Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Sunflowers

Chapter 23

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-24 - 1311 words

0Unrated
I woke and looked down on my body. The bullet just grazed my back. And most of the blood was pouring out of my head.
“Alyssa” I heard a strong male voice behind me. I turned to toward the light to see my grandfather standing in the archway.
“Pap!” I squealed and ran to give him a big hug. “I’ve missed you so much.”
“I’ve missed you Lys.” It felt safe to be in his arms again. “But you’ve got to turn back Lys.” I gave him a quizzical look. “It’s not your time to pass.” He explained to me. “You have a great guy. He’ll treat you right.” I looked back down to see that the ambulance finally came and I was being loaded into the back of the vehicle.
“She’s not conscious.” I heard the paramedics say.
“Pap, can’t I stay with you until Spencer or Brendon or Amanda comes?” I asked him. I was so scared. I didn’t want to leave him just yet.
“I want to say that I am so proud of the person you’ve become. You will always be my little Alyssa.” I started to cry. “I love you.”That was the last statement I heard before I awoke.
The next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital. Spencer was there holding my hand as was Brendon. I looked between the two boys. Brendon was crying and Spencer was gazing out the window.
“Hey.” I softly stated and smiled at them.
“Hey yourself.” Spencer smiled.
“Oh Lys you’re alright.”
“I guess. But what happened?” then Brendon explained how Spencer called 911 and woke everyone in the hotel just trying to get Brendon up. He was such a heavy sleeper. Anyway, him and Spencer raced to the closest hospital. Luckily I was there. They told me I had to have stitches in my forehead. Thankfully they didn’t cut any of my hair. Spencer rolled his eyes at that. And my back was grazed so it is all bandaged up.
“But thankfully you can go home later today.” He concluded and kissed my cheek. I smiled. I’m so grateful to have to have boyfriend like him.
“I should call Amanda.” Spencer told me and left the room. Ah, he’s great too.
“I’m so sorry. I should have gone with you.” Brendon started to apologize.
“Sweetie, if you went, we both would be here. Besides I should have waited. I just love NYC so much I couldn’t just sit there and do nothing.”
“I know that’s why I love you.”
“I love you too.” He kissed me on the lips as Spencer came into the room.
“Hey Lys-sorry to interrupt, but I’m going to get Amanda and Kayla. Do you need anything Brendon?”
“Coffee.” He replied.

Later that day I was told to rest. Yea right! Rest in New York City? Does he think I’m crazy?
“It’s only day two. I’m sure you can rest today and maybe we’ll go out tomorrow evening.” Brendon told me as he sat on the edge of my bed back in the hotel. “Now the boys and I have interviews today and we’re appearing on TRL. Here’s the remote, your cellphone, ipod, and laptop. If you get hungry you can just call room service. Of course if you need anything just call my cell. I love you so much I’m so glad you are alright.” He kissed my forehead before leaving the room. The girls were going too. But who could blame them. I’d be right there at Brendon’s side. I decided that I was going to watch TRL but I started to doze off. So I set my alarm on my phone to go off at 3:30. I felt it vibrate and turned on the tv to hear Damian say that the special guests would be Panic! They didn’t come on the show til half through.
“Now Brendon we’re so sorry about the recent events. But what really happened with the shooting of your girlfriend.” Oh man! National TV. Management is not going to like this. I saw him glance at Spencer.
“Actually I was sleeping when it happened.” He chuckled. “Spencer and her went for a walk in Central Park. Spencer got tired and came back to the hotel leaving my stubborn love alone in the dark. She continued exploring, because she loves the city so much and just got caught up in the gang shooting.”
“Oh wow. She’s alright then?”
“A little shooken up, but she should be resting. I love you honey.” Oh. My. God. He said that on TV. Wow!
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and her. We’ll be right back with more from Panic! at the Disco after this break. You’re number 6 video coming to you during the commercials.” I stared at the TV. I couldn’t grasp the concept that Brendon said that in front of all his fans.
“And we’re back with the guys of Panic! at the Disco.” Damien said. “Are you guys nervous about performing on the Carson Daily show this New Years?” Ryan answered but I just half listened. My mind drifted off about Brendon. Soon I fell asleep and awoke to commotion.
“Aww look guys. She was sleeping and you woke her.” Brendon came to my bedside again. “How are you feeling babe?”
“Better. Slept most of the day but I did see your TRL appearance.” Before he could reply Sis popped her head into the room.
“You are so lucky , Sis.” Brendon shh’d andshoo’d her out of the room.
“What you think of my explanation?” he asked me all smug. I just slapped his arm. “What was that for?”
“Stubborn love, eh?” He reached into his back pocket as he laughed.
“Hope this makes up for it.” I opened the envelope to discover two tickets to see...
“OMG! Brendon I how did you pull this off? Ah! I’m so excited. This definitely makes up for it!” I beamed, then pulled him in for a kiss.
“Hey you’re supposed to be resting.” But I just kissed him again.
“I take it you found out.” Said Amanda as she popped in to see how I was doing. I smiled cheekily and nodded. “He got the last two. Or I’d be going to see that show with you as well.” I apologized but this night was going to be so special.
“Brendon I need a dress.” He left my room and came back with this satin strapless purple gown. That had a row of rhinestones outlining the top. It was simple and elegant.
“Something like this?”
“Brendon it’s gorgeous. You are too good to me.” I got out of bed and I kissed him again.
“But you need to promise me that you’ll rest tonight and tomorrow or no show.” I jumped back into bed.
“Yes sir!” I laughed. He hung the dress up and I joined me in bed. We put the TV on and fell asleep in each other’s arm. Everyone left me the next day as well. But when it started to near 5 I wanted to get ready. I took a shower. But I had to take the bandages off my head. I had this huge gash in middle of my forehead that swept toward the right. “I look so ugly. How can he love me?” I just stared at myself in the mirror. “The scar is going to be ugly.” I kept telling myself that. How was I ever going to show my face at the musical tonight? I finally took a shower and started to my makeup when the gang started to roll in.
Sign up to rate and review this story