Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Sunflowers

Chapter 15

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Old Lover

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-20 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 1487 words

0Unrated
The work week ended so fast and was the weekend. Par-tay! Woot! I wonder what we are going to do this weekend. I heard my phone go off. I looked down to discover someone unexpected.
“Hello?”
“Hi Alyssa, it’s Ben. How are you?” I haven’t talked to Ben in over a couple of years. Ever since we broke up.
“I’m fine Ben, How about you?” Amanda cocked an eyebrow toward me. It was her Ryan, Brendon, Jon, Sis, Kay, and Spence sitting in the living room.
“Who’s Ben?” I heard Brendon asked. But I quieted him and stepped into the kitchen.
“I’m not bad. Can I ask a favor?”
“Sure.”
“You still live in LA, correct?”
“Yes.”
“I’m getting a job out there soon but can I live with you until I can find a place of my own.”
“I’m fine with it but I gotta ask the girls.”
“Girls?”
“Yes. I live with Amanda, Kayla, and Kristan.”
“Nice, I haven’t seen Kristan in awhile.”
“Yea she’s hardly ever here.” so I explained to him about her job. I felt these feelings rushing back toward me. This was the guy I was going to spend the rest of my life with. We talked about me coming out to LA and him joining me. I can’t believe he remembered the plan. “So when will you know by?”
“Lemme ask them now.” I pulled the phone down from my ear. “Hey guys do you mind if Ben stays with us until he finds a place of his own.”
“I don’t care.” came from Kay.
“Where will he sleep?” came from Amanda,
“No.” that would be Brendon and I’m guessing they filled him in.
“Sweetie you have no say in this. I’m sorry. He’ll sleep on the couch.”
“That’s fine.”
“3 outta 4 say yea. So when you coming?”
“Now if you want me to. I’m at the airport.” I gave him directions to our house. “See you soon.” I was excited to see him again. I walked back into the living room with a dazed look on my face.
“When’s he coming?”
“He’ll be here in 20 mins or so.”
“Hunni, he can live with me.”
“Sweetie, it’ll be fine.”
“He was your first love! How can you say It’ll be fine!”
“Uh…well…it will ok?”
“I don’t believe you.” We argued like this until we heard the doorbell ring. “That’s him!” I excitedly ran to the door and opened it.
“Hey baby.” he dropped his bag and lifted me up into a hug. When he sat me down, he planted his lips on mine. God I missed those kisses. Lys snap out of it!
“Hi sweetie. Come on in.” I don’t know if Brendon saw what just happened or not. “Let me introduce you. That’s Ryan, Amanda, Jon, Kayla, Spencer, lexi, and Brendon, my boyfriend.” He looked hurt. I felt so bad. We did break up and said it was ok to see other people, but I still feel bad.
“Nice to meet all of you.” he smiled.
“Here let me take that for you.” and I took his bags from his hands and proceeded up the stairs to my room. He followed behind me.
“You have a boyfriend?” he looked heartbroken.
“Yes, I’m sorry Ben.”
“Don’t you feel anything?” he kissed me again. I melted in his arms. All the feelings I had for him years ago came flowing back. He left me breathless.
“Wow.”
“Alyssa I still love you.”
“I love you.” I smiled at him. “but I’m with Brendon. “ he was about to say something but I cut him off. “He’s my first boyfriend out here since you. I thought you forgot about the plan. So I moved on.”
“Babe, I could never forget about the plan.” he kissed me again. I wish he’d stop.
“We’ll talk later. We are about to go out and do something. If you want to come you are more than welcome to join us.”
“Thank you, I’ll see.” we headed back down the stairs and joined the group.
“Hey did we decide on what we’re doing tonight?” Brendon glared at me. Great! Can’t he accept the fact that Ben was in the past, over, done, finite… Lys are you sure? No. I fought with myself.
“I suggested letting you two catch up.” came from Sis.
“I turned that down.”
“You know I like that idea.” I contradict Brendon.
“Great. Well then let’s go out to Michelangelo’s .” Amanda told everyone.
“Bye sweetie.” but he just walked past me. I sat down on the couch and Ben joined me. “So how have you been?” I asked him. But he had other intentions. He pulled into another breathing stealing kiss. Damn him! But this time I pulled away. “Ben I told you have a boyfriend. Please just stop.”
“But I’ve missed you so much. And I don’t think he’ll be your boyfriend anymore.” he kissed me again.
“Ben please! You better behave or I’ll kick you out.”
“Fine I understand.” he sighed. “You don’t like me.”
“You’re right. I like Brendon. Sorry.”
“The plan?”
“Plans change, I have a new plan. Besides I’m not going to be here that often anymore.”
“How come?”
“I’ll be traveling to China and such.”
“Did you get your dream job at Sony then?”
“Actually yes.” he smiled at me.
“I’m glad to hear.”
“You didn’t get yours?” he shook his head no.
“Life hasn’t been a piece of cake.”
“It’s not suppose to. But what happened?”
“After you left, I felt so alone. I felt like committing suicide. Then I started talking to this girl in school. She was real pretty but not as beautiful as you.” he added. “anyway I got her pregnant. But she had a miscarriage.” Thank god! “ Then my mum passed away my junior year.”
“I’m sorry why didn’t you tell me?”
“I didn’t want to worry you.”
“Ben,” I held his hand, “ I would have come back.”
“Yes I know but well never mind, Then my senior year I was in a car accident and was in a coma for 2 weeks, but I recovered quickly. “ Tears started to fall down my face.
“Oh Ben.” I hugged him. “I’m so sorry.”
“For?” I pulled away.
“For making you go through all this.”
“Baby, it’s not your fault.”
“But if I wouldn’t have left you then none of this would have happened.”
“Most of it still would have happened.” I fell into his chest and cried harder. What a friend I’ve been. A lousy one. Just then I heard the door open. I saw my lover come in.
“Brendon!” I immediately went over and gave him a big hug.
“This was not the scene I was expecting.” he held me close. “Everything alright?”
“Yes, everything’s fine,” Ben answered. “I’m just going to lie down and rest. Jetlag. Lys why don’t you go out and have fun. Don’t worry about it, everything will be fine.” Fine! That stupid word…nothing ever IS fine when people use. It also feels reassuring. I went over to Ben and hugged him before he traveled up the stairs.
“Why did you come back?”
“Forgot my ID.” he half-smiled. I love that smile. “Shit it’s not here. Where the hell is it?” he rummaged around the room and I just stole his wallet from his back pocket. Sure enough there it was.
“You mean this?” I held it up.
“Well what do you know I had it the whole time.” he said. “Huh would you look at that.” I knew he came back to see if I was ok. This is the man that I love. I thought I could never find love again, but I did and I’m happy. And that’s that!
“Thanks.” I smiled and gave him a hug. This is where I want to be. “Just let me grab my purse.” I raced up to my room and noticed Ben was laying on my bed. “Hun, if you need anything just help yourself. Bye.” I smiled and headed to the bathroom to touch up my make-up. Few minutes later I clopped back down the stairs. “How do I look?”
“Gorgeous.” he pulled me into a kiss. When he let go, he took my hand we walked to meet the others in the car.
“We thought you got lost in the house.” chuckled Kay. She was snuggled next to Jon.
“Ha Ha very funny.” I crawled into the back of the van and sat next to my baby. He just held me the whole ride to the club.
Sign up to rate and review this story