Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Waterfall

Waterfall

by cassandra 7 reviews

After one of their rare fights, Julius remembers a promise that he made a long time ago. Now he must go after the love of his life.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-21 - Updated: 2008-02-25 - 1903 words

1Moving
Delilah violently slammed her bedroom door opened and threw her jacket onto her neatly made bed.

Their was another loud bang as Julius entered Delilah's room, "Delilah just stop and listen to me!"
She turned around to meet Julius face to face, "No you listen to me! You almost got me killed! You were careless and it almost cost me my live! You almost got me killed on my eighteenth birthday."

"I know I messed up, okay. I said I was sorry."

"Saying sorry doesn't change the fact that I almost died!"

"But you didn't die."

Today was Delilah's eighteenth birthday and she was still alive. However two hours ago she had almost been killed. Scarlett had sent the duo on a mission. She didn't want to since it was Dee's special day, but their was no other teams available and it was an easy mission, one that wouldn't take more then three hours.

It was simple, break into some criminals house and take something back that didn't belong to him. It was so simple. No bodyguards or anything. They had the house completely to themselves. So Delilah wanted to try and crack the safe and have Julius be the lookout. Julius agreed, but after awhile of being the lookout he got bored and started to read poem that he had written for Delilah. Soon after Julius had gotten distracted by his poem, Delilah had a gun pushed to the side of her head. It was the criminal who lived there, but lucky when he pulled the trigger nothing happened. It turned out that his gun had no bullets in it. Thank god for stupid criminals.

"I had a gun at my head, Julius and it was your felt. I didn't die this time, but who's to say it won't happen again and what if the next time I'm not so lucky. You may not care about my life, but I do."

"Why would you say that. You know I care about."

"Well you have a funny way of showing it."

"It was an accident. I'm only human. Everyone makes them. I am truly sorry Dee and..." Julius took a deep breath and in a very gentle, but shaking voice he continued. "...and if you were to leave this world, I would be a complete wreck. You have no ideal what you mean to me. You're it I have. I'll always protect you."

"Julius you don't have me. I'm not some object that you can just own."

"That's not what I meant Dee."

"Well that's what it sounded like and I don't need you to protect me. I've looked after myself since I was five."

Julius quickly brushed his bangs away from his eyes. "What are you saying Dee?"

"I don't need you."

Those four words sunk into Julius' head, then his heart. He desperately wanted to say, I need you, but the words kept getting caught in his throat. Then three different words came out of his mouth. "I love you."

"What? You better not have said what I thought you said. You wouldn't say that at a time like this."

Julius gave a little smile, "Happy birthday."

Delilah didn't say anything she just stared at the floor.

Julius felt his heart jump into his throat, 'So this is what rejection feels like.'

"I just realized something." It took a moment for Julius' brain to notice that Delilah was talking. "I don't want to be a spy. I want to go to my old home and live a normal life. Nobody lives there. The house has been in my name since they died and now that I'm eighteenth I can claim it." Her voice was completely emotionless throughout her little speech. She walked to her door as if she was on auto pilot. At the door she stopped and without turning around she said "Bye Julius."

Julius wanted to run to her and tell her to stay. He told himself that he would force her to stay, but his body wouldn't allow him to move. After what seemed like an eternity Julius turned around.

The room was empty and Delilah wasn't at the door.

Julius looked back at Delilah's bed. Her perfectly made bed. There was only a single wrinkle, wear her jacket had landed.

Julius slowly walked over to her bed and carefully sat down as to not disturb her blankets anymore. He could feel his heart slowing down. A few minutes ago his heart beat was fast and strong, from their little argument. Now is was slow. Like the heart beat of a person in a coma. Julius half expected his heart to just stop. He could picture his body falling back onto Delilah's neatly made bed.

Can you die from getting your heart broken? Deep down Julius knew that the answer was no, but right now he was positive it was going to happen to him.

He slowly laid down on Delilah's bed. He rested his head on her pillow. Her bed felt so clean and everything smelt like her. Apple with a hint of strawberry.

Julius didn't want to, but he couldn't help it as he fell asleep.


Delilah cannonball into the pool. The splash it made caused Scarlett who was standing at the side of the pool to become wet.

Julius saw Scarlett's shocked look and could tell that she was not happy about getting wet. He thought that this would be the perfect time to get her back for taking him away from Delilah the other day, to do his homework. "I can make a bigger splash then that."

