Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

False Hope

by Moonshyne 4 reviews

Barbie made a promise that she broke once she found out who he was.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-04 - Updated: 2008-03-04 - 1475 words - Complete

1Exciting
The four of them jumped when the Gerard’s phone rang. They were still in shock over the whole event.

“Gerard I need for you to get the band together for a call. I need to tell you something,” said a voice from the other end.

“We already know Brian.”

“How you guys holding up?” asked their manager.

“I think we’re still in shock.”

“I’m in Chicago now but I’ll get on the first flight out.”

“We’re here too. We’re at Bob’s.”

“I’ll be right there.”


Back in New Jersey the boys significant others decided to go to the mall as a way to get to know Lynn-Z better. They did all the girl things like shopping for clothes and jewelry. Talking about childhoods and where they grew up. Then the conversation turned to the boys and how much they missed them already. They decided to go get some coffee and walked by a Best Buy.

“Ray needed me to check on a computer game he wanted for Christmas but they were all sold out,” said Christa, Ray’s fiancée.

“I’ll come with I need to stock up on batteries for Mikey’s I-Pod,” said Alicia.

“We’ll wait out here,” said Jamia, Frank’s fiancée.

Christa and Alicia went in and then their separate ways. Christa noticed that the store seemed kind of empty. But it was Tuesday morning after all. She went to the games and they were still out. She went to look for Alicia and noticed a crowd by the tvs. She was scared, because the last time that happened the country was under attack. Was it under attack again? She made her way through the crowd and stood there in shock. She was thankful that the country was safe but her stomach was doing flops just the same. She started to run out and ran straight into Alicia.

“Christa what’s the matter?”

Christa looked up at her friend, “Bob’s missing.”

Alicia looked at Christa and shook her head. “No, that can’t be right.”

“Its all over the news.”

Alicia pulled out her cell and speed dialed Mikey. After three rings her husband answered but not the way he normally answered for her.

“Mikey, Christa heard something on the news. Bob isn’t missing is he?”

“Yeah babe he is. Listen I have to cut this short, the police are here and they want to ask us some questions.”

Bob apartment in a matter of a half hour of Alicia’s phone call became a zoo. Cells were ringing off the hook, police were trampling in and out, Brian Schechter, their manager, was now there. He had everyone redirect all their incoming calls to his cell phone. Within ten minutes there were over a hundred missed calls and voice messages. He scrolled down the list and only returned the ones he thought was necessary and told the band of the ones he thought they might want to return the calls.

Brian was on the phone with Craig Aaronson, the bands AR at Reprise records, while the rest were watching the television intently. Everyone turned to look at the door as they heard the top lock unlocking and the door opening. Everyone held their breath and stared to watch who was coming through the door. It was Katlyn.

The room gave a collective breath out and went back to what they were doing. Brian wrapped his arms around her.

“How you doing hun,” asked the manager.

There were tears in her eyes as she shook her head no. She started crying on Brian’s shoulder.

“He’ll be okay. I know he will.”

“Do you?”

“He’s a fighter besides the whole country is looking for him. It’s just a matter of time.”

Brian let go and Katlyn made her way to the where the band was sitting. She thought for sure she was the last person they wanted to see. Ray was first to get up and put his arms around her.

“I’m so sorry,” she cried. “I never meant to hurt him.”

“Shhh, you’re here now and that’s all that matters.”

“I really do love him you know.”

“We know Kat,” this time it was Frank who was talking. He, Gerard and Mikey got up from the couch and each gave her a hug.

“Any news?” she asked through her tears

“Nothing,” said Gerard.

Kat was naturally pretty she had long brown hair and wore little or no make-up. But standing there with her eyes red and swollen she was barely recognizable.

The five of them sat there watching the coverage but it was all facts about Bob’s life and the robbery and nothing new about what was going on. Brian was trying to get to as many calls as possible. The police were going through some personal items wondering if it all was a set-up or really as random as it seemed.

In Jersey the four woman went home and packed to get on the next plane to Chicago to be with their respective loved ones.


Bob was was uncomfortable in the trunk of the Corolla he was finally able to get to his cell, he took it out and dialed Brian’s number. He knew he was in town today because he wanted to hook up for dinner to discuss some things. Bob could only imagine what some things meant. He pressed 7 and hit enter. He just got voice mail. He tried his parents and got the same. He then tried each of the band and all the results were the same. He was about to call 911 when the trunk opened. He hadn’t even realized the car had stopped.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” asked Barbie.

“Trying to get out of here,” Bob said with no fear.

“Get out.”

As he did, he went to grab her arm and she kicked him in the balls, really hard. She pushed him towards an empty lot and left the car under the ele.

“C’mon.” There was an empty parking lot with only one car. It looked like they were in the south side somewhere near Wahington Park. No one noticed the old beat up car in the nearly vacant neighborhood. This was the third car they have been in the past hour.

“It seems I can’t trust you. Lie down in the back seat.” He did what he was told.

She grabbed the phone and threw it in next to her in the front seat.

Barbie started to talk calmly, “Listen, you weren’t part of the plan. And I feel bad what happened. When I get to my next destination, I’ll lock you in the trunk and an hour later I’ll call the police and tell them where you are with the keys on the trunk.”

Bob just looked at her blankly. But he was relieved it was almost over.

Brian was going through his messages and stopped there were five missed calls from Bob’s cell. Brian speed dialed him and got Bob’s voice message, he then texted him asking where r u?
Brian then turned to the band, Kat and the police and told them he had missed calls from Bob. He tried calling but there was no answer.


Barbie looked at her watch as and finally took out her cell.

“Damn,” she must have shut it off before going into the bank.

She saw that she had five messages, but she didn’t bother with them. She just dialed the number.
“Where the hell have you been!!” shouted the voice from the other end of the phone, “I have been worried sick.”

“Sorry hun I had the phone shut off.”

“You gotta get rid of him.”

“I was planning on doing that when we met up.”

“No you need to get rid of him now. He’s too hot.”

“Kinda of cute but not that hot, unless you’re into the whole caveman thing.”

“I’m glad to see you still have your sense of humor. He’s a drummer for a band.”

She looked at Bob lying in the fetal position on the back seat.

“Take off your sunglasses.”

Bob did what he was told. She knew those blue eyes any where. They were hanging in her sister’s room. Sure he looked different but he still had the blue eyes and the lip ring. She thought for a minute.

“Babe is everything okay?”

“What band?”

The person on the other end was afraid to say it.

“What band!!!?”

He knew she knew why put off the inevitable, “My Chemical Romance.”

She looked at Bob with pure hatred, as she coldly said, “Make room for one more.”
Sign up to rate and review this story