? You don't mean you're one of those human loving digimon, do ya?" asked Impmon. BlackGatomon stopped in her tracks and turned around.

"No human would ever be my master. My master is a digimon. One that could easily destroy you with a single thought," said BlackGatomon. Impmon flicked the flame off his finger and tossed it back and forth in his hands.

"Is that so? Well, you seem to have some brains underneath all that fur. No human would ever be caught dead as my tamer," said Impmon.

"Tamer? You mean you're not from this Digital World?" asked BlackGatomon.

"Nope. I'm watching those three kids and their pathetic digimon enter a digital field. I follow, thinking that I'll get a good show, then the next thing I know, baboom!" said Impmon as the flame exploded in a small shower of sparks. "I'm walking around this lovy dovy Digital World were even the virus digimon are nice. It's enough to make me want to lose my lunch." BlackGatomon smiled. This little digimon might be of some use to her master.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," she purred, giving him a half eyed glance. "Would you like to accompany me back to my home?" Impmon leaped down out of the tree and landed in front of her, an evil grin on his face.

"Kitty, now you just took the words out of my mouth," said Impmon.

****

"So Wormmon can now armor digivolve, and these new guys can become more powerful by using cards. I say it's time we take the fight to the Digital World," said Davis as he sat in his room. The group of younger Digidestined had gathered at his house the next day. The sleeping arangements had been a little hard to make at first, but they finally agreed that Takato would stay with Davis, Henry would stay with TK, and Rika would stay with Yolie. Naturally, their parents had to be lectued on the whole "saving the world" speech by each of the kids, which now seemed to be an every year accurance.

"I still say that we shouldn't rush into this Davis," said TK.

"TK's right. Who knows what digimon we're going up against. We have to be extra careful," said Kari.

"I hate playing it safe. It makes my paws itch," said Gatomon. She had been very vexed ever since she had found out the leader of the two digimon attacks yesterday was a BlackGatomon. She hated how her viral counterpart gave her kind a bad name.

"I have to agree with Kari on this one Gatomon. I just don't think it's such a good idea to head blindly into the Digital World with no way to know what we're up against," said Ken.

"Ken's probably right you guys. Back home, we had to face a few Ultimate digimon. I'm willing to bet that whoever's behind all this has a number of them ready to go," said Takato.

"Yeah. But I know we can beat them," said Guilmon as he munched on a freshly made peanut butter sandwich. Suddenly, Terriermon ran into the room.

"Uh guys! I hate being the bearer of bad news, but I think you'd better take a look at this!" cried Terriermon. Everyone ran out into the living room to see the TV tuned into the local news station. It showed a view of the bay area of the city, and in the bay itself was what looked like a giant snake with a metal plate on its head.

"Eye witnesses have reported seeing this large sea monster headed inland, with reports of the monster damaging sea craft and several buildings along the shoreline," said the news reporter.

"Seadramon," said Davis. They then noticed a small patch of black moving along the shoreline with Seadramon. "And BlackGatomon." Gatomon clenched her paws into fists.

"I say we ice that black fake," said Gatomon.

"Let's go," said Davis as the group ran out of the house. "Digi Armor Energize!" he cried as the Digi-Egg of Friendship appeared in front of him.

"Veemon, Armor Digivolve to...Raidramon, the Storm of Friendship!" cried Veemon as the Digi-Egg of Friendship bonded with him, changing him into a four-legged animal covered in black armor with three lightning bolt shaped spikes on his back and a lighting bolt shaped blade on his head.

"Digi Armor Energize!" cried Yolie as the Digi-Egg of Love appeared in front of her.

"Hawkmon, Armor Digivolve to...Halsemon, the Wings of Love!" cried Hawkmon as the Digi-Egg of Love bonded with him, changing him into a four-legged beast with a silver helmet on his head, from which a pair of silver wings came from.

"Digi-Armor Energize!" cried TK as the Digi-Egg of Hope appeared in front of him.

