Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Sunflowers

Chapter 32

by lyssaleigh 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-03-08 - Updated: 2008-03-08 - 864 words

0Unrated
“Where is she?” Brendon asked.
“Follow me.” We followed him and appeared to be getting closer to the fire and attacks. What away to start off your vacation in a foreign country.
“Sis!” I called when I saw her body mangled under the tree. “It’ll be ok. We’ll get you out of here.” Her head was face first into the mud and muck. Tree landed on her right leg more than her left. In the time we were gone she must have freed her left leg.
“Ready.” I took my position with the guys. I was one of the strongest out of the girls. “Lift.” We lifted it up and Kay moved her leg out of the way. Sis screamed out in pain.
“What’s going on here?” we head. It was a police officer approaching us. “Everyone ok?”
“No my girlfriend got her leg caught under a tree, we just moved it.” Explained Spencer.
“Let me get the medics. Stay put.” He told us in his British accent. We flipped Lexi over so she was lying on her back and rested her head in Amanda’s lap. Then crowded around her for comfort and warmth.
“She’s right over here.” We heard man say. Two men carrying a stretcher were running closely behind him. Everyone except for Amanda and Spencer moved out of their way. They stabilized Lexi and put her on the stretcher. Spencer went in the ambulance with her while the rest of stood back in awestruck faces.
“Do you kids need a ride to the hospital?”
“Yes please.” I spoke.
“Follow me.” The police officer told us and we walked back in the direction he came. There we were ushered into a couple of cop cars and taken to the hospital to be with Lexi. On the way we found out that it was not a terrorist attack- thank god- but arson. Still not great but better then a terrorist attack, in my opinion. After the longest car ride we pulled up in front of the hospital. We thanked the policemen and rushed in to if there was any progress with Lexi. Spencer sat in the waiting with his head buried in his hands. I raced over and but my arm around his back. He just collapsed into my lap.
“She’s in shock.” Was the mumbled I heard out of his lips. I rubbed his back as he cried.
“She’s fighter I’m sure she’ll pull through.” Then a nurse approached the group.
“My I have the two closest people to Ms. Swank follow me please.” I helped Spencer up.
“Lys you’re her sis, please come with me.” He asked as he wiped the tears away from his cheeks.
“Of course I will Spence.” I looked back at the group and they nodded in approval. We walked back into the emergency room. Cries of pain were heard as we passed each room. The arson must have injured and burned a good amount of people.
“Right in here.” The nurse directed us room 23. Sis looked weak. Her thigh was bandaged and she had wires connecting to her body. “The doctor will be in shortly.” The nurse left us alone. We walked to either side of her bed and held her hands. In the midst of our tears did the doctor came in and explained what happened and what would happen.
“She should be ready to go leave by the end of the week.” Spencer looked at me with a smile across his face. I returned it.
“Thank you so much.” I told the doctor. He just smiled and excused himself. “I should tell the others. I let go of Sis’s hand made my way to the door.
“Lys, wait.” I turned back to see Spencer right behind me. He pulled me into the biggest hug. “Thank you.” I hugged him back before returning to the waiting. I was greeted with a kiss from my fiancée.
“She’s going to be fine. Should be able to leave the hospital by the end of the week.” Everyone sighed of relief. “We need to do shifts. Spencer can’t stay their 24/7 even though he would love to, he physically cannot.”I explained. “I’ll stay here the night. Why don’t yinz go back and get some rest, you have your interview in the morning and need to look fresh. I’ll get Spencer.
“I’ll relieve you around 10 tomorrow Lys.” Kay told me.
“Thank you.” I turned to head back by myself but I felt a hand link with mine. It was Brendon. I’m so glad he came with me. Spencer was in the exact spot I left him holding onto her hand.
“Hey man. How bout we get some rest. Lys will stay with Lexi the rest of the night.”
“But-“
“No buts mister. You have an interview tomorrow and need to look fresh. Please. Just go. We’ll be fine.” I knew he didn’t like it but didn’t feel like arguing the point either. With one last goodbye they were out of the room and I replaced Spencer’s position.
Sign up to rate and review this story