Categories > Original > Drama > The Dark Cavern (A Cloakman's Tale)

A Horrifying Tale (Chapter Nine)

by MaxalinDarkness 0 reviews

Lissa Has To Make a Choice and She Sees Something that will haunt her nightmares for the rest of her short life

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror - Published: 2006-02-04 - Updated: 2006-02-04 - 1064 words

0Unrated
Lissa stood in the middle of the group surrounded by Shiro and With."What's wrong with you Lissa?" Shiro looked at her sternly "Since when do you listen in Class?" Lissa looked at with then picked up her backpack and started up the stairs towards the Highests office.
When she walked into the Office she looked at the Highest and he nodded slightly "You've made your chioce child?" Lissa started to tear slightly looking between all three doors "Yessir" she managed to say to him.She didn't want her happyness because she knew how sad shiro would be and she didn't want Shiro's happyness because she knew she would be sad.Togetherness was her last chioce."Mister Highest?" she looked over her shoulder at the man wearing the hood over his face so you had no idea what he looked like "I'm not going in any of these doors." she grumbled."Me and shiro can stay upstairs in the death room if that is what you would like.We will be good.Please don't send us away...I want us to both live.I want you to figure out what is wrong with us and how to stop this sacred child thing.I beg of you highest." the highest chuckled and smiled at Lissa."You have proven yourself Lissa.Now I just want you to pick one of these doors.When it opens you will see what would happen if you picked it.Alright Lissa?Nothing bad will happen I promise." Lissa smiled and walked over to the happyness of Shiro door slowly creaking it open.She saw what seemed to be a movie like thing of what would happen to make Shiro Happy.

They looked into the cavern deep as it was.Shiro looked into lissa's eyes and smiled. His face was scratched up and his smile looked like pain to Lissa."I just want you to be happy lissa..." he whispered."That's all...." he then turned and pressed his hand to lissa's face.Suddenly a blue light shined and everything froze.Lissa could still see what was happening she just couldn't move."Shiro don't do this!" she screamed seeing shiro walk to the edge of the cavern."No shiro!!" she screamed."I love you Lissa.I just want you to be happy." he then threw him self over the edge of the cliff.Everything unfroze and lissa ran to the edge just in time to see Shiro hit the ground."Shiro!!" she screamed and reached her hands over the side of the cavern as if shiro would grab her hands and come back.With grabbed around Lissa's body and pulled her back."No! You can't do this!!" she yelled. "He's dead Lissa.The Entry has been completed and the world is safe for another day"

Lissa started to cry."That's not happy!" she said quietly.The Highest put his hand on lissa's shoulder.Lissa turned and pushed the hand off her shoulder."I'm going to move my stuff up into the Death Room".Lissa then ran out of the room and down the stairs into the Lunch hall.Shiro and With were talking on the far wall.Shiro was leaned against a wall and With was standing infront of him.
Shiro looked over noticing lissa run down the stairs.She had a worried yet very sad look on her face.With shook her head."Forget her Shiro she's not having a normal day."Shiro stood up and started tword Lissa.
Lissa looked over seeing Shiro made her feel sick to her stomach.A flash back of him laying at the bottom of the cavern went through her head.She dropped to her knees and started crying.
Shiro Gasped when he saw her lean down tword the floor he started running trying to get past all the other people."Lissa!" he tried running faster "Say something!" he got to her and dropped down trying to move her so he could see if she was still Alive."Lissa please!" he couldn't move her even a little.It was like she was frozen like that and bolted to the floor."Lissa are you alright?!" shiro hugged her and started crying into the back of her shirt."Please Lissa stay with me."
With grabbed Shiro and pushed him back."Lissa you listen to me.Whats wrong?" she kneeled down and put her hand on lissa's back."Shiro...." many tears hit the floor under lissa's face.She was crying very hard "Shiro I love you" Lissa continued to cry and planted her face into the hard ground "Please don't leave me!Ever..." Shiro dropped to his knees and crawled over to lissa."Of course not Lissa" he tried his best to hold back his tears "I will always be here with you." he hugged her and felt her body slowly sink into his chest.She was so happy he had said that.She then quickly fell asleep.Lissa hadn't gotten much sleep since they had been here.The highest made his way down the stairs seeing Lissa sleeping in shiros Lap and shiro crying over her."Child."the highest said down to Shiro "Take the girl up stairs and into the death room.There are some fresh beds layed out and we have removed the unsafe objects." He turned his attention to With standing next to Shiro."And you...go fetch a warm washcloth from the kitchen.Bring it up to shiro and let him handle it.Do not take any of this matter into your hands." With nodded and ran off tword the kitchen.Shiro looked up at the hghest "What happened to her?" he demanded to know."She has seen something horrible and will now be haunted by it forever.Come by my office tomorrow if you would like to know more..." shiro could sense a smirk on the highests face looking down on him.Shiro tried to lift lissa only being able to drag her by lifting under her arms and pulling her backwards.
As soon as he made it into the death room he put Lissa into a bed and With handed him the washcloth and ran off.Shiro put the washcloth on Lissa's forehead."It's going to be alright." he whispered.Lissa smiled "Shiro don't you ever leave this life without me." she held his hand tightly.Shiro nodded "I promise Lissa."
Sign up to rate and review this story