"Patamon, Armor Digivolve to...Pegasusmon, Flying Hope!" cried Patamon as the Digi-Egg of Hope bonded with him, changing him into a majestic pegasus with armor plating on his body.

"Digi Armor Energize!" cried Kari as the Digi-Egg of Light appeared in front of her.

"Gatomon, Armor Digivolve to...Nefertimon, the Angel of Light!" cried Gatomon as the Digi-Egg of Light bonded with her, changing her into a winged sphinx.

"Digi Modify!" cried Rika, swiping a card through her digivice. "Digivolution activate!"

"Renamon, digivolve to...Kyubimon!" cried Renamon as she digivolved into Kyubimon. Takato and Guilmon joined Davis, Henry and Terriermon went with TK, Ken and Wormmon joined Yolie, and Cody and Armadillomon went with Rika as they took off for the bay.

****

"Ice Blast!" cried Seadramon as he shot another boat with his icy breath. BlackGatomon followed at a distance, watching with glee as Seadramon scared some fishermen in a boat as he blasted the cargo net filled with fish into a giant ice cube.

"This is so much fun, they should outlaw this," she said to herself as she bounded after the giant sea serpent. She looked up ahead to see a beach area filled with tons of kids swimming, playing, and basking in the sun. "Perfect," she purred.

****

"Oh no! Seadramon's headed straight for the beach," said Davis as Raidramon bounded towards the giant sea dragon. As if it had heard him, it raised its massive body towards the beach, rushing inland as fast as it could. The children in the water were the first ones to see Seadramon coming. Each one of them panicked, splashing quickly out of the water, only to fall victim to BlackGatomon as she sucked the pure energy from their bodies with her tail ring.

"Thunder Blast!" cried Raidramon, launching a blast of electric energy at BlackGatomon. She turned and leaped backwards as the blast hit the sand, kicking it up into a cloud.

"I was wondering if you would show up or not. You did, as I had hoped," said BlackGatomon as the team of digimon ran up to stand in line in front of her. Seadramon, in the meantime, had slowly retreated back into the water, biding his time.

"Why are you doing this?" asked Yolie.

"Simple. So my master can become more powerful. After all, power is what makes the world go round," said BlackGatomon as she snapped her claws together. Suddenly, three Ebidramon burst from the sand, sending the others flying back to the ground. They turned towards them, their claws clicking as they watched them stand back up.

Digimon Analyzer

"Ebidramon are crustacean digimon who use their Twin Scissors attack to put the squeeze on their opponents."


Just then, three huge shells burst through the ground, spiraling up to become the shells of none other than three Shellmon. They stuck their heads out of their shells with a roar.

Digimon Analyzer

"Shellmon's Hydro Blaster attack is powerful enough to break through solid rock."


And if that wasn't enough, three Tortomon burst froth from the sand with a roar.

Digimon Analyzer

"Tortomon are turtle digimon that use their Strong Carapace attack to be hard on their enemies."


"And it helps to share that thought with others," said BlackGatomon with a smirk.

"They've got us surrounded," said Yolie from atop Halsemon.

"And outnumbered," said Kari.

"They may have us trapped, but we won't go down without a fight," said Takato as everyone dismounted the digimon.

"Digi Armor Energize!" cried Cody as the Digi-Egg of Knowledge appeared in front of him.

"Armadillomon, Armor Digivolve to...Digmon, the Drill of Knowledge!" cried Armadillomon as theDigi-Egg of Knowledge bonded with him, changing him into an armored insect with a drill for a nose and two drills on each upper hand.

"Digi Modify!" cried Henry as he swiped a card through his digivice. "Digivolution activate!"

"Terriermon, digivolve to...Gargomon!" cried Terriermon as he was enveloped in green light. BlackGatomon, as well as every other kid, watched in amazement as Terriemon grew in size, changing into a bigger rabbit like digimon with guns for hands and a ammo strap over his shoulder.

