Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Listeners

Hip-High Troubles

by natzlovesyou 2 reviews

...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-02-27 - Updated: 2008-02-28 - 2024 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

"Tanith how come you're not /dressed/?" Paul said as he barged into the room and noticed that the only thing wrapping my body was a thin towel.
"PAUL GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" I hissed pushing him out of the guest room and locking the door. You see, Paul isn't the smartest person in the morning...
I inserted my legs delicately inside the ripped black leggings, slipped into a forget-me-not blue short with a little golden chain that was tipped to the side and fell to my knees and a slightly oversized and faded Marylin Monroe shirt. I placed my feet into the old school converse and took my zebra printed oversized bag from the bed I had already arranged.
I opened the door and went down the stairs, there was an obnoxious honking outside. I walked out Paul's front door and realized the horn was our bus'. I jumped two steps at a time and almost fell to the floor as the bus started.
"Is it always going to be like this, T?" Thom joked from the couch.
"Well, I would've been right on time if Paul hadn't barged in on me when I was about to get dressed!" I complained, throwing myself beside Thom.
"He /did/?" John asked, impressed.
"Yeah, but he's such a sleepy head he probably doesn't even remember. He's sleeping now, isn't he?"
Thom and John nodded. "Went to the bunks right away" I heard one of them say as I walked to the bunks myself, carrying my bag with me. Paul had collapsed in the lower bunk on the left, our luggage thrown in the middle of the "room". I noticed the other lower bunk was taken by Thom and the upper one by John.
"Great..." I mumbled. I walked up to Paul and kicked him in the leg.
"What the fuck?!" He yelled into the pillow.
"That's for walking in on me, moron!" I yelled as I left the bunks and walked to the kitchen. I heard Paul argue something about lack of sleep and my being violent as I sat on the kitching counter, watching John fumble in the kitchen.
"Do we have to buy stuff or is it already full?" I asked innocently.
"The company provided us with...what did they call it? Ah, /essentials/. Which were everything but eatable...so mother dearest pimped our kitchen up."
"Which means, stuffed it with healthy food so we had to shop again and now we're so full that I can't find anything"
I laughed at the foolishness of it all and jumped off the counter to help in the search of the missing Lucky Charms.
"AHA!" Thom yelled triumphantly, raising the red box with the yellow letters on his right hand. "Who wants to keep out treasure?"
"ME!" Yelled John.
"Off with your head! NO pirate would ever dream of keeping the treasure!" Thom retorted. We continued laughing as we served the cereal into bowls. Soy milk for myself and whole milk for the guys.
"Should we wake Paul up?" Thom asked, his mouth full of the heavenly goodness.
I punched his arm in disgust and then replied, "Unless you want to be beaten up...He'll wake up around noon"
"How come you know him so well?" John asked, clearly interested.
"We've been friends for a long, long, long time..." I smiled.
"You dated, right?" John inquired, leaning closer as if my response should be kept secret.
I nodded without breaking eye contact. John leaned back, "Ha, I knew it!" He mumbled triumphantly.
"I wasn't so hard to figure that out, Johny boy" Thom laughed at his brother.
"SHUT UP! I CAN'T SLEEP!" Paul yelled from the bunk area.
We all laughed and I was secretly thankful that the interrogation had ended.

I heard the last of the agonizing chords of the band that was playing before us. I had just finished my warm ups when I heard Paul calling my name. I ran to where the guys were and we started doing jumping up and down and stretching. A camera flew our way and a woman with bleached hair, blue and yellow shorts and a white white beater came our way.
She showed us her 'STAFF' credential to us and then asked, "So this the way you guys warm up?"
"Yeah, it's our way of pumping up before a show" Thom explained in between jumps.
"Isn't it a bit...mundane?" The woman asked in a venomous tone.
"Well, there ought to be something normal to contrast the bizarre and un-wordly, right?" Paul replied rapidly as we started walking to the stage. I gripped my guitar enthusiastically and noticed the woman smiling in a surprised way. I hugged the guys before walking up the stage and plugging our instruments.
I smiled at the crowd and strummed my guitar slowly, a few seconds after the guys followed me and blended in, the bass and drums turning aggressive as I walked to the mic and wrapped my arms around it like a lover before yelling into it in my punk screams.
"Baby can't you hear my screaming?
Doesn't it TEAR your heart apart?
Don't you miss my smoking?
The way I'd tease you when you laughed?
Yeah Yeah YEAH!

Well there's no turning back,
You decided to kick me out the door.
It's not like I'm the one in pain now.
RIGHT?
It's you who's life is upside down.

What can I tell you darling?
There's not much that could safe you anyway.
It's just you and your mourning.
That's what you get when you play with my heart...

Well there's no turning back,
You decided to kick me out the door.
It's not like I'm the one in pain now.
RIGHT?
It's you who's life is upside down.

I can't deny what's amusing.
You've sinked in deep shit now.
It's all up to your hip now, and there's no way I can safe now.
Remember I'm the troubled one, honey, and I'm not meant to fuck other lides.
You told me that before leaving me,
You said you'd never missed me the second we were apart.
But guess what? Things didn't go your way.
I'm better than I'd ever be with you by my side.
I don't feel like crying, I feel like screaming out loud...

