Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Brothers In Arms

Brothers In death

by Shank 0 reviews

The awaited fight between the two brothers

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Orochimaru - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-03-01 - Updated: 2008-03-02 - 1827 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sakon and Ukon stood off against each other, ready to fight this one out, not like their match in the Chuunin Exams though, a personal and emotional fight where they would really go all out against their sibling rival to prove which one was truly better. Ukon was so pent up with anger he was growling, Sakon chose to hold back his emotion and appear calm, even though he felt like letting off a little steam. Sakon was always thinking and even now he decided he would play a strategy, even though they hadn’t even started fighting yet. He stood up and smiled, “Are you sure you want to fight me Ukon? Have you already forgotten I put you in the hospital last time.” This definitely hit the spot and Ukon charged in a fit of rage in response to the comment Sakon just made. The fight was more animalistic than ninja and they both fought with such passion they were not even thinking about strategy at that time. Ukon had a lot more anger and adrenaline running through him at the time and used it to his advantage in which to work Sakon into a series of blocks and get a grip on his wrists and hurl him into a nearby tree. Sakon had definitely been bested in this bout and knew he would have to slow things down and make some distance between the two. He couldn’t beat Ukon at brawling like this and he needed to start thinking like a ninja. He had managed to manoeuvre himself in midair to soften some of the impact he had against the tree he was thrown into, but it was still enough to shatter the tree and send bits of wood flying everywhere. Sakon had to concentrate though and get ready for the next bout with his brother; Ukon was going on anger alone and would have to leave an opening at some stage.
Sakon once again threw a smoke bomb to the floor and used the opportunity to conceal himself among the trees and bushes around them. Ukon remembered the Chuunin exam and how Sakon had used the smoke bomb before to outsmart him and didn’t jump straight through it this time-instead he chose to hide as well. In the darkness of the woods they were in, it could have been some time before they found each other. Sakon had an idea he thought, he was confident it would work as he did know his brother very well and wasn’t overly obvious of a plan to be countered by his brother. Sakon sent out an obvious clone to stand in the open. All the surrounding trees and bushes had a clear view and Sakon knew Ukon could see this. When a figure of Ukon came out of the bushes to attack Sakon’s clone, Sakon smiled as his plan was going well so far. Kunai were sent flying out of the trees and hit the figure of Ukon directly, confirming Sakon’s beliefs that it wasn’t really Ukon, but a clone. Upon seeing where the kunai came from, Ukon left his real hiding spot and zoomed through the trees to the spot where Sakon’s kunai had come from. When he got there though, he realised it was a trap and he had just been caught in it. Sakon had remembered the last test they just had and how Ukon rushed straight into a fight when he saw where they had thrown their kunai from. He had also set up his own way of throwing it without even being anywhere near that site and Ukon couldn’t prepare himself for Sakon to come out and connect a giant gattling punch to his face and send him crashing through the lower branches and to the floor of their fighting ground.
Sakon stood confidently, hiding the wounds that he had already sustained from his fight so far with his brother. “Like I said Ukon, are you sure you should be fighting me?” Ukon stood up and readied himself for another attack. Ukon threw some kunai at Sakon and when he easily dodged them, he came in to press the attack. Sakon was pumped for a fight now and was enjoying himself now, “This is fun isn’t it Ukon?” Ukon didn’t answer and didn’t look like he was having fun. He was coming at Sakon with some savage attacks, but none of them were able to connect and neither could find an opening against each other so they jumped away from each other to make some distance and recollect themselves. As Sakon caught his breath a feeling came over him, like the one in the Chuunin exams. He looked around him but saw nothing. It was Ukon who would look more confident now, “My backup plan has arrived I see.” Sakon didn’t know what he was talking about and stared blankly at his brother. A shadow began to appear next to Ukon, one that bought a lot of fear into Sakon. The shadow coiled around like a snake and formed a body; the person that was standing next to Ukon was terrifying. “Who have you bought to help you Ukon?”