"But...how...," stuttered BlackGatomon, taking a step back. "How could he digivolve?" Wormmon leaped forward.

"My turn now. Wormmon, digivolve to..." cried Wormmon. But nothing happened.

"What happened?" asked Davis.

"Now I understand why our digimon can only armor digivolve,"cried Ken. "BlackGatomon's tail ring has to be made from a control spire!"

"And why our digimon can still digivolve. They aren't from this dimension, so the control spires don't effect them," said Henry.

"Makes sense to me," said Cody. BlackGatmon glared at them.

"So what if you can still digivolve. It won't help. Ebidramon, Shellmon, Tortomon, attack!" yelled BlackGatomon, all nine of the enemy digimon roaring loudly as they started to converge on the kids and their digimon.

"Digi Armor Energize!" cried Ken as the Digi-Egg of Kindness appeared in front of him.

"Wormmon, Armor Digivolve to...Poochiemon, the Pixie of Kidness!" cried Wormmon as the Digi-Egg of Kindness bonded with him, changing him into a small humanoid digimon with long rabbit like ears covered in a rubber-like material, as were the gloves on his hands.

"Digi Modify!" cried Takato as he swiped a card through his digivice. "Digivolution activate!"

"Guilmon, digivolve to...Growlmon!" cried Guilmon as he was envelpoed in red light, changing into a large red dinosaur like digimon with white hair and blades on his arms.

"Strong Carapace!" cried the three Tortomon, firing several of their rock hard spikes from their back at Raidramon, Halsemon, and Poochiemon.

"Thunder Blast!" cried Raidramon, firing a blast of blue electrical energy. The attack connected with a third of the rock spikes, shattering them into pieces.

"Heavy Beam!" cried Poochiemon, firing a blast of yellow energy from his fingers. The energy hit another third of the spikes, blasting them to dust.

"Eagle Eye!" cried Halsemon, firing several beams of red energy from his eyes, each pair destroying a spike. BlackGatomon quietly slipped out of the battle and bounded up to where Seadramon was waiting.

"Let's go and finish what we came to do. They'll keep those kids busy," said BlackGatomon as she leaped onto Seadramon's head. Seadramon then turned and started his trek inland again, leaving the battling digimon behind in his wake. Fortunately, Davis noticed the retreating digimon.

"Hey! Seadramon and BlackGatomon are leaving!" cried Davis.

"They're probably going after more pure energy," said Takato. An Ebidramon lunged towards him, but was knocked to the side by Growlmon as he tackled it from the side.

"I'll E-mail Tai and the others. Maybe they can intercept him," said Davis as he furiously typed a message into his D-Terminal.

"Dragon Slash!" cried Growlmon, his arm blade crackeling with electicity as it extended. He then swung his arm at Ebidramon, slicing into the Champion digimon with the blade. Ebidramon let out a cry of pain. But he gritted his teeth and brought his claws forward.

"Twin Scissors!" cried Ebidramon, clamping his two pincers onto Growlmon's arms, restricting them to his sides.

"You think that's going to stop me? Try this one on for size. Pyro Blaster!" cried Growlmon as he breathed a blast of fire at Ebidramon, who tried to dodge. But he was unable to get out of the way in time, the blast hitting him head on. He let out a cry as his form burst into digital data.

"One down and eight to go," said Rika as Kyubimon leapt towards a Shellmon.

"Foxtail Inferno!" cried Kyubimon, blue flames igniting on the tips of her tails. Then they shot off towards the Shellmon.

"Hydro Blaster!" cried Shellmon, lowering its head and firing a blast of water from its hair, extinguishing Kyubimon's attack and at the same time hitting Kyubimon, knocking to the sand.

"Kyubimon, are you all right?" asked Rika. Kyubimon stood up slowly, but she still looked strong.

