Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just For the Attention

Not So Pleasant

by silencing 1 review

Nikol deals

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-03-08 - Updated: 2008-03-09 - 2079 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/n- Alright well it's been a fun couple of weeks for me. Lots of midterms, facial injuries that ended me up in the emergency rooms, tons of baton, too much work and yea. So this was definitely a combined effort of “Nikol” and I, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate her help. So here it is, but first, a few questions, if you wouldn't mind answering them in a review or drop me an email or something:

Just a couple of questions I wanted to ask the readers of JFTA, first of all, since Panic is touring their second album in this story do you think I should use Pretty. Odd. as the album, even though they are not touring it in the same way? Keep in mind that when this story was conceived they were still writing the faerie tale/musical album before they scrapped it so that this kinda tour was still likely.

Also, should I use lyrics from Pretty. Odd. as chapters titles like I have with Fever?

And lastly, if you had an open forum with the characters (aka the performers and the band) what would you ask them? Keep in mind that this will probably be after it is revealed (to an extent) that Brendon and Dani are together.

Thanks so much for your input!!!!

*

To the outside observer it would seem that Keltie's presence had no effect of Nikol whatsoever, but Danielle could see through the hard from her friend had put up. It actually seemed to throw Nikol completely off her game.
During that night's performance she would unconsciously she away from Ryan every time she was supposed to be near him, which suddenly felt like way too often. She would falter each time she was too close, which finally led to her falling during the landing of one of her flips. She wasn't injured, but she was beyond embarrassed, and after the show she had disappeared onto the bus, curling up on one of the bunks, still in full costume.
When they had gotten back to the hotel, it had taken a team effort between Jon and Dani to get their friend off the bus and into the shower. Once making sure she would be taken care of, Jon had regrettably departed back to the PDAs of the newly reunited couple.
Even though it was a few days after her arrival now, her performance were still being affected. That first night had afforded her a swollen ankle, which caused tons of problems. The day before, she had been dragged to the doctor's by the tag team once again. There she had been told to stay off her ankle for awhile, but she was obstinate in ignoring this. Unfortunately this decision weakened her performances, along with the fact that she seemed incapable to smile around Ryan onstage.
After that night's show and its subsequent disasters, her caretakers sought her out from where she was hiding in her hotel room. They found her sprawled across the bed, buds in her ears. Dani sat down next to her on the bed, and Jon took his seat on Dani's bed.
"Nikol," Dani prodded, and her friend sat up slowly, not looking pleased with their intrusion.
"What do you want?"
Jon spoke up, "We came to check on you, since you just disappeared again after the show."
Nikol just shrugged, "I'm fine."
Dani sighed, frustrated, "Yes, because holing up in your hotel room is the perfect indicator of your 'fineness'. Come on Nikol, you need to get your head on straight! We're worried about you."
Jon nodded, not quite of fan of the girl's approach, "Come on, you can get past this. Don't let one person ruin this for you."
Nikol looked at her friends and sighed, acknowledging that they were somewhat right.
"Look," Dani started, "Bren and I are going out tonight. You should come with, a change of scenery would be good for you."
Nikol scowled, still not past her anger at being left out after working so hard to bring the two together. Plus it brought back memories of her collaboration with Ryan, which basically brought her full circle.
Danielle seemed to be oblivious to Nikol's change in attitude, but Jon picked up on it, “Look I'm going too, so you and I can abuse the bar. I'll even pay.”
Nikol gave a small smile now that she knew her presence wouldn't make her the third wheel.
“Fine,” she finally conceded as Dani's face lit up. Her friend stood and ushered Jon out of the room, asking him to go retrieve her boyfriend and Spence and to be back in a half hour.
*
A moment after the knock sounded Danielle pulled open the door to reveal two really attractive men...and her boyfriend. After appropriate greetings for all, she ushered the boys into the room, still struggling to convince her best friend to leave the confines of their bathroom.
This was mostly because Danie had dressed Nikol up in some her own clothes, and the sequined half top and short red pencil skirt made Nik feel uncomfortable in her own skin. The only thing that was hers in her outfit was her “hooker” boots, but they only added to the discomfort.
When her friend finally drug her out into the open, her face was flushed enough to match her skirt. The boys responded appropriately when she stepped out, and after gathering up their purses, the five friends made their way downstairs to the waiting car.
It was a short drive to the club and in just moments they were out of the car and being escorted into the land of throbbing music.
Now under normal circumstances, Nikol would come alive under the pulsing lights and the addictive beat of the music. She and Dani would normally head straight to the bar for a shot, then proceed to the dance floor where they would stay for a good half hour..
