Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Listeners

The Listeners

by natzlovesyou 4 reviews

"Hey Paul..." I muttered as I playfully touched the ends of his mowhawk with my fingers. "Wut?" He muttered. "Do you think we'll ever have a 'big break'?" I asked softly. The truth was, I was sc...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-02-26 - Updated: 2008-02-27 - 1518 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

My footsteps where mufled by the striped, knee-high, rainbow-colored socks as I walked towards the door. I gazed into the peephole to see Paul's greek profile, his slender body, his back straight as a pole, with his bass guitar held securely to it by a strap of black leather. His face was facing downwards, his short, sandy hair fighting gravity in a mowhawk. His simple black jeans hung loosely around his thin legs, his toned arms and chest where not exposed but they were easy to identify under the thin white shirt. He had a wooden rosary hanging around his neck that looked quite odd next to his multiple cartilage piercings.
I opened the door and didn't bother saying hello since we'd seen each other just an hour ago.
"Your room?" I heard the words in that low, and paused tone of voice of his. I think the first time I talked to him when we were small was because of his voice. I used to think that everything sounded so much better if he said so, and I still do. Not that that's a good thing, he knows the power of conviction he has in his hands and although he doesn't use it too often, he still /does/.
"No, Hanna's home". Paul groaned.
"I know..."
My sister Hanna isn't really that annoying. In fact, she's not annoying at all, the thing is she asked Paul once or twice and he, in a very sweet way, told her no. I was there when it happened, so I can vouch for him. Ever since, anytime Hanna and Paul are in the same room, there's bound to be awkwardness. And the last thing we needed was awkwardness in band reunion.
"Did you talk to John?" I asked Paul as I lighted my cigarrette.
"No, he has his cellphone off"
"Great...Really awesome. They're always late when we have band reunion"
"I bet you'd be late too if it wasn't in your house" Paul pointed out. I threw him a dirty glance,
"Not the point, Paul" He made a face as I threw the smoke in short puffs.
"What?"
"You know I don't approve your smoking. That thing's going to kill you. Plus, it makes you smell horribly."
"No they don't" I screeched like an overprotective mother. Paul was mistreating my baby: no one messes with my cigs.
"They do too. As if you were some devil that escaped the Underworld and came to damn us"
"Oh honey, you've discovered me!" I screamed in between laughs. Paul didn't.
"Come on, Paul! Don't be such a bitch"
He rolled his eyes and unzipped the cover of his deep metallic blue bass,
"I still don't get the difference from being here or in your room..."
"That she has an easy access to my room"
"Oh" Paul said as he started strumming the chords.
"Let's play that new song...the nameless one..." I said, tugging his shirt playfully.
His hazel eyes locked with my brown ones and he nodded in approval. He caressed the chords lightly and I closed my eyes to feel them near to my heart,
" Oh what's the good of- of living without a name?
What's the point of walking the streets with no purpose?
How can you breath when there's no reason behind each intake?
I ask...
Is it living at all?
Oh baby, where do I belong?
Darling, is this really alright?
Where do we, oh where do we stand?
I...I feel like choking
There's...
There's no more air, I swear...
Words are failing, pulse is rising...
And still there is no...
There is no...
No one will to guide me through
"
Paul continued to play random chords...there wasn't much point to it, though, since we needed John and Thom. My cellphone vibrated in between my breasts and I pulled it out. The screen read /Thomas Lewis/.
"Where the fuck are you, you little midget?" I asked disaproovingly.
"We ran out of gas, we're getting to your place, though"
"Fine just...don't brake any laws...there's no money to pay your speeding tickets this time"
"Whatever T" He snapped back and hanged up.
Paul raised his eyebrows instantly, demanding an explanation.
"No gas" I told him. He sighed and placed his bass on the wood table in front of us. I stood up from the cold floor in which we were sitting and stretched in the couch we were using to rest our backs instead.
"Hey Paul..." I muttered as I playfully touched the ends of his mowhawk with my fingers.
"Wut?" He muttered.
"Do you think we'll ever have a 'big break'?" I asked softly.
The truth was, I was scared shitless. We were going to start Warped and since my parents didn't approve of my pursung odf the musical biz that meant that I had no home to return to. I wasn't planning on going to collegue just yet and it's not like my parents had enough money to pay for one anyways. Their plan was to get me to work somewhere and gain enough money to study a career that was relatively cheap and gave me a lot of income fast so that I could continue studying and support them as well. My father worked his ass off, I can't deny him that. But he loved to spend money in frivolous stuff and ever since my youngest sister was born he wasn't allowed to. My mom couldn't work at the moment because Dahlia tends to get sick a lot and it is a lot cheaper if mom looks after her than a nanny.
So if our career really went downwards I didn't have anything to rely upon. Paul's family is loaded and they don't really care much about what he decides to do anyway. I think the only sane person in that family is him and Mario, the dog.
John and Thom's family, (they're half brothers on their mother's side) have the support of their mom and a fund to go to school whenever they want to, so they're okay with everything too.
I'm the one that's terrified of failure. I've always been like this...
"If I didn't then I wouldn't be here, Tanith" He responded as he closed his eyes.
I believed him. Paul, he wasn't the kind of guy to do something impulsive too often. He made the right decisions, he thought them over. He didn't speak the first thing that came to his mind, he often stayed silent before responding. People sometimes forget the beauty of waiting. I can't do that myself, that's why I admire Paul. It's not like I'd like to be him, I'd never want to do the things he does sometimes...but that fact that he's able to pull them off and act a certain way makes me feel proud and jealous...
I'm a weird person.
We heard steps and then an obnoxious ring of the doorbell. Hanna's head popped from the second floor's stairs,
"Tell your bandmates to shut it I have biology exam tomorrow" She pleaded and went back to her room. I walked to the door and stepped back as I opened it, Thom and John almost fell to the floor.
"HIYAS T!" They shouted in unison. Those two, they sometimes acted like twins.
"You are late" I groaned as they ran to the kitchen, took a soda from the fridge and ran to where Paul was.
"Dude, I already checked out the bus! The bunks are cozy and the kitchen has enough places to keep things without them falling everywhere...and the bathroom is big enough" John started explaining. I propped myself next to him and tugged the end of his shirt,
"Does it have a /shower/?" I asked in a pleading voice. He put an arm around my shoulders, "Sorry sweetheart. Unless you consider a toilet a shower..."
I sighed. I knew it wouldn't have a shower, there was no point in asking something so moronic.
"When are we leaving?" Paul asked John.
"Tomorrow at...six thirty. They're picking us all up at your place since it's in route"
Paul nodded and I slid away from John's arm and sat on the wood table facing Paul, "Can I sleep at your place?"
Thomas whistled, "Geez, you're going to have the whole summer for that, fellas!"
"Shaddap midget" I snapped at him without taking my puppy eyes away from Paul's.
"Mom loves to have you there..." He replied.
"THANKS!" I threw my arms around him and continued to listen to the rest of the details John had to explain. Tomorrow promised to be an entertaining day to say the least.


This is just an introduction my loved ones!! Sorry it doesn't have much happening....It took me about a week to write this chappie...And I still don't like it...it seems dull but I realized I needed to explain a lot before continuing,I promise next chapters won't be so saturated with details as this one!

Keep on reading, please!
AND....REVIEW REVIEW REVIEWW!!!
You can RATE too!!
BUT REVIEW MOOORE!
Sign up to rate and review this story