"Never better," said Kyubimon as she leapt towards the Shellmon again, rolling rapidly in the air. "Dragon Wheel!" she cried as he body became engulfed in blue flame. It leapt off of her body, the front end looking like the head of a dragon as it slammed into Shellmon. Shellmon let out a cry of pain as his form burst into data particles.

"Thunder Blast!" cried Raidramon as he shot a blast of electricity at a Tortomon. But the Tortomon retracted his head into its shell, stopping the attack from causing much damage.

"Strong Carapace!" cried a second Tortomon as it fired several more rock spikes from its back.

"Star Shower!" cried Pegasusmon, shooting several stars from his wings, blasting the spikes out of the air before they could hit Raidramon.

"Rosetta Stone!" cried Nefertimon, launching a stone tablet at the Tortomon. This time, the attack hit home, stunning the giant reptile digimon.

"Thunder Blast!" cried Raidramon, launching his electical attack at the stunned Tortomon again.

"Heavy Beam!" cried Poochiemon, shooting a beam of yellow energy at Tortomon. Both attacks hit home, Tortomon's form breaking up into digital data.

"We gottem' on the run guys! Keep it up!" yelled Davis.

****

"Now there's a particulary nice looking bunch," said BlackGatomon from her perch on Seadramon's head. She had spied a group of children walking along the bridge with their dogs. The perfect target. Seadramon readed back his head, rising above the edge of the bridge. But what was waiting for them wasn't who they thought it was. The children with the dogs ran, but hidden behind the bridge's edge were five Rookie digimon and their Digidestined counterparts.

"Attack everyone!" cried Tai.

"Pepper Breath!" cried Agumon, breathing a fireball that knocked the surprised BlackGatomon knocking her off of Seadramon's head and into the water

"Marching Fishes!" cried Gomamon as several mult-colored fish sprang from the river and proceeded to keep BlackGatomon busy.

"Spiral Twister!" cried Biyomon as she flapped her wings, releasing a green spiral of energy at Seadramon.

"Blue Blaster!" cried Gabumon, blasting a breath of blue fire from his mouth.

"Super Shocker!" cried Tentomon, red electricity crackling on his back as it shot out at Seadramon. All three attacks slammed into Seadramon's head, knocking the giant Champion head over tail. Normally, a Seadramon wouldn't be effected so greatly just by three Rookies, but they had caught him off-guard. By now, BlackGatomon had managed to fight off the Marching Fishes and had made it back onto solid ground. She was completely soaked, and very angry.

"You will pay for that! I just cleaned my coat!" she cried as she leapt forward towards Agumon.

"Help us out Marching Fishes!" cried Gomamon as the fish sprung from the water, knocking BlackGatomon off course and to the ground.

"Pepper Breath!" cried Agumon, breathing another fireball at BlackGatomon, who looked up in time to see that she couldn't avoid it.

"Badda Boom!" cried a voice out of nowhere as a second fireball hit Agumon's stopping it in its tracks.

"Who's that?" asked Matt as they looked up into a tree sitting near the bridge.

"I don't know. I've never seen a digimon like him before," said Sora. The digimon jumped out of the tree.

"I'm not surprised you pathetic humans and your pet digimon haven't heard of me. I've only been here a few minutes. The name's Impmon," said Impmon as he lit a fireball over his finger. "And I'm here to play crash and burn! Badda Boom!" he cried as he tossed the fireball at Biyomon, knocking the bird digimon out of the sky.

"Biyomon!" cried Sora as she ran over and caught Biyomon.

"Super Shocker!" cried Tentomon, zapping Impmon with a blast of electricity.

"Lightning Paw!" cried BlackGatomon, knocking Tentomon to the ground.

"Tentomon!" cried Izzy as he ran towards his friend.

"Marching Fishes!" cried Gomamon, several more fish leaping out of the water at BlackGatmon, knocking her back.

"Pepper Breath!" cried Agumon, breathing a fireball at Impmon, knocking him to the ground.