"I would like to see you try!" Delilah yelled from the side of the pool. There were always so competitive.

"Don't you dare jump Julius!" Scarlett yelled, but it was too late he had already started to run to the pool. He jumped at the edge and tucked his body in. He hit the water. His splash was way bigger then Delilah's. It caused Scarlett not to get wet, but soaked.

Julius swam over to Delilah, "I win."

"Yeah you win, but I wouldn't say that's a good thing."

Julius followed Delilah's gazed to behind him. Scarlett stood there. Her clothes sticking to her body and water dripping to the ground. "Julius!"

Julius knew she was mad, but he wouldn't go back in time and change his actions if he could. He knew what to say so he wouldn't get in trouble. "Delilah did it first."

"Hey!" Delilah lightly hit Julius.

"Why do you two always act like eight year old children."

Automatically Julius said, "Cause we are." He hated how people always treated them like grown ups because they were spies in training. They weren't adults they're little kids and he liked to act like one.

"I'm going to dry off. Don't do anything dangerous!"

Once she was inside Julius climbed out of the pool and went to the deep end where the diving board was. "Delilah watch me jump off of this."

"I think that would classify as something dangerous."

Julius said, "I think that would classify as something dangerous." In a girly voice to mock Delilah. "You sound just like Scarlett."

"No I don't!"

Julius stuck his tongue out at Delilah and walked onto the diving board. He jumped... once... twice... three times, then he swan dived into the water.

Delilah hated to admit it, but she was impressed by the gracefulness of his dive. She decided she would tell him once he swam back to her.

She looked at the spot in the water where he had entered. She could see his tanned figure deep in the water, but it didn't look like he was getting any closer to the top.

Delilah took a deep breath in and dived into the water. She quickly pulled Julius to the surface and onto the cement. She put her hand a little above Julius' mouth and nose. Nothing. "Julius." Her voice was barley audible even to her own ears. Her mind went a crazy she had no ideal what to do. She knew that when somebody wasn't breathing, to do CPR, but she didn't know how to do it. Al had told them that they would learn it when they began their real training and that wouldn't start until they were at least ten.

Without even thinking Delilah lightly slapped Julius cheek. "Wake up." Her voice was still a whisper. She slapped him again, but this time a little harder. "Wake up Julius." Now her voice was at it's normal volume. She hit his chest with both fist. "Julius you can't leave me. Don't give up." Tears were starting to trickle down her cheeks. A few landed on Julius' small chest. "Please don't give up on me Julius."

Delilah looked at his lightly tanned face. His eyes were closed, but she could picture his beautiful eyes looking at her. "Don't give..." Delilah was cut off as a steady flow of water hit her in the face. She wiped the water away from her eyes and looked down to see Julius with a wide smile on his face.

"Got you. Man you should see the look on your face. You're all like so shocked or something." Julius stood up and walked over to the table that had his drink on it. "Man I got you good. You actually thought I was going to die. You hit me kind of hard. It hurt a little. You probably want to say, how could you fake all that, I know you weren't breathing." He quickly took a sip of his drink, then went back to his mini rant. "Well that's because I can hold my breath for almost four whole minutes. Al says it's my special talent. Man I still can't believe how shocked you looked." Julius turned back to look at Delilah.

She was still sitting on the ground. Her face was still wet, with the water that had been in Julius' mouth and the water from her tears.

"Are you okay, De?"

"I thought you gave up on me. I really thought you had left me."

"De I would never give up." Julius sat down right beside Delilah. "I'm sorry for scaring you like that. I thought it was funny at the time, but it's not so funny know."

"I don't want you to leave me."

"Oh don't worry about that. You're going to be stuck with me for a long time. I guarantee you."

"You promise."

Julius held his hand over his heart and in his dorky voice said, "I Julius Chevalier promise to never ever give up on you, Delilah Devonshire."

"What are you two doing?" They both turned to see Scarlett coming back with a towel in her hand.
At the exact same time they said, "Nothing."

"Okay then." Scarlett sat down on one of the chairs.

Julius hit Delilah's arm then jumped into the pool. When he swam back to the top he said, "That's for hitting me." Delilah smiled and jumped in the pool with him.



Julius woke up in Delilah's soft bed. He looked at the clock. He had only been asleep for about twenty minutes.

"I'm never going to give up on you." Julius stood up and walked to Delilah's door. Right as he walked out of her room he told himself that he was going to bring her back.
Sign up to rate and review this story