“This is my new master Orochimaru and I have agreed to sell my soul to him when he helps me kill you.” Sakon was still acting calm, but this was no ordinary ninja he was up against, he was definitely something else and very powerful. He and his brother together couldn’t beat this ninja. “So you need help to beat me Ukon? Why would your new master want someone weak?” Ukon didn’t like this comment but shrug it off as he was now in the advantage. Sakon looked at Orochimaru who smiled, “Your brother is right Ukon. Why should I take you on if you are weak?” Ukon looked at his new master in shock as he was now being betrayed already. He took a swing at Orochimaru and connected a powerful punch, but it wasn’t the real Orochimaru. The mud replacement of this extraordinary ninja melted till it was a pile of mud. “You have no help Ukon, fight me yourself.” He was definitely in his brothers head and it seemed their fight was far from over.
Then they both heard something in the trees, one of the remaining two man teams had come across their battle and came down to interrupt. “What are you two doing? You must stop”. Sakon was ready to oblige even though he wanted to continue, but Ukon didn’t seem to want to listen. The two man team then readied themselves to take physical action against the two fighting brothers but didn’t get the chance. In a flash, someone had come from the trees and sliced both of them up before they could realise what was going on. Orochimaru had used a speed like no other and a blade so strong it seemed to cut through them easily. Orochimaru returned to his hiding and Sakon grasped something. This Orochimaru guy was watching them fight and enjoying it, he wanted to make sure nobody stopped it. He was definitely getting a good show, the future of the village in a death match with each other, knowing the others abilities and style.
In his thinking, Ukon pursued an attack, “Your opponent is me Sakon!” Sakon watched as his brother threw some kunai at him, which he had to duck to avoid getting it. Sakon looked behind him to see that one of the kunai he dodged had an exploding tag on it and he didn’t have enough time to move. He hadn’t expected something like this from his brother and was caught in the explosion. It sent him hurling away through the air and Ukon had lined up a finishing blow to end the fight. When Sakon caught the fist aimed at him, Ukon began trying to merge with his brother and take control of his insides. This could have been successful if Sakon hadn’t already made the necessary arrangements and covered his whole arm and lower stomach with some armour he had made himself from bark and wood. In Ukon’s surprise, Sakon launched an array of attacks. Some were blocked, some were dodged and some were countered, Sakon then realised his brother should have been stopping more of his shots and once again backed up to make some distance. Ukon smiled an evil smile and laughed at his brother, “You had me in a tough spot again but aren’t following through.” Sakon was quite tired from the last attack and when he saw his brother charging at him, he didn’t know if he was going to last this time. He knew he was safe from being merged with as he had taken the precaution and put the armour on when he was hiding before. He was too tired to make a quick decision or react and had one of Ukon’s kunai plunged straight into his heart.
Ukon had believed himself to be victorious in the fight with Sakon until he found that it was only a replacement he had stabbed. Ukon realised he had gone into another trap set by his brother and before he knew it, Sakon latched onto his back and placed an explosion note in Ukon’s body. Ukon scrambled frantically to get it out of him and managed to do that but not long after he threw it away, it blew up, catching him in the radius and sending him crashing to the floor dead in that instant. Sakon was also caught in this and was almost knocked unconscious on the impact with the ground. The match was now clearly over and Sakon had won, but at what cost. He lay on the floor looking at his brothers lifeless body and how mangled it was from the explosion and thought how he had managed to win the fight. He had remembered Ukon saying in the Chuunin exam and just before that he would never stop given the opportunity to end the fight and when he had done that, the trap Sakon had set slipped past him, leaving him vulnerable to be killed. As Sakon dazedly looked at his brother, he wondered what he was going to do, he had to go home and tell his parents, his village that he and his brother had fought to the death and his body lay in the woods in pieces. How could he live with himself knowing what he did to his brother? Before he blacked out, he saw somebody come out of the bushes. Orochimaru was smiling very widely, Sakon wanted to kill this man if he physically could, he had got the show he wanted and now they were both the victims of it. Sakon slowly but surely, blacked out.
Sign up to rate and review this story