"Blue Blaster!" cried Gabumon, blasting BlackGatomon with his blue dragon breath. She slumped to the ground on her knees, panting.

"I know when my time to leave comes. Seadramon can take it from here," said BlackGatmon as she teleported back to the Digital World.

"Just so you know, you humans will never stop us!" said Impmon as he also teleported back to the Digital World. Seadramon burst forth from the water, extremely angry at being attacked. Suddenly, his whole body glowed white as he grew longer. A jagged blade came out of his metal headplate, and his green skin became red. The new digimon looked down at the group of kids and Rookie digimon, letting out a loud roar.

"He digivolved to MegaSeadramon!" exclaimed Izzy.

Digimon Analyzer

"MegaSeadramon is an Ultimate Sea Dragon digimon who uses his Lightning Javelin attack to defeat his opponents."


"How did he digivolve?" asked Matt.

"Digimon can digivolve when they reach a certain stage of their life cycle. I guess Seadramon's time just happened," said Tentomon.

"This doesn't look good," said Joe.

"I think it's time we show him we aren't completely out of this fight yet. With BlackGatomon gone, you can digivolve again," said Tai, looking over at his digimon friend, who gave a nod.

"Agumon, digivolve to...Greymon!" cried Agumon as he changed into a giant T-Rex like dinosaur digimon with a horned shell on his head.

"Gabumon, digivolve to...Garurumon!" cried Gabumon as he changed into a giant white wolf with blue stripes.

"Biyomon, digivolve to...Birdramon!" cried Biyomon as she changed into a giant firebird.

"Tentomon, digivolve to...Kabuterimon!" cried Tentomon as he changed into a giant beetle like digimon.

"Gomamon, digivolve to...Ikakkumon!" cried Gomamon as he changed into a giant walrus like digimon. MgaSeadramon reared his head back as electricity crackled from his blade.

"Lightning Javelin!" cried MegaSeadramon, launching a blast of white electric energy at the five Champion digimon. Ikakkumon dove into the water, avoiding the attack, while Birdramon and Kabuterimon flew out of the way. Unfortunately, Greymon and Garurumon weren't as lucky as the electricity coarsed through their bodies as they cried out in pain.

"Harpoon Torpedo!" cried Ikakkumon, firing three missiles from his head. The three missiles slammed into MegaSeadramon's side, knocking the Ultimate digimon off balance and stopping his attack on Greymon and Garurumon.

"Meteor Wing!" cried Birdramon, flapping her fiery wings, sending three fireballs slamming into MegaSeadramon's head.

"Electro Shocker!" cried Kabuterimon, gathering blue electricity in his hands and then releasing it at MegaSeadramon. But MegaSeadramon flipped his tail up and blocked the attack, then brought it slamming down on top of Ikakkumon, driving him underwater.

"Nova Blast!" cried Greymon, breathing a giant ball of fire at MegaSeadramon.

"Howling Blaster!" cried Garurumon, firing a blast of blue sonic energy at MegaSeadramon. Both attacks hit MegaSeadramon in the chest. He closed his eyes in pain, but quickly recovered. He lunged forward towards Greymon, piercing him in the chest with the blade on top of his head. Greymon's eyes widened in pain. He then fell back to the ground, his eyes closed.

"No! Greymon!" cried Tai.

"That did it! Get him guys!" cried Garurumon, leaping onto MegaSeadramon, sinking his teeth into his leathery skin. Birdramon dove down and sunk her talons into MegaSeadramon's hide. Ikakkumon swam up and bit down on MegaSeadramon's tail. Kabuterimon flew down and dug his claws into MegaSeadramon's head just behind the metal plate. MegaSeadramon reared his head back, crying out in pain. The kids cheered on their digimon, but Tai wasn't paying attention to the fight. He had ran over to Greymon and was knelt down next to him. Greymon was wavering slightly as his body tried to keep itself from deleting.

