Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half The Man I Used To Be

Chapter 20

by FreakOfNature 1 review

Run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me im the vampire man!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-03-04 - Updated: 2008-03-04 - 743 words

0Unrated
Patrick, Andy and Joe made there way home after two hours of walking, getting lost, walking, turning corners, walking and getting lost. They decided the best thing they could do was sleep for the time being and wait. Trying to convince themselves that Pete was going to be ok, sounded easier than it actually was.

Joe and Andy went upstairs to the guest room and fell asleep, while Patrick stayed downstairs in the livingroom on the couch. As tired as he was, he wasn't going to go to sleep that easily. Hours passed by with nothing. He waited for that moment when Pete would open the door and walk in. He repeated that thought over and over again until his mind couldn't take it anymore. Eventually his body gave in, and he fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Pete limped down the street, keeping his eyes on the ground. He looked down at his watch and he knew he had to get home; knowing all too well the sun would be rising very soon. It was hard to think of how he got away. He mostly believed it was luck. Yeah, he was strong, and he was quick, but that can only get you so far.
He was surrounded in a matter of seconds after Patrick had left. Where ever he looked was a pair of eyes locked onto his. They were closing in fast. Of corse he didn't run. He couldn't run. Yet.
Keeping an eye on all of them was going to be impossible, so he focused on one at a time. He was out-numbered by many, but he tried to make the best of the situation. It certainly wasn't the first time he had been surrounded, and managed to get out somehow.
First he focused on one of them. He killed them one at a time, but they just kept coming. And there it was, an opening in the vicious crowd. Thats when he ran. Now he was here. Somewhere on the other side of town, with not a clue where he was or how he was going to get home. This would deffinately take some time to figure out. Hopefully not the amount of time it takes for the sun to rise.
He thought for a moment, trying to figure out where he was. It became obvious after a few moments of thinking about it. He had been here before a few weeks ago when driving through town, now the only thing to do was remember how he got home. Or, he could just use his vampire senses to get back home. He figured that would be the best way.
Although injured, he managed to get half way across town in a little over fifteen minutes. Thats when he saw the house. Ignoring the pain, he ran down the street. He could already see the sun rising in the distance. He could already feel the heat from the burning rays. This made him run even faster to the door. The sun was coming up even more. He began to scream in pain as the rays burnt into his skin.
After turning the knob, it was then he realized it had been locked. He banged repeatedly on the door, screaming for help all the while.

"Patrick!!! Open the door!" He screamed.

Patrick awoke with a startel, and realized the banging on the door, had in fact, not been a dream. It was in fact very real. He heard the muffled screams outside and wondered for a moment if he should open the door. But then he realized the screams had been Pete.
He rushed to the door and flung it open. No sooner, Pete dove onto the floor and rolled back and forth franticly, in attempt to put out the fire scortching his back.

"Close the door!" He yelled. Patrick snapped back to reality and slammed the door. He jumped down on the floor and patted Pete's back, trying to help put out the small fire. Eventually, the fire was out.

Patrick took a moment to soak in everything that had just happened. Realizing his best friend was back and not lying dead in a ditch, he began to feel overjoyed.

"Pete! Oh my god, i'm so glad your alright." He leaned down and hugged his friend.

Pete hugged back. "Thanks man. It's good to be back." He continued to lay on the floor and took a deep breath.

"Do you have any band-aids?"
Sign up to rate and review this story