Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > . . . Fly like an Angel. . .

Through the looking glass. . .

by Meg2005 1 review

Brendon's guardian angel.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-02-18 - Updated: 2008-02-19 - 1303 words - Complete

0Unrated

‘Are you going to follow me everywhere?’ Brendon asked as the girl sat in his computer chair in his room at his parents’ house.

‘I guess so.’

‘Great so you’re going to rehab too?’

‘Looks like it.’ She said picking her nails.

‘How come no one else can see you?’ he asked.

‘Because no one needs my help as much as you do.’ She smiled.

‘I don’t need your help. I’m perfectly capable of doing this on my own.’

‘It’ll be easier with help.’ She said.

‘Why you? If I need as much help as the big guy thinks I do why did he send me you?’

‘Because we have something in common.’

‘I don’t think we have anything in common.’

‘We were both in alcohol related car accidents. You were just a little luckier than I was.’

‘Brendon, honey, who are you talking to?’ Mrs. Urie asked coming into Brendon’s room.

‘Oh I was on the phone.’ Brendon covered.

‘Alright well quiet down honey, Kara has school in the morning.’

‘Sorry ma.’ Brendon said.

‘Goodnight sweetie.’ His mother said kissing the side of his head before shutting the door back.

‘Am I going crazy?’ Brendon asked as he sat down on his bed directly in front of her.

‘No, I’m really here. You’re not imaging it. I promise.’

‘So how do you know all of this stuff about me?’

‘Well I’ve been here for six weeks you know. I’ve seen all of your friends, your band mates, your brothers, that horribly weird ex girlfriend of yours, you know the one with the pink and purple hair.’

‘Oh.’ Brendon mumbled.

‘Yeah, pretty awkward to sit in that room while everyone else came to visit. I got hit with that door more times than I can count. Really.’

‘So you know everything about me. I don’t know anything about you.’

‘What do you want to know?’

‘Why you are here. What’s your name? How old you are. Where you’re from.’

‘My name is Grace Brady, I’m 20. I’m from Boston.’

‘Wait wait wait are you Tom Brady’s little sister?’

‘Yeah.’ She smiled.

‘You were killed the same night as my accident.’

‘I was.’ She said as her eyes sparkled with tears.

‘So you’ve seen all the news stories about your brother?’

‘Yeah and I’ve seen him.’ She said softly.

‘It seems like he really loved you.’

‘He was my best friend. He was the person that I could count on no matter what. I loved him so much. It hurt more than anything to see him so sad for so long.’ She said as tears fell down her beautiful cheeks.

‘You get to watch over him now though.’

‘It’s not the same. I’ll never be able to talk to him again or laugh with him or play football with him again.’ She said with a soft smile as she remembered all the tackles and the passes, the catches and the touch downs.

‘I’m sorry.’

‘We’re not here to talk about me; we’re here to talk about you.’ She said changing the subject, ‘You should get some sleep you have a long day tomorrow.’

‘How do you know?’

‘I know everything now go to sleep.’ She said shutting off the lights.

‘What are you going to do?’ he asked.

‘I’m going to visit someone.’ She said as she sat on the bed next to Brendon watching him fall into the first actual night’s sleep he’s had since the accident. As he drifted off the sleep Grace found herself in a house she missed so much: It was Tom’s. She walked through the dark house looking around. The house looked a lot different, a lot darker then it used to look. The pictures were gone, but nothing had moved since she….left.

As she walked up the stairs she saw Tom’s door open and heard soft music playing from the inside. She slowly walked into the room to find him sitting at his computer holding a picture. A picture of Grace and his infant son John, she had a smile on her face as she kissed John’s head.

Grace found herself sweeping the tears out from under her eyes. She wasn’t sad but angry with herself for not being beside him anymore. She was not only angry with herself at for God for taking her away from him before they were ready.

Grace sat on his bed for what seemed like hours as he sat and looked at the same picture for the same amount of time, ‘You said there was no one that needed me more than Brendon, what about my brother? What about Tom?’ she asked as she broke down in tears, ‘He needs me.’

‘Grace.’ She heard someone say. She looked to the man sitting next to her.

‘What are you doing here? Come to rub the fact that I’m dead in my face some more?’ she asked bitterly.

‘Look at your brother. You know he’s a strong man.’

‘I know he’s a strong man but I also know he needs me to take care of him. He needs someone to be there with him, he can’t do it on his own.’

‘Grace he is a strong man. You’ve had more of an impact on his life than anyone. It’s time for you to let go and see what happens.’

‘What do you mean see what happens? I don’t want to see what happens. I didn’t want to die that night. I wanted to go home and live and go to school and see my friends and watch the super bowl. Why me?’

‘Because you’re the only person that can have the right impact on Brendon Urie; who knows maybe this is temporary.’ He said before he disappeared and Grace found herself back in Brendon’s darkened room.

‘Fucker.’ Grace cursed just as there was a loud crack of lightening outside the window startling Brendon awake, ‘sorry sorry jeez.’

‘What are you doing?’ Brendon complained.

‘Just hanging out.’

‘I was having a great dream.’ Brendon complained.

‘Stop dreaming of me naked. I looked like a tramp.’ Grace said sitting down at the end of the bed looking at her picture of herself and her brother.

‘How did you know what I was dreaming about?’ Brendon asked pulling the covers up over his chest.

‘Brendon, we’ve been over this, I know everything remember?’

‘Where did you go?’

‘I went to see my brother.’ She said looking down at the picture. Brendon flipped on the light next to his bed.

‘Wanna talk about it?’ he asked.

‘I miss him so much ya know? That night, all I wanted to do was go home. We were supposed to watch football together the next morning. He watched from my hospital room. The bears lost just as my heart machine went off.’ She said.

‘Everything is going to be okay.’ Brendon said tucking some hair behind her ear.

‘How do you know?’

‘I thought you were supposed to know everything.’ Brendon asked. Grace smiled lightly as Brendon yawned.

‘Go back to sleep. You’re going to need your rest.’

‘What are you going to do?’

‘I don’t know, I’ll probably just hang out here for a bit.’

‘Grace.’

‘What Brendon?’ she asked as he laid down looking at her from where she sat next to his pillow.

‘Are you my angel?’

‘Something like that, now go to sleep.’ She said as she shut the light off for him. She looked down at him as he slept peacefully noticing, for the first time, how attractive he really was.
Sign up to rate and review this story