Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Secrets

2. Back in black

by littlepunkrocker13 2 reviews

Kelsey shows at Frank's house for years later...with a kid

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-28 - Updated: 2008-02-29 - 983 words

0Unrated
Please be easy on me, I don't have very good english for I am not american, so please be patient with my grammar.

****************
It was almost four years since Kelsey left. She said she went off to college to another state, about six weeks after Ray's birthday. We never heard from her again. She was my best friend, and I really missed her, but since she broke with Gerard I was happy. Because she left what I always wanted for myself. Yeah, I earned I loving, caring boyfriend.

As i thought about all this things the doorbell rang. Very weird, because it was a bit late for anyone to come visit, so I figured out it was Gerard. I made my way to the front door of my apartment, and I was totally shocked by what I saw.

"Hi Frankie." She gave me the most inocent smile I had seen on her, I could tell she was happy to see me.
"Kelsey?! What are you doing here?!" I blurted out.
"Well I..." She was interrupted by a little boy at the end of the hall that ran towards her and jumped in her arms.
"Mommy look, it's raining!" The little boy said pointing at the window in the hall. Wait. Did he say...
"Mommy?!" I asked in shock. Kelsey have me an ashamed look and turned to the kid.
"Hey sweetie, why don't you go to the entrance of the building and ask the nice lady at reception for a candy?" She said in a sweet, maternal voice. God, she sounded more grown up, she wasn't the crazy hyper punk girl that I knew.
"Ok mommy" He ran to the end of the hall and disappeared when he turned left. She waited until he was gone and then she turned to me with a serious look on her face. She left out a long sight.
"I have a lot to explain to you, Frankie, but please just let us come in so we can talk." When se said that I noticed she was not looking at me, just at the floor.
"Okay, but who is that boy?"
"He is...my son. His name is Luke, he is four years old." I nodded and when Luke came back with a lollypop on his hand, I let them into my small apartment. We came in and closed the door behind me.
"Cool" Said Luke as he jumped to the couch.
"Mommy I'm sleppy." He said yawning. At that moment it seemed to me he looked like Gee when he did that.

I let Kelsey to go lie Luke on my bed, and five minutes later she came back.
"He's asleep." She said as she took the seat next to me in the couch.
I looked up at her. She could be a mother now, and act all grown up, but she still looked physically (how do you spell that?) the same. Her bright blue eyes where shinny, and where half covered by hair that fell into her face once in a while. Her hair was still the same, done in layers, with the tips and her bangs colored purple, while the rest was it's natural brown.
She sighted, and began her explanation.
"Do you remember what happened the night of Ray's party?" She asked slowly, and I slightly nodded.
"Frank, you where drunk. So in your attempt to fuck Gerard, I guess you confused him with me, because I turned out pregnant." She looked down, tears in her eyes.
"I didn't want to ruin it for you, so I left with the excuse to go to college. You loved Gee, and he loved you, besides you got the band. A kid would've totally ruined you." More tears fell faster as I pulled her into a tight hug.
"Please don't hate me." She sobbed into my chest.
"Oh Kelsey, I could never hurt you."

After she calmed down, we resumed our previous conversation.
"So the kid, it's mine?" I asked her.
"I actually don't know. It can be yours or Gerard's. Both of you got some of me that night. But I really don't care to find out."
"Okay, but why are you here? Did you came just to tell me all this?" I asked nervously.
"Not really. You see Frank, my parents stopped being supportive on me when I told them I was pregnant, and I haven't made any friends in these four years, just two people that are close to me from college." I nodded in order to tell her to continue.
"But the point is, I have a huge job in store for me as a journalist in a very known magazine, but I need to leave to England with some work partners. I begged them to let me bring Luke with me, but they didn't let me. I was hoping..." She looked at the floor after saying that. "Would you take care of him while I am gone? You are the only person that can do this!" I blinked. Me, taking care of a little boy? Kelsey looked up at me waiting for my answer.
"When and for how long are you leaving?" I asked her.
"I leave tomorrow at mid-day and come back in two weeks." Two weeks. I could do that, for Gerard was out of town in New York for three weeks, and he had left today.
"Alright. I'll do it." She have me a huge smile and gave me a tight hug.
"Thank you so much Frank, you saved me!" I smiled and hugged her back.
"Okay now go to sleep, you have a plane to take tomorrow." She gave me a kiss in the cheek and left for my room where Luke was sleeping. I told her she could sleep there and I would take the couch. The next two weeks where going to be highly interesting.
Sign up to rate and review this story