"Greymon...please get up..." whispered Tai. He then looked down at the ground, tears forming in his eyes. Suddenly, his digivice glowed a bright orange color. Tai quickly pulled it off his belt as the digivice shot a beam of white light at Greymon, the light wrapping around his whole body. "What's going on?" asked Tai as Greymon's eyes shot open.

"Tai. You're caring has unlocked the power that I still possess from Azulongmon," said Greymon as he stood up. He looked over in time to see MegaSeadramon unleash another Lightning Javelin attack, knocking all of the other digimon off his body. Greymon's eyes narrowed as he started to run towards MegaSeadramon. He then leaped into the air, his form changing. "Greymon, digivolve to...MetalGreymon!" he cried as his head shell, chest, and left arm became metal. Six metallic wings sprouted from his back as he took off towards MegaSeadramon, who saw his approach.

"Lightning Javelin!" cried MegaSeadramon, shooting a blast of electricity at MetalGreymon. But MetalGreymon dove underneath it and slammed his metal head shell into MegaSeadramon's chest, knocking him back into the water.

"Yeah! Go get him MetalGreymon!" cried Tai as he ran over to the edge of the bridge. MetalGreymon flew up and waited for MegaSeadramon to surface. He didn't have to wait long as MegaSeadramon burst forth from the river, teeth ready to sink into MetalGreymon's flesh. But MetalGreymon flew out of the way just in time, causing MegaSeadramon to miss and fall back into the water. MetalGreymon aimed his body towards the river, his chest plate opening.

"Giga Blaster!" cried MetalGreymon, launching two missiles from his chest. MegaSeadramon broke the surface of the water just in time for the missiles to slam into his head, deleting him without so much as a cry. The pure energy that had been collected in MegaSeadramon's body flew out and returned to the children back on the beach, where only two of the nine enemy digimon remained.

****

"All right! Attack!" cried Davis and Takato together.

"Pyro Blaster!" cried Growlmon, breathing a blast of fire at the last Shellmon.

"Thunder Blast!" cried Raidramon, launching a blast of electric energy at Shellmon. Both attacks hit home, Shellmon crying out in pain as his form burst into digital data. Now all that remained was a single Tortomon. Seeing that he was now greatly outnumbered, he turned and tried to make a run for it. Unfortunately for him, Pegasusmon and Nefertimon had other plans.

"Golden Noose!" they both cried together, wrapping a golden rope of energy around Tortomon's legs, tripping the Champion digimon.

"Gargo Laser!" cried Gargomon, shooting several rounds of ammo from his arm guns, Tortomon crying out in pain as the attack penetrated his armor like hide.

"Gold Rush!" cried Digmon, launching his five drills at Tortomon. The drills slammed into the now tender area of Tortomon's armored shell, burrowing straight through the turtle digimon, his body deleting into digital particles.

"All right!" cried everyone as all the digimon except Gatomon changed back into their Rookie forms.

"Hey guys! Tai said that they got Seadramon," said Davis. The others ran over to him to read the E-mail. Here is what it said:

Davis,

We managed to defeat Seadramon. BlackGatomon was with him, but she got away. Some new digimon calling himself Impmon was helping her.

"What!?" cried Takato as he read the part about Impmon. "How did Impmon get here?"

"And why is he fighting against us?" asked Renamon.

"Who's this Impmon?" asked TK.

"A digimon from our world. He was a big trouble maker, but then he became good and helped us defeat the D-Reaper. But now it looks like he's back to his old ways," said Henry.

"Well that's just great. Now we've got to watch out for Impmon as well," said Terriermon.

"I thought Impmon had changed. But I guess he fights for which side he sees opprotunity knocking to him," said Takato.

"I hate it when Impmon does things like this. I thought he was our friend," said Guilmon.

"So did we Guilmon," said Takato.

END OF CHAPTER 3
Sign up to rate and review this story