Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Sunflowers

Chapter 26

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-24 - 1122 words

0Unrated
Brendon beckoned me out on stage. I glanced nervously at Spencer sitting at his drum set. After he apologized I couldn’t stay mad at him. He gave me a reassuring smile. It was minutes before midnight and we had the perfect view of the ball. This year it was all colorful and festive! It was wonderful to be here in time square with Brendon.
“10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-“I watched the ball drop. “1! Happy New Year.” I turned to kiss Brendon but he was on one knee. He held a small gray box that was open in the palm of his right hand. In that little gray box was a gold ring with a diamond in the middle. I was speechless. I started to cry.
“Alyssa, I love you with all my heart, will you please marry me?” I nodded through my tears and managed to say a weak yes. He slipped the ring on my finger and pulled me into a big ol’ wet kiss. This was the best New Years ever!
“Brendon, I love you so much, I can’t believe this is happening to me. I’m the luckiest girl alive.” I confessed when we pulled apart. “I need to call my parents.” I wiped away the tears streaming down my face.
“They already know.” A quizzical look appeared on my face. “I had to ask your dad for permission.”
“Oh Brendon.” I kissed him again. “I love you.” I repeated. Him asking my dad for permission is so special to me. It shows that he respects me and will always. As we pulled apart I heard the stage manager countdown till they were on the air again. Great I was crying on National TV. I laughed at myself as I wiped away my tears.
“Happy New Year everyone, hope you have a safe and happy holiday. I’d like to dedicate this next song to my soon to be wife. The amazing, wonderful Alyssa, I love you.” I started to walk off the stage but Brendon pulled me close and started to sing a new song. He must have written the song himself. It was beautiful. The song ended too fast and we were being rushed off stage. I just couldn’t contain myself. I had to kiss him again.
“Alyssa!” Amanda, Kayla, and Sis interrupted us. I just flashed them my ring.
“First Jess and Sean; now you and Brendon.” Amanda stated. “Oh I’m so happy for you!” she hugged me, as did Kay and Sis.
“Congrats Lys.” Spencer told me and gave me a big Spencer hug- ha. Followed by Ryan and Jon with hugs of their own. This is such an amazing night.
“Ready to go to Pete’s bar?” asked Jon. Yea we all exclaimed! Even though Ryan and Jon were the only legal members of the group, Pete would treat us right.

We arrived at the pub just a little after half past the hour. No sooner did we get there but Kay started drinking. She was a heavy drinker.
“Happy New Year Patrick!” I called.
“How bout a lil New Year kiss?” he asked,
“I’m in engaged.” And I flashed him my ring.
“Well in that case congrats then.” He kissed me on the cheek. Oh I’m not washing my cheek. “Hey everyone.” He gathered the people’s attention around the bar. “Congratulations to Brendon and Alyssa on their engagement.”
“Cheers!” they toasted to us. How sweet. Brendon and I kissed, which got this drunken crowd even more excited. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.
“Ken?” I asked him. He just nodded.
“Congratulations.” He said in his Chinese accent. I could listen to this all day.
“Why thank you. What brings you out here?”
“Well the guys and I wanted to experience New York during New Years.” He explained.
“Wait guys?” I choked on my beer.
“Yea, you got to meet them.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me to a small table were about a guys were just sitting around laughing.
“Oh look Ken got himself a girl.” Vanness pointed out. Where was Kay when you needed her?
“Not exactly.” Was the response he gave. “This is Alyssa. She’s a fan.”
“Wow a fan from the states.” Jerry tried to say in English.
“It’s so nice to meet all of you. I just wish my friend Colleen was here.”
“Why?” asked Vic.
“She’s the one who introduced yinz!” then I got an idea. I pulled out my phone. “Jerry can you smile please?” he did. “I’m sending Colleen a pix message of you. She’ll be excited and bummed she’s not here.” I explained. Then I sent the pix and waited for a reply.
“Hey Lys!” Kayla greeted already half wasted. “Who’s your new friends?” she slurred.
“This is Ken, Vic, Jerry, and Vannass.”
“Let me at him, let me at him!” She pushed through the bar stools until she reached Vannass. “Hi.”
“Hey pretty lady. Let me get you a drink.” Oh I don’t think she needs one of those. Just then my cell went off. It was Colleen. “She says thank you for the pic and if she can have your number?” I giggled.
“What’s hers?” he asked me and I told him. He excused himself to make the phone call.
“She’s going to flip.”
“Yea I bet. Speaking of numbers, may I have yours?” Ken asked me. And who’s to say no to your favorite Chinese idol? We exchanged numbers promising to keep in touch.
“I’ll call you when I arrive in Taiwan.”
“That would great. I can show you around.”
“Awesome!” I beamed. We chatted for a little more before I went to mingle. I noticed Amanda was sitting next to Ryan talking with him intently. Jon was talking with Joe and Andy. Brendon…hmm where was he? Maybe in the bathroom. Then I saw Sis dancing in the middle of the floor. Now where was her lover? Probably somewhere with mine, I replied to myself. So I decided to join her. In the middle of Cascada’s ‘Everytime We Touch’ I felt someone put his hands on my hips.
“Mind if I join you?” I shook my head no. But that voice was not Brendon or Patrick’s, so I wonder who else would want to dance with me. He was a good dancer; our hips moved in sync with the music. The fast beat song soon ended and I turned to face my partner. I was going to say thank you but it caught me off guard to who I saw behind me.
Sign up to rate and review this story