Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

The First Twelve Hours

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

As the police begin their search in earnest, Bob tries to escape. Meanwhile back at the apartment things start to get tense. The record label makes an offering. Bob gets a makeover and is there...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-03-05 - Updated: 2008-03-05 - 1840 words - Complete

1Exciting
Bob looked into her eyes and knew this was far from over. And for the first time he was really scared. He wondered what could have happened in the few minutes between she was going to let him go to the look of pure hatred. They drove for twenty minutes more but it seemed like an eternity then the car stopped.

Barbie got out of the car and ran to a waiting van. Bob was glad she was gone maybe she had changed her mind back.

The man in the van rolled down his window and gave Barbie a deep kiss.

“So what are we going to do with him?” asked the man.

“Bring him with us.”

“There are road blocks all going out of the city and the airports and train stations are being monitored.”

“I figured that.”

“I know we can get past the ones leading out of the city, it’s just how are we going to hide an international rock star.”

“I have to think about it, why don’t we get a hotel room for the night just to lay low.”

“Sounds good. I made room in the van for our illustrious guest.”

She opened the back door of the car and led him out of the car and into the van. The van was loaded to the hilt as if someone was moving.

“If you guys don’t have room, I’ll be on my way.”

“Get in the van,” said Barbie.

They found a sleazy motel close to the city limits and decided it would be the perfect place to stay. Barbie waited in the car while her boyfriend got the room. The were staying in room 9. The boyfriend opened the door as Barbie kept a gun to Bob’s back making sure that he didn’t move. The room had one king size bed with a machine that took quarters to vibrate. The television also was hooked to a machine that took quarters.

“Well this is cozy,” said Bob sarcastically. “I need a smoke.”

“Those things will kill you,” said the boyfriend.

“Yo Ken, you and your girlfriend are holding me at gun point and you’re worried that a smoke is going to kill me?”

“Kenny.”

“What?”

“Kenny, my name is Kenny.”

“Figures. Do I get my smoke or what?”

“I saw a vending maching outside, what kind?”

“Marlboro Lights.”

Barbie came out of the bathroom.

“Don’t sit on the seat unless you cover it in toilet paper,” said Barbie making a disgusting face.

“He wants smokes, there’s a vending machine outside the office.”

“And where does he expect to smoke them?” asked Barbie.

“I’ll go outside, you don’t even have to come with me.”

“You think I’m stupid asshole.”

“What if he has his smoke in the bathroom and blows the smoke out the open window?” asked Kenny.

“I guess,” said Barbie.

“What the fuck I’m not sixteen trying to hide it from my parents.”

“Have you forgotten who holds the guns?”

“You probably don’t even know how to use them?”

Barbie ran a gun down his jaw, then pointed it to his chest, “Do you want to try me?”

Bob swallowed hard.

“I didn’t think so.”

Kenny walked out looking around to see if anyone was paying attention to him and got the cigarettes and matches from the machine. He hurried back and Barbie was sitting on the bed deep in thought.

“Here you go,” Kenny threw the cigarettes and matches at him. Bob went in the bathroom and opened the window. It only opened so far so there was no way he was getting out that way. He sat on the toilet seat and lit the cigarette. After a drag he made a face because it was stale. He hated smokes that came from a machine.

While Bob was in the bathroom having a cigarette, Barbie and Kenny went outside to discuss what their next move was going to be.

“Can you go to the clinic and get something that will put him to sleep, for awhile?”

“I guess.”

“Then I need for you to get temporary hair dye. Black. Make sure it’s temporary, should say on the box that it comes out in like twelve washes. Then get an electric razor that has the trimmer, and scissors and a change of clothes.”

“What are you planning?”

“Hiding him in plain sight.”


Back at Bob’s apartment the love fest had turned very ugly.

“He thought you guys didn’t care anymore, you barely kept in touch with him while you were on tour,” said Kat almost screaming.

“Kat he was freaking out, we didn’t want to upset him any more than he was,” interjected Ray.

“Good job!!”

“And you breaking off with him on his birthday was brilliant,” said Frank.

“He needs help, and you know he won’t get it unless it’s at its worse.”

“Congrats you made it at his worse.”

“You insensitive prick, inviting him to see his replacement on his birthday at the place he got hurt.”

“We thought he was okay with it since he was going to propose that night.”

“What?”

