Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

This Is A Great Thing - FEB 10

by AlexSanDee 0 reviews

Monica tells Gerard about Liv's visit.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-02-10 - Updated: 2008-02-10 - 1766 words

0Unrated
“Monica what’s wrong?’ Gerard had tried to find an out of the way place to call. Monica had sent him a text saying it was urgent he call home. “Is Kell okay?”
“Liv came to see me.”
Several people walked by. One told him the photographer was ready. He nodded. “Hun, I’m really busy right now. Is something wrong with Elle?”
“No.” Monica felt bad she hadn’t waited for him to call. “I’m sorry. Just call me when you can, okay?”
He saw Ray waving to him. “Be right there.” He yelled. “Monica, what did she want?”
“She wants me to be Elle’s legal guardian.”
Gerard wondered if he’d heard her correctly. “What? I don’t understand.”
“I don’t either. She wants me to be her legal guardian and she wants Elle to move in with us.”
Gerard leaned against the wall trying to think. “Why?”
This time Bob walked over to Gerard and told him they really needed him. They were on a strict time schedule.
“Shit, I’ve gotta go. I’ll call you as soon as I get a couple of free minutes.”
“Love you.” Monica said quickly.
“Love you too.” He disconnected wondering what the hell Liv was up to this time.

“Wonder what Liv wanted to talk to Monica about this morning.” Alicia said looking away from the TV.
Jamia shrugged, “Don’t know. Why don’t you call Monica and find out?”
“Cause that would make it seem like I was a busy body.”
“But you are.” Jamia reminded her.
“No, I’m not. I just worry about Monica. What she’s been going through because of Liv.” She stood and stretched. “I just hope Liv isn’t trying to start any shit with her.”
“Me too. Especially now that Gerard is gone.”
“Maybe I’ll stop by her house and see her.”
Jamia laughed, “Tell her you were just in the neighborhood?”
“No, actually I was thinking of going over to visit Kelly. Maybe take her a get well gift.”
“That’s nice. Tell her I’m thinking of her too.” She yawned, “Think I’ll take a nap.”
Alicia slipped her feet in her shoes, “I’ll be back in a couple of hours. I gotta check on the cats too. Any special requests for dinner?”
Jamia yawned again, “As long as I don’t have to cook, I don’t care.”
“Call me if you need anything.”
A sharp kick caused Jamia to flinch.
“Sure you’re all right?” Alicia asked looking at her closely.
“I’m fine. Just getting beat up from the inside. Give Kelly a kiss for me.”

Alicia had gone over in her head just how she was going to ask Monica about Liv’s visit. She didn’t want Monica to get angry because she was asking but she really wanted to know what was going on. She was determined to make sure nothing messed up Gerard and Monica’s relationship. She rang the doorbell and waited.
“Alicia, good to see you.” Monica smiled, “Come on in.”
“Hope you don’t mind I stopped by. Jamia and I were worried about Kelly and I wanted to bring her this.” She held up a large box of chocolate candy.
Monica laughed, “She’s gonna be very happy to see you. Actually I’m glad you’re here. I was just on my way to the hospital to see Luke.”
“He’s still in the hospital?”
“Yeah, they won’t release him because he’s still running a fever. I think they’re worried about infection. His dad works so he’s alone.”
“Poor kid.” Alicia said.
“Alicia is that you?” Kelly yelled from upstairs.
Monica laughed, “Kelly you have a visitor.” She yelled back. “Can you stay with her for a while? I won’t be gone long and Kara will be home from school in about an hour.”
“Sure” Alicia answered seeing her plan to talk to Monica about Liv disappearing. She started for the steps. “Uh, how was Liv?”
Monica gave her a strange look that confused Alicia. “She’s fine. Gotta go. Thanks for coming.” She gave Alicia a quick hug and rushed out the door. Alicia watched her wondering what was going on.

