Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Escaping Darkness

Witness with Jailhouse Woes.

by brokenhalo 2 reviews

Witness with Jailhouse Woes.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-02-10 - Updated: 2008-02-11 - 1470 words - Complete

0Unrated
1.
Witness with Jailhouse Woes.
Mary’s POV
Resting my forehead against the iciness of the metal bars, I closed my eyes trying to keep my breathing calm while my stomach churned at the scent of the jailhouse and witnessing the murder of a stranger.
“This is stupid.”
Glancing over my shoulder, my opening eyes focused on my cell mate and best friend Sarah, she was stretching her body out across the concrete bench while her amber eyes danced with the flickering neon light above her.
“How are we going to get out of here?” I murmured, balancing my back against the bars, fingers trembling slightly as my gaze lowered, noticing blood was beginning to drain down from the cut in my forearm that was tactfully covered by my hoodie sleeve. “We’ve got no one to call.” I added quickly raising my arm.
“I gave Gerard my number.”
“Gerard Way?” I gulped.
“What other Gerard is there?” She grinned as I silently wished Sarah's flirting, stalking and untimely licking incident hadn’t happened.
The events before that meeting had been memorable enough.
“You didn’t see the smile in Gerard’s eyes when I licked his face!” Sarah giggled casting her vision towards me. “and don’t think I didn’t see you and Frank glancing each other in the dressing room.”
My cheeks heated up as I avoided her gaze, focusing on a blank spot on the wall. “It wasn’t what it looked like...”
“He looked like he wanted to fuck you.” Sarah playfully smirked dragging her body up into sitting position, her brown hair falling around her shoulders as I gently rubbed my stomach.
“Is there anyone else we could call?” I asked diverting the subject from Frank Iero, and his dead looking hazel eyes.
Sarah shrugged patting the seat beside her. “I guess we just have to wait.”
“I hate waiting.” I whined walking towards her, silently praying someone would come and rescue me.

Sarah’s POV
“Evans! Rhodes!”
Glancing at Mary who was sitting beside me, her smudged black eyelids fluttered opened after only half an hour of being closed as a female guard stood on the other side of the bars. She revealed a chain full of keys, silently unlocking the cell door waving us forward with her large hands.
“What’s going on?” I questioned, seriously considering that this guard hadn’t been a woman her entire life.
“Your bail has been paid.”
“By who?” Mary asked.
The guard didn’t answer leading us pass other vacant and accommodated cells out into the entrance where we discovered Gerard Way, waiting patiently with his arms folded across his chest.
“Ohmygod.” I whispered unwittingly walking towards Gerard with a small smile.
“I didn’t like the thought of you girls being in here.” He admitted letting his arms drop to the sides of his burly body, hazel eyes boring into mine. “Are you okay?”
I nodded pausing before him, hands itching to cup his pale face and kiss him once again. “We’re tougher than you think.”
“We’ll pay you back.” Mary promised interrupting my moment with Gerard, her hands digging through her Bruce Lee shoulder bag, obviously making sure nothing had been stolen.
“Don’t worry about it.” Gerard smiled, carefully brushing his black bangs from his gaze. “Have you got somewhere to stay tonight?”
“The rental car.”
I shot Mary a dirty look, her toffee brown eyes quickly dropping to her cell phone as she closed her mouth.
As if I wanted to sleep in that tiny piece of shit, it was bad enough that the two if us had been traveling in it for the last week and a half, following the latest My Chemical Romance tour.
“Well, your both more than welcome to come back to the hotel with me...”
“Of course we will!” I agreed eagerly.
“Great.” Gerard sighed, glancing at Mary. “Let’s go then.” He added walking us towards the main doors.
I reached for Mary's elbow guiding her along behind Gerard.
“I want you to be nice.” I hissed warningly knowing Mary's tendency to shoot her mouth off without thinking and turn people against her in the process.
“I can be nice, I just don’t trust them.”
“It’s our favourite band, we’ve dreamed about this moment for ages.” I murmured as we skipped down the concrete steps, the night air dancing around us before Mary tugged at my shirt.
We paused on the last step, watching Gerard stop beside his band mate and friend Frank Iero.
Frank was sitting silently on the bus stop bench, smoking a cigarette, hazel eyes studying the two of us carefully.
“How was jail?” He asked through a mouthful of smoke.
“Honestly it sucked.” I replied.
“Well you’re safe now.” Gerard murmured as Frank flicked his cigarette into the distance, slowly drawing himself to his full height as he stood, eyeing Mary as if she was the only person present.
“How are you Mary?” Frank asked, causing Mary's head to shoot up from staring at the ground.
“I’m fine.”
I raised an eyebrow at Gerard who avoided my gaze, before clearing his throat and the sudden awkward moment.
“The girls are coming back with us.”
“Sounds good.” Frank agreed as Gerard reach for my hand.
As Gerard led me along the pavement towards the venue near by, I glanced over my shoulder watching Frank advance closer towards Mary, roughly grabbing her arm. My pace slowed, grip of Gerard's hand loosening as my gut told me something was wrong.
“Come on.” Gerard urged dragging me along behind him.

