Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Made of Stone

Free Fall

by IWCT 0 reviews

Sometimes it's good to look at the pokedex before you start your battles. Pichu vs. Zubat should have an obvious out come, right?

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-02-12 - Updated: 2006-02-12 - 973 words

2Original
Hi, everyone, I've got two action packed chapters for you today. I'm thinking about condensing the three battles into one big chapter instead of two small ones and one huge one, but I'm not sure yet. Tell me what you think. Warning, this chapter is really short! I wanted to make a battle between a flying type and an electric type more even, so unfortunately it ends rather quickly. But there is a lot of action. Any suggestions on making it longer would be appreciated.

~~~

"Okay, I guess Scott and I are next?" asked Adam, and he made his way onto the impromptu arena without receiving an answer.

Scott also stepped up. He fingered his zubat's pokeball uncertainly, knowing that she would be at a huge disadvantage in the sunny daylight. Bolt was frisking happily at Adam's large heels, and throwing off the occasional accidental sparks.

"Nocturne," Scott called, throwing the pokeball into the air, the zubat appeared with a grumpy screech, and immediately took off for the shady branches of the sycamore.

The bulbasaur at Matt's feet gave something that sounded like a nasty laugh. Lapis crossed his arms, and rolled his eyes at Scott's stupidity.

"Alright, Bolt, use a thundershock to get at her!" Adam instructed excitedly.

Bolt ran to the base of the tree obligingly, and began sparking everywhere. The little blue white crackles didn't even raise themselves so much as three feet in the air. Nocturne began to snooze, and Alex smirked, before calling out: "All of the starters are bred to only know two moves, if they can learn two moves. Bolt doesn't know thundershock yet, obviously."

Adam's face fell, and he pulled out his pokedex. "Charm and quick attack," he read out loud, feeling depressed.

"Supersonic!" Scott yelled, obviously deciding to take advantage of Bolt's disadvantage.

Nocturne awoke, or at least pointed her fanged mouth downward as she let loose a high pitched scream.

"Pi pi piiiiiiiiiiiii!" Bolt screamed, covering his ears, and trying to run away, only to bump into the tree. Adam looked shocked, and as confused as his pichu. He didn't know how to deal with this turn around. He suddenly felt very envious of Wash Pot. How had she managed to scoop a victory?

By getting close enough to Raindancer to attack.

"Bolt, climb the tree!" Adam instructed hopefully. Bolt whammed into the trunk twice more before he managed to climb, his head ringing with a headache. He was seeing triple images, and kept slipping.

"Leech life!" Scott said, hoping to knock out Bolt before he came to his senses. Nocturne ignored him, since a leech life would actually involve effort. She wouldn't bother to attack unless there was a threat, or it would shut the human up. Until the sun went down she was tired, and didn't want to think.

Bolt had reached the branch where nocturne was, and stopped climbing as soon as his human told him to stop. It was so nice not to have the world spinning around his head while he was moving.

"Okay, now, attack her with a quick attack!" Adam tried, his excitement rising again.

Bolt looked up from here he had flopped down on the branch and closed his eyes. He was still feeling sick, but the nice human was depending on him! With a defiant "Piiii!" he rose to his four feet. Blinking he glared at the three branches rolling underneath him. Which one to take? Closing his eyes blindly he dashed forward, trusting his heart.

Nocturne felt something plummet past her, and let out a burst of sonar to see the pichu in free fall. Oh tauros dung! She dropped from the branch, her wings snapping open and she fluttered after the small pokemon.

Adam rushed under the tree, and Scott ran for the group of packs in order to get his thick winter blanket. Padding in case Adam didn't catch Bolt. Both Alex and Mel had reached for their potions, and Chris was trying to revive Raindancer's teleportation ability. Matt looked away, knowing there was nothing he could do, since his bulbasaur didn't know vine whip.

In the air Nocturne dived past Bolt, swooping under him, and then fluttering above, having grabbed onto his tail. She struggled to slow the free fall, when suddenly the pichu's natural defenses at having his tail grabbed came into play. All of the static electricity discharged with the force of a battering ram, right into Nocturne's tiny gripping claws.

The bruise-blue bat vented another supersonic screech as she dropped Bolt again, before falling herself, fully paralyzed. With a flash Raindancer appeared next to the bat, wrapped her arms around Nocturne, and teleported away again, leaving Bolt to fall into Adam's waiting arms.

"Wanna call it a draw?" Scott offered.

"Yeah, how's your zubat?" Adam asked, as he lovingly cradled Bolt.

Raindancer appeared out of the void, next to Chris. She handed Nocturne's paralyzed form over to her trainer.

"She's fine, just paralyzed, and in a lot of pain," Chris reported. "Hey, Wash Pot, you've got a bit of everything, got a paralyze heal?"

"Here," Alex walked up, and took Nocturne, while Mel was rummaging around in her bag. "I have a cheri berry," he gave it to Nocturne, before handing her to Scott, who returned her.

~~~

Okay, next is the battle that's really going to take off. Huge character development, and a lot of plot foreshadowing. Also, it's going to be the last chapter where you see all six together for a long while. Any comments on the story or predictions as to what will happen are always welcome. I do respond to my reviews. Also, any thoughts on these three battle chapters, and how to make the first two longer, or if I should just lump all three together into one chapter, are greatly appreciated.
Sign up to rate and review this story