Well there's no turning back,
You decided to kick me out the door.
It's not like I'm the one in pain now.
RIGHT?
It's you who's life is upside down.

IT'S ALL UPSIDE
UPSIDE
UPSIDE
DOWN!
"
I swallowed hard as I left the guys scream the final 'Upside's and strummed the end of the song. The crowd cheered and I took this time to assemble the little chain that united my lip piercing with my the ring on my left ear.
"One of my favourite things of going to shows is the mass vibration you feel when the crowd screams their lungs out...It pumps you up. Let me hear you cheer us in our first Warped Tour EVER!" The crowd yelled so hard I almost fell on my butt.
"Damn, you've got some energy today. I promise we won't let you down either!" I jumped hard on the stage as the drums for our next song kicked in.

"Shhhit! That was so /awesomeee/!" I yelled like a japanese anime girl in a high-pitched tone as I towel-dryed my hair from all of the sweat it had accumulated from jumping up and down on stage.
"I knooww!" Thom said excitedly, with a big grin on his face.
"I loved it when they all started doing mass crowd surfing and then sang the chorous back to us...I can't believe kids from our hometown came all the way here!" John all but yelled.
Paul had his bass to his back and was walking slowly to the bus, his energy levels and hyperactivity were so low you could've said he was coming from a funeral. But we knew better. Paul turned into this monkey maniac on stage and he released all of his energy there. As a result, the rest of the day was passed like a zombie.

We climbed into the bus after watching the rest of the bands performing. I heard a potent voice screaming,
"AAAANNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSWWWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!" Which indicated someone was calling Paul. I ran to the phone and pressed the tiny green button and pressed the phone to my ear.
"How was your first show Paul?" A voice asked throught the speaker, not bothering with hello's.
"Oh hey Frankie" I greeted him. I've never actually seen Frankie, nor have I had a serious conversation with him, but since I answer most of Paul's calls 'cause he tends to otherwise ignore his phone we've created a 'bond'. Which means I answer the phone, we say hello's and then goodbye's and things in between to fill the time it took me to get Paul to answer the phone. A pretty damn strong bond I should say.
"Our show was simply awesome!" I stated eagerly. "Although Paul's pretty much drained...as always" I kidded as I followed Paul to the bunk area.
"No kidding" Frank replied sarcastically. His voice sounded drained as well, maybe he'd been working too much. Paul complained about how his friend overdid it and was then tired for hours on end. They were so much alike in that sense!
"Here's your phone, love. It's Frankie" I received a nod in exchange of my services and a very polite swish of the hand that clearly said 'get the fuck out of here, please. Pretty please?" I sighed as I left the room and heard Paul talk animatedly with dear Frankie. I rolled my eyes as I closed the door behind me.
"Jealous?" I heard Thom ask me as I walked towards them.
"Oh yes, totally!" I replied sarcastically as I fumbled for a towel.
"What are you looking for?" John asked.
"A towel, I'm gonna take a shower..."
"Oh yeah....and where exactly?" Thom asked in mocking curiousity.
"Shit"
"You can always use the public showers..." Carlos, our driver, said. "We're not getting on the road until tomorrow, so..."
"Thanks C" I replied cheerfully as I took my zebra printed bag to the bunk area, interrumpting Paul's conversations as I searched for clothes in my bag.
I heard him cough. I ignored him and threw in the things I was looking for. I reached down the bed and pulled out my duffle bag and threw it on the zebra printed one as well.
I took my bag with me and jumped out of the bus. I followed Carlos' directions and hummed a tune while I walked steadily.
"Tanith..." I heard the wind call my name as it usually did.
"Tanith!" Hmm, it sounds a bit harder than back at home.
"FUCK IT TANITH!" Okay, definitedly not the wind. I turned around and saw Thom behind me.
"What are you, deaf?" He asked, puffing from running and yelling at the same time.
"Hm...not really" I said with a laugh as I noticed his ripped and thin light blue bathing suit.
"You look like a homeles, Thomas."
"Don't I always?"
"Yes." I sighed, " Let me rephrase that. You need to seriously buy a new bathing suit 'cause I'm not too keen on seeing your balls"
"Gotcha" He smiled. "What's up with this Frank dude? Paul just ran away to meet him. Is he like gay?"
"Who knows? Paul's so complicated to get and so secretive that I wouldn't be surprised..."
Thomas stopped short. He was raised a good old American boy even though he tried to hard to break the mold.
"He's /gay/?"
"No dumbass. Frank's just...his secret"
Thom looked at me in confusion and I continued to laugh as we searched for the showers.


I know, I know I knoowww it was quite long. In fact, you've just read four word pages and eight lines of the fifth one. Yup. I got a little excited. I wand to get the intro part over with so I can get into the real story. Hope you enjoyed it.
REVIEW REVIEW REVIIEEWWW!
Sign up to rate and review this story