Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The girl all the bad guys want

Starbucks, Ray and Iron Maiden

by alice93 3 reviews

We finally meet another band member.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-02-15 - Updated: 2008-02-15 - 769 words - Complete

0Unrated
I woke up, my head banging through lack of sleep. I could feel something heavy on my chest and a feeling like I was struggling to breathe. I looked down to see my little brother snuggled up next to me, his face on my chest, his lips curling into a slight smile. This couldn’t help but make me feel happy. It felt good to see him finally happy and smiling. I thought back to the talk we had last night. It was so nice for me to be able to share everything with him. I talked about Alexis and how much I thought I loved her and I also talked about my fear of death and the thought that I might, eventually die alone with no-one I loved there next to me, to support me. He told me he’d definitely be there because I was older than him and, besides, I smoked and he didn’t so I was bound to go before him. I’m not sure if that made me happy or sad.
My mum came into the room with a big breakfast tray in her hands. I looked in it and saw pastries and orange juice and coffee. My favourite breakfast. A French breakfast. I smiled at her.
“Look Gerard” she said with the tone of voice she usually used when trying to persuade me to do something I don’t really like doing, “I was thinking…” she carried on, bringing the tray over and placing it on Mikeys bed side table “Well, maybe, have you and Mikey ever thought about getting jobs it’s just…” I could tell she was trying to tread carefully. “I think it may be best for you two to have to work for something, it might make you feel like your life is worth something. You know what I mean?”
“Yeh ma sure” I said lifting Mikeys head off my chest and sitting up. “Whatever you want.”
“Oh seriously?” she sounded delighted “That’s brilliant.” she said closing the door behind her.
Mikey started to stir. “Hey little bro.” I said, waking him up a bit more.
“Hey, what’s going on?” Mikey asked, rubbing his eyes.
“Not much, mum wants us to get jobs” I told him.
“Good, sounds good.” he said before falling asleep again.

“I don’t understand what we’re doing here Gee, no decent stores gunna take us. We look like the living fucking dead and besides, I’m thirsty. Can’t we go get some drinks?”
“Oh fine Mikey, if it’ll stop you complaining about shit but I told you, mum wants us to get jobs as soon as possible.” I turned round a street corner and joined the end of the long queue outside star bucks. “I fucking hate this stupid fucking coffee chain” I said kicking the wall impatiently, making the clerk give me funny looks “It’s a shame it’s the only place round here with decent coffee.”
Just as I thought things couldn’t get any worse a guy came running round the corner, almost knocking me over.

“HEY, WATCH IT JERK!!!!” I yelled really loudly. The guy turned round and looked at me with an embarrassed face. “Oh, hey Ray” I recognised the guy as this geek from my school.
“Sorry Gerard.” he said, picking up an Iron Maiden CD off the floor and turning to leave.
“Wait!” he stopped in his tracks and turned round again, staring at me, a worried look on his face. “You like Iron Maiden?” I asked him, astonished.
“Yeah” he said, the look of worry being replaced with a look of relief. “Do you like them?” he asked, his shyness beginning to disappear.
“Like them” I smiled “I fucking love them. Hey um… Ray. You should come round to my house sometime, I could show you some other bands you might like. Do you play any instruments?”
His face lit up. “Yeh, I play guitar. What about you?”
“Yeh. Same.” I said. “But pretty badly.”
“Yeh, you should deffo come by my house this afternoon. Here, I’ll give you the address!” I gave him my address and phone number and told him to call whenever he wanted to come over. He said he would and marched off, a smile on his face.
“Who knew that nerd had such good taste in music” I said to Mikey. He just rolled his eyes at me, stupid fucking moody teenager.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
More Alexis next chapter, don’t worry. And more Ray. Yay, I finally added in another member of MCR! Please Review!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story