Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day My Life Changed Completly

Promise?

by xXi_luv_gerardXx 1 review

Gerard talks to Rachel about depression.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-02-16 - Updated: 2008-02-17 - 582 words

0Unrated
Gerard gather some blankets and a pillow, and walked over to Rachel. "Here," he said. "You can't sleep without these."
"Thanks," she said, reaching down and taking the blankets. Gerard tossed the pillow up on hr bunk.
"I'm sorry that yours doesn't have a curtain," he said. Looking around, Rachel saw that each person's bunk had a curtain in front of it for privacy.
"That's ok," she said. "I didn't even notice." Rachel looked around and then turned back to Gerard. "Thanks for letting me stay here. It must be a lot of trouble."
Gerard opened his mouth to protest, but Rachel cut him off.
"Don't lie," she said. "I know it's causing you guys trouble. You have a show tomorrow night in LA, and you have to drag me with you. The police aren't gonna contact you until a couple of days, and during that time you need to feed me, provide me with clothes, and deal with a teenage girl being here. So by just saying I'm not any trouble is a lie and you know it."
Gerard sighed. "Your right," he said. "It is a little bit of trouble." He climbed into her bunk and sat down so he could face her. "But really," Gerard said. "We don't mind. We're happy to help, honestly."
Rachel looked down and sighed. "Yeah right," she muttered. "No one ever wanted to be around me. My own family abandoned me. So why would you guys, who don't even know me, be happy about my staying here?" She looked back up, and Gerard saw that she was silently crying again.
A new wave of sadness overcame him. "Come here," he said. Rachel moved into his outstretched arms, sobbing. Gerard held her tight as she cried on his shoulder.
"No one ever loved me except for my mom," Rachel said. "And now she's gone. She's always been there for me, and now theres no one. There's been so many times that I've thought of suicide, but I'd always back out by thinking how upset my mom would be. Now there's no one left to live for, so what's the point of living? My father doesn't give a damn about me or my mom, he left us as soon as I was born. And no one else cares either. They'll be happy if I die. My life is full of lying scums that don't care. I don't want to live like this anymore."
Gerard could instantly relate. He knew exactly how she felt, because he had felt like that for more than half of his life. Gerard rubbed her shoulder and replied, "I know... I know."
"No you don't," Rachel said accusingly. "Your lying to me, just like everyone else."
Gerard sighed. "I'm not," he said calmly. "When I was about your age, I turned my back on everyone. No one cared about me either. I didn't even know why I continued living. But I don't want you to feel like that anymore. Cause believe me, I know. It's fuckin horrible."
Rachel remained silent. Her eyes were closed, tears still falling from them. "You still feel like that," she said. "I can tell."
Gerard seemed startled. After a few seconds he said, "Your right. So lets help each other get through this, alright?"
Rachel nodded. "I'll help you. But please help me too. I can't live like this anymore."
Gerard brushed her hair out of her eyes. "I will."
"Promise?" Rachel mumbled, sleepily.
"Promise." Gerard said.
Sign up to rate and review this story