Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Living in Panic

Chapter 15

by RyanRossLuver 0 reviews

This chapter is only long because of all the Lyrics I have in - three and a half songs!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-02-25 - Updated: 2008-02-26 - 1972 words - Complete

0Unrated
I was woken a few hours later by Ryland telling me that I had to get up and into the venue now if I were to make Panic’s set, as both Cobra and Paramore had already been. I had apparently been sleeping a long time. I ran into the change room, got into a simple black mini dress and a pair of shoes, did my make up then joined the boys on the edge of the stage, waiting to be called on.
“Why didn’t you wake me sooner?” I asked Jon.
“We thought you could do with the rest, cause you’re on the bus with the most people.” I nodded my head, and we were called onstage.
“Good evening Chicago. How are you all?” Brendon asked.
“Have you been enjoying yourself so far?” I asked from my spot next to the piano. Screams floated back to the stage, and all of us smiled.
“Well, we’ve got a little treat to start off our set tonight. Miss McDermott, or soon to be Mrs Ross, is going to give us a listen to her wonderful voice. Now none of you have heard her before, and you will fall in love with how she sings.” Ryan said to the crowd.
“This is a song that describes the downfall of my home life, when my mother left me and my father alone shortly before he died. I feel it fits my tale of woe perfectly, and I have a feeling many of you here today would have heard the band it’s by. You may have not heard of this song – the album it’s from only came out a few months ago. This is a song by My Chemical Romance.” Screams of happiness could be heard from the crowd, and Spencer, Jon, Ryan and Brendon (on guitar) started playing the intro.

Well when you go, don’t ever think I’ll make you try to stay. And maybe when you get back, I’ll be off to find another way.
And after all this time that you still owe, you’re still the good for nothing I don’t know. So take your gloves and get out, better get out, while you can.
When you go, would you even turn to say, I don’t love you, like I did, yesterday.
Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading, so sick and tired of all the needless beating. But baby when they knock you down and out, is where you oughta stay.
And after all the blood that you still owe, another dollar’s just another blow. So fix you eyes and get up, better get up, while you can. Woah, woah!
When you go, would you even turn to say, I don’t love you, like I did yesterday. Now come on, come on.
When you go, would you have the guts to say, I don’t love you, like I loved you yesterday. I don’t love you like I loved you yesterday.
I don’t love you like I loved you yesterday.


I was crying by the end of the song, because of the memories brought back, and the sheer beauty of the song. Luckily none of the band noticed, and they went on with the show.

After “Camisado” was my next song. My next song was another cover picked by me.
“So basically over this music festival, I’m showcasing my talent. Pete and Brendon put me up to it. But because I haven’t written any decent songs yet, I’m covering other great songs/bands I like, and sometimes, in the case of this next one, getting some friends onstage to help me out a little. One of them you’ve already seen tonight, and the other is on after us. From those clues alone, you’ve probably deduced whish song I’m singing. Please welcome Miss Vicky and Mr William to the stage!” William and Vicky ran out onto the stage, William standing beside me with a spare microphone, Vicky by Jon with her Keytar. Bren, Ryan, Jon, Spencer and Vicky started the intro, and we were off once more.

Times are strange, we’ve got a free upgrade for, snakes on a plane, fuck ‘em – I don’t care! Pop the cheap champagne, we’re going down in flames, hey.

Vicky joined in on the next bit with me, her singing the first part, me the second.

Oh, I’m ready for it! Come on, bring it! Oh, I’m ready for it! Come on, bring it! Oh, I’m ready for it! Come on, bring it! Oh, I’m ready for it! Come on, bring it!

Next came everyone singing together, with William doing the main bit.

So kiss me goodbye, honey I’m gonna make it out alive. So kiss me goodbye, I can see the venom in their eyes. Goodbye.

We continued the rest of the song, with Jon jumping in and doing the rapping bit’s that Travie normally did. Vicky and William ran off at the end, and the boys performed up to the end of “But It’s Better If You Do” before my next two covers.
“This is a song that lies close to my heart. I find the lyrics beautiful, and the man who originally recorded it had the most amazing voice. He is one of my best friends, other than My Chemical Romance, who lives outside of the Fueled By Ramen family. This song is “I Caught Fire”, by Bert McCracken, and The Used.”

