Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give 'Em Hell Kid

21 / Been Holding On Forever

by frankxgerard 0 reviews

“But why’d you do it? Why didn’t you just ignore fate and live normally?”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Horror,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-02-14 - Updated: 2008-02-15 - 834 words

0Unrated
(Title from “It’s Not A Fashion Statement, It’s A Deathwish” – My Chemical Romance)

“That’s right, you fucking shitbag--”

CRACK

“Fucking end of the world, you are. It’s all your fault--”

CRACK

“Ha-ha! My brother hates you. Hates your drunken ass guts, the lot of you. You fucking fuck--”

CRACK

“You like that? You like the pain, bat boy? Fuck you.”

A pause.

“You know what? I’m staying here until you give me what I want. On your fucking knees, Frankie, and suck it. Suck me the fuck off like the fucking freak you are, given that it’s what you love to do so much. Created to suck, born to kill, whatever…. Fucker. Heh…”


Frank traced Gerard’s jaw with his finger and held onto his shoulder, comfortable in the space between Gerard’s arm and side. He waited a minute before lightly shaking the older man and whispering in his ear.

“Hm… mm, what?” Gerard muttered, sitting up.

“I think I blew Riley.”

“When?”

“Bryar’s. He kicked me in the mouth and called me ‘bat boy’ and told me to blow him,” Frank said. “I think he was drunk too… It was weird…”

Gerard nodded. “I’ve known that about Riley.”

Frank pressed closer into Gerard’s chest with his nose. Gerard looked at him. “Go to sleep. I’ll stay up.”

Frank clenched his hands into the front of Gerard’s shirt loosely and dozed off, pressed against Gerard’s warmth.

“Why haven’t we died yet?” Gerard mumbled, petting Frank’s hair.

“Because I’ve been watching you.” Adam stepped into the dim light emitting from the fire they’d built. They were on the broken in roof of a building, the walls half as tall as they would be, and no covering if it were to rain.

“Adam?” Gerard said.

“Yeah.” He sat down, glancing at Alexis, who was sleeping on the other side of the fire a few feet from Gerard. “I’ve been dead for hundreds of years. Maybe even thousands. I just woke up one day and sort of lived. Have you ever read in the bible, about Lazarus? Well, anyways… I’ve just been around.”

He looked over at Ryan, who was standing on the other side of the roof where the wall was completely gone. He was staring down to the street fifty feet below.

“Ryan, you know. He was dying. I don’t know if he remembers… but I took him from his home when he was younger, maybe twelve. He had… tuberculosis. I turned him and he grew up. He never really was part of the Ross pack, but we made him think that, because… Well, I’m not sure why. And… and the graveyard; your shithole of a house. Frank would have never stayed with you if it weren’t for me. He would have run, and, you would never find him again no matter how hard you tried even if he was right in front of you, because I wouldn’t have let you… I just… If I /hadn’t/, everyone would’ve been killed long before this.”

Gerard eyed him curiously. “So this is your fault? Who’s side are you on?”

Adam looked pained. “I don’t know. I guess… I guess this is how it should be. I mean, maybe this is it. Maybe this is the 2012 they were all talking about. I mean, it’s sort of late, but this could be the genuine end of the world. No one promised it would last forever.”

Gerard sat back and looked at the sky. After a moment, he spoke again. “But why’d you do it? Why didn’t you just ignore fate and live normally?”

“Cause I want the same thing as you, Gerard. You know it’s not Frank you want to live. If you could do anything about it, you would want to be with the one you love forever. You want to make the world exactly how they want and keep it there. And that person happens to be Frank. But he doesn’t want that, Gerard. He doesn’t want to be alone without you. He’d be trapped and scared.”

Gerard touched the back of Frank’s neck gently. “Yeah…”

“Do what you want, but it won’t turn out how you want it to. No matter what you do, you won’t get your way,” Adam said.

Gerard didn’t look up, even as Adam faded into the black and Ryan stepped back from the ledge, returned to his place next to the fire and wrapping himself back into the thin blankets they’d found. Gerard stared at Frank’s sleeping form and wondered if he was really doing the right thing. Because that’s what it came down to when you only have days to live. Days to years. It didn’t matter.

Time was ticking away too fast for him to hang on.
Sign up to rate and review this story