Frank’s POV
Seizing Mary's forearm before she could attempt to follow Gerard and Sarah, I squeezed making her whimper in pain, biting down hard on her bottom lip so no one else would hear.
I hadn’t wished to hurt her, but I had no choice when she stumbled across into my real life. And the bands real life.
“You kept your promise.”
“No sense in breaking tradition.” She whispered, obviously trying to ignore the tears forming at the corners of her brown eyes.
“I’ll bandage it up for you when we reach the hotel...”
“No.” Mary stated sliding her arm from my loosening grip. “I can handle it.”
“You weren’t meant to see what you did.” I declared feeling my gun holster bang lightly against my ribs as I stepped closer towards Mary. “I barely see what I do, it’s easier to block it out.” I added quietly.
“You slit a mans throat!” She cried backing further away from me, holding her hands up for me to keep my distance. “What the fuck is wrong with you?! How can you do that to someone?!”
“Calm down before you make a scene!” Eyeing Mary's blood stain hands as she waved them furiously around. Obviously I cut deeper than I thought.
“You're a bastard, a cold heartless bastard.” Mary murmured quickly storming off.

“They can’t leave now, they involved.”
“Correction Toro, only Mary saw what happened.” I stated laying back on my bed, staring up at the ceiling as the rest of the band argued about the girls.
After returning to the venue with them in tow, the other three were less than impress by Gerard's sudden burst of kindness.
It was hard enough keeping our life secret without getting romantically involved with someone. Something each of us had discovered the hard way and hadn’t dreamt of repeating.
“We can't just take Mary and leave Sarah.” Gerard muttered flicking his lighter to meet the cigarette hanging between his lips. “They're best friends, neither would leave the other.”
“Then we kill them both.” Ray pulled out his gun checking to see if it was loaded. “We don’t leave people alive, it’s not how this works!”
“They don’t understand...” Gerard murmured, smoke parting his lips.
“I WON'T LOSE EVERYTHING JUST SO YOU CAN FUCK SOME GIRL!” Mikey roared silencing everyone.
Behind his glasses, deep anger brewed in his brown eyes and I couldn’t control the anxious shiver that ran down my spine. I didn’t like seeing people getting hurt, especially when it came to the girls, I had hurt Mary enough as it was.
“Let's go downstairs to the bar.” Bob announced reaching for Mikey's elbow, easily controlling his slender figure out the hotel door, Ray dawdling behind them still muttering it would be easier to kill them.
“Y'know he’s right Gee, no piece of ass is worth this much trouble.”
“Shut up Frank!” Gerard’s gaze narrowed threatening at me. “Sarah isn’t some whore, she’s fucking human, something we no longer remember being.”
I rolled my eyes at his over dramatic reply. “I'm going for a walk.”
Sign up to rate and review this story