Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Clandestine Industries Presents: disasteRomance

overprotective

by killxsmile 10 reviews

;D

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-17 - Updated: 2008-02-17 - 1349 words

1Exciting
Author's Note: Ridiculous amounts of homework aren't stopping me from updating. Hope you guys like this one.

But before you start reading, I'd like to say a few things to a few people:

glindapsawyer - Witty boys are my favorites, too. =D
lil_chica007 - I agree. Patrick's 15 seconds on Law & Order > all of Pete's ating endeavors.
pyrotechnist - Wii tennis! Too fun!
TangerineSky - Glad you like the split chapters. For once, indecisiveness is working for me.
xStabxMyxBackx - Goodnight Moon is a 13-minute film that Pete did. REALLY crappy acting. The only things his character managed to do was sound really awkward and have sex with a girl who was on Hell's Kitchen. You could probably find a link for it on youtube.
SugarPlumFaerie - I know. But according to Buzznet, Wentz and Joel Madden are competing for a role in Diablo Cody's (she wrote Juno) new film. x__X
medicatedlives - I actually didn't take the last picture. A FOBR boardie who was in the balcony took the picture and posted it on the boards. I just happened to be in the picture.
kittkattbar - "Savvy." I'm gonna have to use that word more often.
x_slowdown - Aww, thanks for reviewing!


Now onto the story...

32: o v e r p r o t e c t i v e

-----
Pete’s POV

“Bye babe,” Sophie said kissing my cheek. “I’ll be back in a few hours.”
“Bye.”

With that she walked out of the hotel room for a girls day out with Vicky. A few seconds later there was a knock at the door.

“Did you forget--” I said opening the door, but stopped mid-sentence when I was met with a tall Uruguayan and three other males.

“Hey guys,” I said, surprised by the sudden visit from the Cobras. “What’s up?”
“Oh, nothing really…” Gabe said, taking a seat on the bed. Nate, Ryland and Alex followed, sitting down next to him. “Just came over to discuss some things.”
“Okay…”

I couldn’t help but feel like I was being put on trial as the four pairs of eyes stared me down.

Thankfully, another knock at the door broke the awkward silence. This time around, I looked through the peephole before opening it.

I sighed in relief, seeing that it was just Patrick, Andy, Dirty and Joe. After I opened the door, they made a beeline for the couch. It seemed like the eight of them were trying to enclose me in some kind of semi-circle of doom.

“So, it’s come to our attention that you and Sophie are together,” Alex said, breaking the silence.
“This is what you came over to talk about?” I asked, confused.
“Pretty much,” Nate said.
“It’s not that we don’t trust you, Wentz,” Gabe said. “It’s just that when Andy and Soap had their falling out, we had to pick up the pieces. And in those three weeks, we became a bit protective of her.”

“Don’t mess up with her like I did,” Andy added. “If you break her heart, drums won’t be the only things I pound on.”

I gulped. Though Andy’s one of the nicest guys I know, he wasn’t the type of person you wanted to anger.

“It’d be way easier to find a new bassist/lyricist than a female who puts up with our shit on tour,” Dirty said.
“And takes care of us when we’re sick,” Joe added.
“And cooks,” Patrick said.

“Bottom line is: if you hurt her, we’ll hurt you much worse,” Gabe said, with a completely serious face. Hemmy hopped onto his lap and barked in agreement.
“Okay, I get it,” I said, putting my hands up in defense. “Hurt Soap and I’m a dead man.”
“Good. You understand,” he said.

I cringed as another person knocked on the door.

With my luck, Sophie’s dad and two older brothers are on the other side…

Reluctantly, I turned around and made the agonizing walk back to the door. Through the peephole I could see Panic standing in the hall.

“Are you guys here to threaten me, too?” I asked, opening the door.
“No…” Jon said, with a puzzled look on his face. “But Brendon busted our Wii, so we were wondering if we could play Rayman here.”

I breathed a sigh of relief and let them in.

“Oh yeah, heard that you and Sophie are together. Congrats,” Ryan said, putting the disk into the console.
“But if you make her cry, we’ll shoot out your kneecaps,” Brendon added, patting my shoulder.

Yep, I’m definitely feeling the love…

-----
Soap’s POV

“What do you think the guys are up to?” I asked, after taking a sip of my mango-guava smoothie.
“Eating gross food, not bathing, running around in their underwear. You know, the usual,” she replied. “…Oh, and they’re probably giving Pete the speech.”

I lifted my eyebrow. “Speech?”
“Yeah, the whole overprotective, if-you-hurt-her-I’ll-make-you wish-you-weren’t-born speech.”
“You’re kidding, right?”
“Nope,” she said, shaking her head. “They did the same to Jon when we got together. He didn’t go into detail, but Gabe apparently has a really scary side.”
“Wow…”

The closest I’d come to seeing Gabe angry was when someone washed his favorite purple hoody and shrank it. He was grumpy for a few hours then got Charlie to help stretch it out again.

“Don’t worry about it, though,” she said, reassuringly. “They’re probably playing video games right about now.”
“Haha. You’re right.”

We finished up our drinks then ran off to Charlotte Russe.

“Last one to the dressing room is a rotten egg!”

-----
Two hours and 8 shopping bags later, Vicky and I loaded into Aaron’s car and headed back to the hotel.

After returning the car keys to their rightful owner, we stopped by Vicky’s room to drop off her stuff, then went to my room.

“Sounds like they started the party without us,” she commented, listening to the commotion on the other side of the wall.
“Typical boys.”

I swiped my keycard and opened the door to find Fall Out Boy, Panic and Cobra sitting around in front of the TV.

“Honey, I’m home!” I said, setting my bags down.
“SOPHIE! You’re back!” Pete said, running over and engulfing me in a hug.

“Guys, I think it’s about time to head out. The lovebirds need their alone time,” Vicky said. Pete mouthed a quick ‘thank you’ her way, still holding me close to his chest.

A chorus of “goodbye”s and “goodnight”s filled the air as everyone started filing out.

“Remember what we talked about, Pete,” Gabe said, squeezing his shoulder.
“Yeah, sure thing.”

He flashed a smile, then wrapped me in a bear hug.

“Night, Sophie.”
“Night, Gabe.”

After kissing my forehead, the boy with a purple hoodie disappeared into the hallway along with the others.

“Thanks again, Vic,” Pete said as she leaned against the doorframe.
“No problem. Good night, you two.”
“Good night,” Pete and I said in unison. With that she offered us a smile then went off to catch up with everyone else.

Pete flopped onto the bed while I closed the door.

“So Vicky told me that the Cobras had a little speech for you today.”
“Mhmmm,” he said. “So did Dirty, Brendon and the other ¾ of Fall Out Boy.”
“That bad, huh?” I asked, lying down next to him.
“Yeah,” he said, tucking my bangs behind my ear. “Apparently everyone on tour thinks of you as a baby sister.”
“Well that doesn’t sound so horrible.”
“Brendon threatened to shoot out my kneecaps if I made you cry.”
“Ouch.”
“My thoughts exactly.”
“Well if anyone hurts you, I’ll gouge out their eyes and shoot out their kneecaps,” I said, cuddling closer to him.
“Promise?”
“Promise.”

-----

I love feedback like McCoy loves Beckett. RATE. REVIEW and or AIM me @ Disast3rous. It'll make my day, and then some.
Sign up to rate and review this story