Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Waterfall

Part 2

by cassandra 4 reviews

Suddenly I felt like writing.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-25 - 1029 words

0Unrated
Delilah slowly got off the bike, she had borrowed from the academy, and put the kick stand down. She had pulled into the driveway of her old home. It didn’t surprise Delilah that the driveway had many cracks in it. After all what do expect a place to look like after a decade of loneliness. Delilah herself had been alone for as long as the house had been and she knew that she wasn’t doing to well.

Delilah took her helmet off to get a clearer look at the place.

She looked around the block. It was dark, but the street lights seemed to make the place glow. All the houses seemed to have this certain glow about them. It felt as if all the families in the houses were emitting this loving feeling. Delilah knew she could never really explain the feelings that were going though her.

This place looked like the perfect place for a child to grow up, but Delilah couldn’t remember living here. She had figured that maybe seeing her old home would spark some memories. It didn’t and it bugged Delilah.

Not being able to remember what she thought was the happiest times of her life made her feel like… nothing.

She looked back at her old house. The house looked dark and bleak, so unlike all the other houses, but there was a small porch with flowers all around it. The flowers looked so bright and alive. How could that be? They should be dead after all this time.

“Max! Come back boy!”

Delilah turned around to see a man getting up off the ground. He looked like he was in his forties. Then she saw who the man was yelling at. A big shaggy dog jumped onto Delilah pushing her down. The dog began to lick her face all over. She tried to push him off of her, but every time she pushed him, he would just come back and continue to lick her. Finally the man managed to pull the dog away. “I am so very sorry about that miss.”

“It’s okay.” Delilah wiped her face with her hand.

The man held his hand out to help Delilah up, but instead she just said, “No thanks. I think I’m just going to sit here for awhile.”

“Okay then.” The man sat down beside her. Still holding onto his dogs collar. “I honestly don’t know what got into Max here. I’ve only seen him do that to one other person and that was about thirteen years ago. It was his originally owner. A little girl, she use to live here. Wait what are you doing here? You must be lost, no one lives here. I could help you out as best as I can though.”

“I’m not lost. Tell me more about the people that lived here.”

“Okay then. Well…a long time ago three people lived here, well four if you count Max. Anyway it was a small family, but a very loving one. A mom, a dad, and a beautiful little girl to top it all off. Sadly when the child was about five the family fell apart. Her parents were… well I shouldn’t tell you, but for some reason I really want to. Well her parents were spies and they were always away. Me and my wife would look after the child a lot. Max came into their little family on the girls fourth birthday. Her dad thought she would love to have a dog and he was right. She was always with this dog. They were best friends.”

The man smiled as all the happy memories came back to him. Then his smile faded as he continued. “One day the girl and Max were at my place. Her parents were on some top secret mission or something. Well the building they were supposedly in, blew up. Even though their bodies were never found everyone thought they were dead. So the girl was taken to some secret place, but no pets were allowed so I took in Max. I never saw her after that. She had the most beautiful name. It was…”

Delilah said it before he could, “Delilah.”

“Yes. How do you know?”

“I don’t remember having a dog.” Right then it started to rain. It wasn’t just raining, no it was pouring. Tonight the heavens were weeping for all that had ever happened and all that was to ever come.

Delilah looked to the sky. The feel of rain against her skin was way better than the feel of dog slobber.

“Let’s get out of this rain. We can talk in my house.” They stood up and the man led them to the house right next door.

He opened the door and Max ran in. The man stepped out of the way and let Delilah go in first. Right as she went into the house, he spoke. “Delilah, I know you don’t remember me. My name’s Dave. It‘s good to see you.”

Julius turned the heat up in the car that Scarlett had told him to take.

After he had left Delilah’s room he went straight to Scarlett’s office and after he briefly described his situation, she gave him the location of Delilah’s old house and the keys to a car. The house wasn’t too far. He just had to take a few turns to get to the highway, then stay on that for awhile, and finally take a couple of other turns. He had all of the direction on the cars gps. Right now he was almost at the highway.

Julius kept remembering that one day at the pool, when he had made that promise. He wondered if Delilah remembered that day too.

The gps made a little noise reminding Julius to turn. He put his flicker on and turned the wheel. At the last moment Julius saw a car coming towards him and hit the brake, just in time to stop a collision.
“Whoa, that was a close one. I got to pay more attention.”
Sign up to rate and review this story