Gerard got back to the hotel room and called Monica immediately. “Sorry I didn’t call back sooner. I haven’t had one minute of fucking free time today.”
“It’s okay. I’m sorry I bothered you earlier.” Monica said. She had just left the hospital after spending a couple of hours with Luke.
“Honey, you never bother me. Okay first off how is Kell?”
“She’s fine. Alicia came over and stayed with her while I visited Luke.”
“How’s he?” Gerard fell on the bed.
“His fever is down and if it doesn’t come back they are going to release him in the morning. I’ve made arrangements with the hospital to pay his bills.”
“Did you talk to his dad about that?’
Monica reached her car and slid inside. “Nope.”
“You know he’ll probably be pissed.” Gerard warned her.
“I don’t care. Luke saved Kelly’s life. His dad is just gonna have to deal with the fact that we want to do this for them.”
He laughed softly, “Being a feisty woman again, aren’t you?”
“Yeah, I am. I really like Luke. He’s a good kid. He told me about his mom leaving. I can’t understand a woman leaving her child.”
“Okay, so tell me what Liv said.”
Monica sighed, “First she asked me if I thought you loved Elle.”
He interrupted angrily, “That’s a fucking stupid question.”
“I told her of course you do. Then she wanted to know if I love Elle and I told her I do.” She paused a moment recalling the conversation. “She told me I’m too nice for my own good.”
“What? I don’t understand.”
“First she thanked me for taking her backstage at the concert then she told me I’m too nice for my own good.”
Gerard reached for his cigarettes, “I’m confused. Was she complementing you?”
“Hell if I know.” Monica admitted. “Anyway I told her I had taken her backstage cause I trusted how much you love me.”
He smiled, “I do love you. More then you’ll ever know.”
“She said she knows you love me.” She frowned, “But I said that you loved her first and that she had broken your heart when she left like she did.”
“Monica.” His tone was one of disbelief.
She wouldn’t let him speak, “Look I told her that it still haunted you because you don’t understand why she left like she did.”
“Shit, what did she say?” He lit the cigarette and sat back against the headboard.
“She said that she had left because she didn’t love you anymore.” Monica said softly.
“Oh” Gerard said closing his eyes.
“She was lying. I could tell it. Then all of a sudden she launched into a tirade about how she really is a bitch and a whore and that she was tired of pretending not to be. When she said she’d been to see a lawyer my first thought was she was going to sue you for child support.”
Gerard’s mind was racing, “But it wasn’t for money?”
“No, she told me the papers have been drawn up. She wants me to go Monday morning and sign them. They will make me Elle’s legal guardian.”
“I still don’t understand. I’m her father. Why does she want you to be her legal guardian?’
“Because your name isn’t on the birth certificate. She told me she met someone from her past and she want to leave town with him for a while. Since I will be Elle’s legal guardian if anything would happen while she’s gone I will be able to handle it.”
“She’s leaving town?” Monica heard to shock in his voice.
“Yeah, she said this man offered to take her to California.”
Gerard was silent. Monica wondered what was going on in his mind. She finally asked. “Gee? Tell me what you’re thinking.”
“Fuck, this is a lot to take in at one time.” He took a drag off his cigarette and tried to think clearly. “Are you willing to be Elle’s legal guardian?”
Monica answered without hesitation, “Of course. You know how much I love Elle.”
“Well then this is good, right? She leaves town and we get Elle. When I get back we can talk to a lawyer about getting custody full time.”
Monica heard the hurt in his voice, “Gee, I don’t want to take Elle from Liv.”
“Take her?” he asked angrily, “Shit, Liv is leaving her to run off to fucking California with some guy. Tell me you don’t think you’d be a better mother to Elle.”
“But I’m not her mother.” Monica whispered.
“You will be.” Gerard said snuffing out his cigarette. “Everyone was right. Liv hasn’t changed. I was stupid to think her love for Elle had made her a better person. She’s never gonna change.”
“Look I don’t know what’s going on in her head. All I know is I’ll be happy to sign the papers on Monday but I had to make sure it was okay with you too.”
He was surprised she’d even ask. “Of course it’s okay. We’re getting married. Gerard said. “And Elle will be living with us.”
Monica laughed, “Well me anyway. You’re gone for more than a month. Liv might come back before then.”
The hatred in Gerard’s voice shocked Monica. “Fuck her. I’m gonna talk to our lawyer about this whole thing. Once we get Elle I don’t want Liv to ever get her back.”
Monica stared to disagree.
“Monica, I mean this. Please don’t fight me. This is a great thing. Liv will be our of our lives and we’ll have Elle.”
Monica wanted to believe with all her heart that this was all for the best. However just because Liv was leaving didn’t mean that she wouldn’t still be in Gerard’s thoughts. And how bad could this all turn if Liv suddenly came back and wanted Elle again? She sighed, “I’ll sign the papers on Monday.” She said praying this would work out.
Sign up to rate and review this story