Categories > Original > Drama > The Dark Cavern (A Cloakman's Tale)

Crying at Night (Chapter Ten)

by MaxalinDarkness 0 reviews

Lissa finds out More then she would like to know

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror - Published: 2006-02-04 - Updated: 2006-02-04 - 1097 words

0Unrated
That night Lissa lay in her bed she couldn't fall asleep.Seeing Shiro laying at the bottom of the cavern made her sick, and the death room didn't help it at all.The walls marked in blood spatter and Scrapes from all the people trying to get out.She feared this room the most but if it would help her and Shiro live through Deaths Come she would sleep there every night.Her thoughts were disturbed by a small whineing and scrapeing comeing from Shiro's side of the room."Shiro Quiet down" she whispered to him looking over at his bed.But it wasn't shiro.He was asleep in his bed looking tword her.She sat up and saw a small child about the age of six sitting next to a wall scratching against the blood covered wall.She was very scared at that moment.The child continued whining and scratching at the wall."What are you doing in here little one?" she whispered trying not to sound scared or wake Shiro.The child stopped scratching and sat looking blankley at the wall.Lissa stared at the child hoping it would answer.The child slowly turned his head to look over his shoulder.His eyes were missing and blood was spewing about from his eye sockets and down his cheeks.Lissa screamed and shiro quickly sat up.The child dissappeard and the next thing lissa felt was her brothers embrace."Lissa!" he cried "Please wake up"Lissa was confused.She was laying in bed.Shiro looked up at her.His face covered in tears."It was...a dream..." she said quietly.Shiro hugged her tightly."Lissa are you alright? You were screaming." Shiro said quietly."Shiro there was a kid he was so small and he wore blue pajama pants there was a green stripe down the side and his eyes were gone and he seemed so sad" Lissa explained.Shiro shook his head."Lissa it's okay."shiro said to her."It was just a nightmare." he stood up and walked back to his bed and sat on the side."go back to sleep..." he fell over into his pillow and closed his eyes.Lissa was very scared now.She turned over in her bed to face the wall and over the edge of the bed peeked the child with no eyes.Lissa was so scared it wasn't funny.She didn't scream for the child had the sadest look on his face.He took her rabbit off the bed and ran off in the room with it.Lissa sat up "Bring that back you little monster!" she insisted.She threw her feet over the side of the bed and stood up.The child sat in a corner and hugged the rabbit close."Give it here!" she held out her hand walking over to the child."Please mommy don't hurt me!" he screamed and he then fell over in pain as if he had just been smacked hard enough to knock him over.Lissa gasped then knelt down next to the child picking him up and holding him close."Are you alright?" she rocked him slowly.The child started to cry and more blood rushed out of his eye sockets.Lissa stood up picking the rabbit up off the floor."It is alright child" she whispered and sat down on the edge of her bed "Everything will be okay." the small boy sniffled up at lissa."Now what is your name?" Lissa asked him trying to calm the child."Sh...shiro highland" the child said quietly.Lissa was in shock.He couldn't be the same shiro Highland that lissa knew. She felt her head getting lighter and passed out on her bed.
Shiro rocked lissa to wake her up.Lissa opened her eyes.She was hanging over the side of the bed on her back.She sat up and saw the child sleeping on her lap."Shiro can't you see this child?" she asked shiro who was standing next to her."Child?That's your rabbit...remember?Lissa his name is Krai."Shiro looked confused.Lissa shook the sleeping child slightly."Wake up we have to get to class."
"Lissa..."shiro tried to ignore her talking to Krai."Why are you clothes stained with blood?" shiro pointed at her shirt.The blood was from when the child started to cry.
Lissa walked down the hall holding the small child that was known as Shiro down the hall.With walked up next to her "Lissa where's your brother and why do you got a toy rabbit holding your hand down the hallway?" Lissa held her books in one arm and Shiro was smiling walking down the hall holding the rabbit in his arms."With this is a child and Shiro said he had to go ask siver some things." Lissa growled."you say so Liss" With Shruged and walked off to talk to Kaitos.Lissa looked down at the small Shiro "So why are you here?" she asked.The boy looked up at Lissa and frowned."My mommy keeps telling me this is where I will die and she locks me in my bedroom.Why do you sleep in my bedroom lady?" Shiro asked quietly.Lissa was feeling very disturbed hearing everyword coming from the mouth of the child."I was assigned to that bedroom." she shook her head "tell me more about you living in that room..." Shiro sat down on the floor and lissa crouched down next to him to listen."I don't have a bed and all I hear at night are the voices of people and the screams." he then went into a whisper and looked at lissa very sadly "One time Mommy locked a crazy man in there with me.and he screamed a lot and he would always tell me why they put him in the room was wrong." Lissa gasped and wondered if this really was shiro as a child.Why wouldn't he have told her is all that kept running through lissa's mind."Lady you are like my big sister" he hugged her "I always wanted a sister."Blood started staining her clothes again."Shiro come on I want you to sit with a friend of mine for a bit so I can go find one of my friends..." she lifted the small child and walked over to With "watch him for a sec I'll be right back." With stood with the rabbit laying on the floor."Lissa is such a dork..." she then walked off with Kiatos Leaving the rabbit behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story