“And if he wasn’t going to put the ring in a safety deposit box he would be here now!!”

Kat looked devastated, was this all really her fault?

“Shut up all of you,” it was Brian. “It doesn’t matter what happened when all that matters is here and now. All that matters is getting him back safe. You all have some apologizing to do. Guys Kat is right that was insensitive.” Brian turned to Katlyn next, “And you, you kicked him when he was down. When it comes to physical stuff yeah Bob waits way too long. But you messed around with his emotions. Craig is flying out tonight. Warner Brothers is putting up a one hundred thousand dollar reward leading to Bob’s safe return. Do you think we can all get along just long enough for a public plea?”

“I’m sorry Brian, I think it’s all getting to us,” said Frank.

Bob finished his cigarette and noticed no one in the hotel room. He saw the picked up the receiver and it was dead. ‘Figures’ he thought to himself. As he was walking away he noticed that it was unplugged. ‘The little bitch doesn’t trust me. Smart girl.’ Bob leaned down and plugged the phone back in and started to dial his land number, as he was about to press the last digit Barbie walked in.

“Drop it. You’re not going to make it easy on yourself.”

“I’m not going to make it easy on you,” said Bob defiantly. Then he lunged at her, she grabbed him kneed him in the stomach then hammered him in the back. He was down in seconds. She stepped on his throat, and looked down at him pointing the gun between his eyes.

“Don’t fuck with me.”

The two sat in the hotel room for the next two hours just staring at anything but each other.

“Can I have my phone?” asked Bob.

“You’re kidding right?”

“I wanted to play a game. I promise I’m not going to call anyone. I just hate being cooped with nothing to do.”

“Do you promise to be a good boy while I get something out of the van?”

He took a quick glance at the phone, “Of course.”

Barbie went over to the phone and took off the receiver and took it with her.

‘Damn’, he thought.

She went out to the van and was looking around Bob thought it was a great opportunity to sneak out. She had her back turned from the door. Bob opened the door and snuck out he got low as he passed the van he was about to stand when he saw a pair of sneakers and heard a voice, “Going somewhere?” asked Kenny.

“Babe I think you lost something,” he cried out to Barbie.

She came flying out of the van. “I can’t leave you alone for two seconds can I?”

“Guess not.”

“I got us all something to eat. Chinese.”

Kenny doled out the food while Barbie stared at Bob with an evil look.

After the three ate, Barbie looked at Kenny and nodded her head.

He took out a needle and jabbed it into a bottle. He filled the needle up a little and then turned to Bob.

Bob didn’t know what to think. It all made sense she was robbing the bank to get their next fix.

“Bob I need for you to go to sleep now,” said Kenny quietly.

Bob just stared at the man, and shook his head no and started screaming. Barbie took a towel from the bathroom and shoved it in his mouth to muffle the screams. He head butted Kenny and and got up to run and he did, right into Barbie’s fist. He heard a snap, he didn’t even have to wait for the blood he knew his nose was broken. She twisted his arm behind him like a cop capturing a criminal and led him to the soul chair in the room. She took out some hand cuffs and cuffed one arm to the chair, took out the gun and pointed it as his temple. “Don’t move.”

Bob was visibly shaking he wondered if he would ever wake up.

“Bob I’m not going to hurt you, I need you to sleep for a while. This isn’t a street drug. I’ll fix your nose while you’re sleeping okay?”

Kenny grabbed his arm and wrapped a rubber band around his wrist and found a nice vein in his hand he stuck the needle in and pushed the drug through and less than a minute later Bob was sleeping. Kenny checked his pulse and breathing and everything seemed good. A half hour later they began their make-over.

Ten o’clock pm CST Gerard Way had a press conference.

“As many of you know, our bandmate. No, our brother was taken away from us at gun point. It’s been twelve hours since he disappeared and our record company has agreed to put up a one hundred thousand dollar reward for his safe return. There will be no questions asked. Bob brother if you can hear me come home to us safely we miss and love you. Thank you everyone for your support during this very difficult time.”

The band, their significant others, Katlyn, Brian and Craig all walked away. There would be no questions.

The message would never get to it’s intended parties. In the sleazy hotel room, Bob now full transformed with short black hair, beard gone along with the lip ring. Sleeping next to him was Kenny who was spooned next to Barbie. He held her tight hoping it will control her sobs.

“It will be okay, Sam.”
Sign up to rate and review this story