Categories > Original > Drama > The streets are dark

2

by shorty 0 reviews

here's the next bit

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-02-05 - Updated: 2006-02-05 - 606 words

0Unrated
(ooc: hey there! hope hope u liked the first bit and it didn't make u wanna smash up ur computer in disgust ^.^;! Anyways here's the next part)


Where are you? Inside the club I shove and squeeze past the shabby looking people who hover about in this noisy, dimly lit room, with hungry expressions on their broken faces that they are trying in vain to conceal. Damn it where are you?
Then my eyes catch sight of her, smiling I realise that after all this time she hasn't changed, her smile, her laugh it's exactly the same one which illuminates my dreams. I see her standing there an angel among demons, a saint among sinners. My angel of mercy surrounded by demons who you drown in your glorious light. Oh my angel of mercy turn around and see me! She turns, she's seen me and for a frozen moment your deep, deep green gaze pins me down. Your startled green eyes readily swallow me, I know that I can't fight it and I have no desire to fight it! My angel already I can feel you lighting my existence and exorcising the darkness from my weary, broken body! You're lifting me higher than I have ever gone in my life! Yet an illusion can only remain for so long. You gaze shatters and crumbles and in that instant you can no longer lift me, so I fall. Down past the streets I plummet, past hell, past darkness. My angel of mercy you let them drown you. My angel among demons, no longer an angel. You gave them your light; you stand not beside Saline's girls but as one of them. The streets have won and now they've taken you and with it the last of me falls and dies!
She moves towards me but a fallen angel cannot fly, the crowd are hungry for you and you can't leave them so unsatisfied! No, stay where you are because I am now in a place where you can't reach. I'm in the deepest of darkness with no hope of redemption.
From within the darkness I get tunnel vision, I have one single purpose now, thank you my angel because of you I shall ensure Saline is punished. In a moment I will be judge, jury and executioner all in one. I prowl towards the door unable to see the snarls from those who I shove to the side. Some of them try weakly to paw back at me but they can't hurt me because I'm too far-gone for that.
The crooked door falls to splinters in my hands and I am welcomed into Saline's office by echoing yells. The tunnel vision won't allow me to see where the yells are coming from but I don't really care because I can see Saline now, he's sitting smugly in his chair. I'll soon fix that smugness though but first I have to fix the yells. The clueless bodyguards attempt to stop me but there slow and cocky, with no thoughts or feelings I send two shots rippling through the office. Despite the yellers being pure muscle they are no match for my steel, that's my muscle! I can't tell if the following screaming is coming from the silence or from those hungry people outside who will have heard the shots. Despite the holes in his two bodyguards, Saline sits behind his gleaming desk looking the picture of arrogant calmness. He's not said a word the whole time. For the first time in years I realise that I'm smiling. Three bullets left each one dedicated to you my fallen angel!
Sign up to rate and review this story