Seemed to stop my breath. My head on your chest. Waiting to cave in. From the bottom of my...
Hear your voice again. Could we dim the sun. And wonder where we've been. Maybe you and me…
So kiss me like you did. My heart stopped beating. Such a softer sin. (I'm melting, I'm melting)
In your eyes. I lost my place. Could stay a while. And I'm melting. In your eyes. Like my first time. That I caught fire. Just stay with me. Lay with me now.
Never caught my breath. Every second I'm without you I'm a mess. Ever know each other
Trust these words are stones. Why cuts aren't healing. Learning how to love. I'm melting (I'm melting)
In your eyes. I lost my place. Could stay a while. And I'm melting. In your eyes. Like my first time. That I caught fire. Just stay with me. Lay with me. (Stay with me lay with me now).
You could stay and watch me fall. And of course I'll ask for help. Just stay with me now. We could take our heads off. Stay in bed just make love that's all. Just stay with me now
I'm melting (I'm melting)
In your eyes. I lost my place. Could stay a while. And I'm melting. In your eyes. Like my first time. That I caught fire. Just stay with me. Lay with me. In your eyes. I lost my place. Could stay a while. And I'm melting. In your eyes. Like my first time. That I caught fire. Just stay with me lay with me. (Stay with me, lay with me)
In your eyes. Let's sleep till the sun burns out
I'm melting in your eyes (I'm melting in your eyes)
Let's sleep till the sun burns out. I'm melting in your eyes


“This next song is by our boss’ band. It’s called “Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner”.”

Drink down your gin and kerosene, and come spit on bridges with me, just to keep us warm. Light a match to leave me be, light a match to leave me be.
I keep my jealousy close cause, it’s all mine. And if you say this makes you happy, then I’m not the only one lying.
Keep quiet, nothing comes as easy as you. Can I lay in your bed all day? I’ll be your best-kept secret and your biggest mistake. The hand behind this pen relives a failure everyday.
Keep quiet, nothing comes as easy as you. Can I lay in your bed all day? I’ll be your best-kept secret and your biggest mistake. The hand behind this pen relives a failure everyday.
I keep my jealously close cause, it’s all mine. And if you say this makes you happy then I’m not the only one, lying.
Drink down your gin and kerosene, and come spit on bridges with me, just to keep us warm. Light a match to leave me be, light a match to leave me.
Keep quiet, nothing comes as easy as you. Can I lay in your bed all day? I’ll be your best-kept secret and your biggest mistake. The hand behind this pen relives a failure everyday.
Keep quiet, nothing comes as easy as you. Can I lay in your bed all day? I’ll be your best-kept secret and your biggest mistake. The hand behind this pen relives a failure everyday.
So wear me like a locket around your throat. I’ll weigh you down, I’ll watch you choke-


I could feel bile rising in my throat, and quickly ran offstage and into the nearest bathroom. I emptied my stomach and started crying. Soon I heard someone enter the bathroom and come up behind me.
“Sweetie, are you okay?”
“No, I’m really not okay. But I think I may know what’s wrong with me, and you probably won’t like me afterwards.”
“Sweetheart, I could never hate you. Believe me, okay. Just tell me what’s wrong.” He dried away a few of my tears.
“I think I may…be pregnant.” He kissed the tracks my tears made with such emotion.
“Sweetie, that’s great news. I’m so happy for us at the moment.”
“But the reason you may hate me is that…I’m not even sure I want it.”
“Why would you not want it?” Ryan asked, anger eminent in his voice.
“I’m too young Ryan. I can barely look after myself, let alone a baby.” I replied, my voice wavering and threatening to crack.
“You don’t have to do it on your own you know. We have friends and family who can help us.”
“Yeah, okay, we have friends who can help us. But family, for me? Have you been around me the past few months? I have no family, so it’s alright for you to lecture me into keeping this thing, whilst lying through your teeth!” I yelled at him, more tears spilling over. Before he had a chance to reply, I ran out of the bathroom and towards my bus, letting myself on and crashing into Michael. He put his arms around me, and pulled me into his chest, sitting us down on one of the sofas.
“What happened Em?” He asked.
“I just had my first fight with Ryan.” Just then, Gabe came onto the bus and sat down the other side of me.
“Can I let you tell Gabe what the fight was about, because I need to go get on stage?” I nodded my head and let myself fall into Gabe. Michael started walking off the bus, before turning round in his tracks.

“But I would like you to tell me about it all when I get back, okay?” I nodded again, and he left properly this time.

“I told him I was pregnant Gabe, and he was happy. Until I told him I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep it because I’m so young, then he flipped it. I made him so angry Gabe.” I cried into his chest as he whispered reassuring words to me, stroking my hair. Soon I found myself asleep in his arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story