Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Made of Stone

Death to Teleportation

by IWCT 0 reviews

It's hard to catch raindrops by throwing stones at them.

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-02-05 - Updated: 2006-02-05 - 1103 words

2Original
Okay, my adoring fans, here you go. It's a bit shorter than normal, since it's only a battle scene between two low level pokemon, but I hope you have fun with it. Any suggestions on how to improve my battle sequences are greatly appreciated.

~~~

The wind moved through the leaves of the sycamore tree as Melamine poked Lapis. The turtle had put his head back into his shell and wouldn't repond to his name. Finally, she managed to get him out, looking disgruntled, as Chris waited patiently. Raindancer had a smirk on her tan features, even though her eyes were closed.

"We're having a battle. Against Raindancer," she told the turtle pokemon.

The blue head perked up, that abra could use a few lessons in being polite. Both trainer and squirtle moved opposite Chris and his abra. Mel flipped open her pokedex, and scanned over Lapis' two attacks. Then she moved to look at Raindancer's single move, and breathed a sigh of relief. Sometimes abras were bred to learn confusion, but teleport was all that Raindancer knew.

"Ready?" Scott asked, as both Mel and Chris put away their pokedexes. They nodded. "Fine, the battle can start."

He stepped back as Mel shouted: "tackle!"

Chris sighed, knowing all Raindancer could do was teleport. "You know what to do," he instructed.

/Don't be so down cast, /Raindancer sent.

Lapis speeded toward the supposedly sleeping abra, only to skid to a halt as she disappeared.

/I'm over here, bubble brain! /She shouted derisively from behind the squirtle.

He pivoted, throwing up a cloud of loose earth and grit, before charging after the abra. She vanished, only to reappear in midair, almost behind him, lashing out with a weak kick. Lapis' momentum did the rest, as he fell, skidding forward on his protective stomach plate. He sat up, red eyes glaring at the abra as mental snickering was cascading around the small arena.

The next moment Raindancer landed on his head. Adding insult to injury, she teleported away when he tried to swat her off, leading Lapis to smack his own head. He growled in annoyance and rose, glaring around to find her.

Mel looked horrified. She didn't dare take her eyes off the battle, knowing that smirks would greet her if she looked at the audience. Lapis was getting madder, and madder, which was making him an easier target for Raindancer. He was doing damage to himself, not much, but it was adding up, and all of the running around was fatiguing him.

She needed a brilliant and cunning plan that could not fail, and she needed it fast.

Lapis skidded along on the ground, again, throwing up more sand.

Okay, abras were weak on the defense - but Raindancer was too speedy for a tackle to work, and probably could hold on for more than one tackle.

Raindancer giggled, pirouetting as she landed on Lapis' back, before vanishing again. Lapis struggled upright, breathing heavily.

"Lapis, stand still!" Mel instructed.

He did, but looked at her with distrust out of the corner of his eye. His stocky turtle body was made for standing still. For now there was no way that Raindancer could over balance him. She knew this two, and reappeared two feet to Lapis' left.

Mel bit her lip, trying not to think her plan too loudly. It would be impossible to catch the psychic type if Raindancer read her mind. She tried to pretend that she didn't know what to do.

"Okay Lapis, this is all I can think of, tackle now!"

The turtle did as he was told, knowing as well, that it was the only thing that he could do. Rage was boiling in him as he thundered along, just as he had all those times before. The arrogant little psychic was making a fool of him, he could already see her disappearing before his eyes, and he knew there was no way to check his mad rush now.

"Tail whip!"

Centuries of genetic instinct took over. Lapis whirled, his fuzzy light blue tail catching the abra in the face as she appeared behind him. He skidded to a stop on two feet, having made a half turn, and now facing the dazed abra. It was his turn to smirk.

"Tackle!" Mel shouted.

"Teleport!" Chris yelled. He knew Raindancer was too befuddled at the moment to continue her games, but she had to stay out of reach of the aggressive squirtle.

Raindancer disappeared with a flash, and Lapis skidded to a halt, throwing up another cloud of loose sand. She reappeared off to the right. Chris breathed out, and then looked up at Melamine. For some reason Wash Pot was smiling.

"Tackle her in your own time," she told Lapis, who now understanding where the arba's weak point was, nodded.

He rushed Raindancer, who teleported away, again. He continued his rushes, intersperced with bouts of tail whip. Since none of his attacks even came close to hitting the abra this was rather boring. However, Mel was counting on Lapis' superior endurance and power. Raindancer's teleports were taking longer and longer, until finally she was merely jumping away from the turtle, unable to sommon enough energy to enter the void.

"Now pivot!" Mel cried.

Lapis did so, his back feet tearing up another shower of lose grit in the hot, sunny, morning. Randancer covered her face as the dust choked her. Lapis saw his chance. With a final rush he tackled Raindancer to the ground.

She lay there, coughing, unable to even struggle as the superior weight flattend her.

"Raindancer is down, Lapis is the winner," Scott said once it was obvious that Raindancer couldn't move.

Chris grinned. "Not exactly surpised," he pointed out as Raindancer was returned to her pokeball. Mel nodded, and took off her pack, in order to toss Chris a potion. Lapis walked over to her, foot sore and tired.

"You did it," she told him.

The turtle shrugged, he didn't feel much different, except for a triffle smug. He accepted the berry she gave him with grace, though. Perhaps this training thing wouldn't be so boring, after all.

"Okay, I guess Scott and I are next?" asked Adam, and he made his way onto the impromptu arena without receiving an answer.

~~~

I'm always interested to know if people are reading, so meta-rating, or reviewing is always appreciated. But even if you don't I do have a counter to keep track of the number of readers I'm getting, so I'm not discouraged. Thank you for looking at this chapter. The dust bunnies of doom are greatly pleased as well.
Sign up to rate and review this story