But nothing about that week had been normal, so as she headed for a table, she watched as Danielle ushered her boyfriend into the throng of swaying bodies. Jon and Spencer had accompanied her to the table and even offered themselves as dance partners, but nothing seemed to be working.
Soon enough Spencer was snatched away by an eager dance partner, and Jon was soon to follow, departing with a pity filled look on his face and the promise to return soon.
Nikol just stared distantly into the sea of swaying bodies struggling to not look as desperate as she felt. She desperately wished that she could just leave, which is what she normally would have done if she had gotten into this situation back in Phoenix. Unfortunately they had been driven there, and she knew that the driver wouldn't be back for at least another two hours, and she also had no idea where they were staying so she couldn't catch a cab. So instead of trying to act normal at all, she stayed like that staring vacantly into the distance for who knows how long before a tumbler was set down in front of her, and a body joined her at the table. Assuming it was Jon, since the glass held her favourite drink (Jameson, an actual glass of Jameson!), she looked up and was shocked beyond all believe to see the soft features of Ryan Ross adorning the person next to her.
Collecting herself, she managed to stumble out a greeting, “I..you...er, what are you doing here?”
Ryan shrugged, “Everyone else went out, namely here, and Keltie was somewhere between being incredibly overattentive and on the phone with one of her friends,” he rolled his eyes at the word, “and I figured this would be a safe place to talk to you. I feel like we haven't talked forever, and I really miss it Nik.”
Nikol's heart skipped about seven beats as he said this, and was unable to stop the shock from registering on her face. After a moment of silence she realised he was waiting for a response and found her voice after a sip of her drink, “Well to be honest, I never even thought you would think about spending any time with me while your...girlfriend...was here.”
He dismissed this comment easily, “Why would you think that? Of course I want to spend time with you, what would make you feel otherwise?”
“You mean besides the fact that she's become your personal handbag, and is obviously very protective of you? Mostly because...well let's just put it this way. I'm not an incompetent performer, but every night since she's shown up I've been horrible on stage, mostly ever time I come near you. I messing up choreography right and left, and should probably be sent home. And this is mostly because I'm starting to find myself really attracted to you, and am trying to distance myself from the idea of being with or near you, because I know it can't happen. Which really sucks, because you are one of the most down to earth persons I have ever met in my life, and I really have a lot of fun hanging out with you. I hate the fact that I feel like I can't do that when she's around, but I'm starting to get afraid of getting too close and then getting hurt. Plus, I really don't want to mess up your relationship with her, and I'm afraid that I might unintentionally...” she drifted off, staring into her glass suddenly afraid that she might have said too much.
She kept her eyes steady on the liquid in her glass as she raised it to her lips and downed approximately half of what was left before attempting a look at Ryan who still hadn't answered.
Ryan on the other hand was trying to comprehend a few things. One, that was the most he had ever heard Nikol say in one go since he had met her, and he was slightly impressed. He was also trying to ignore the part of him that told him that her shyness and awkwardness was part of the reason he was so attracted to her. This was key to ignore considering the fact that it seemed that he was already having problems with Keltie as of late, and adding feelings for one of their performers really wouldn't help that situation at all. Finally he just gathered what wits he had about him and managed a response.
“Look, I'm going out tomorrow before sound check to take some photos, and since I know you love photography you should come with me. We can talk about some of this in a more comfortable setting and see what we can do to get our friendship back on track. Yea?”
Nikol managed a smile, not missing the fact that he had never mentioned her 'little confession' in his response, but also enjoying the noun 'friendship' too much for her own good. Maybe not all was lost after all, “Sure. I'd like that,” she said after a minor hesitation.
He smiled back and tried to start up something resembling a normal conversation when his phone sounded from his pocket. After a moment of fumbling for the device he answered it without a pause to look at the caller ID and was consequentially greeted with the shrill voice of his girlfriend on the opposite end, sounding none to pleased at the fact that he wasn't wherever she was. He sent Nikol an apologetic smile, and held his hand over the mouth piece, “Look I got to go, but we'll hang tomorrow right? You're not going to back out on me?”
“I would never,” she said, trying desperately to mask the disappointment that had suddenly washed over her, “I'll see you then.”
He smiled and turned away towards the exit trying to defend himself to the woman on the other line, and Nikol just stared after him, trying not to cry.

*

Post A/n- So yea. Please remember to answer those questions for me, I would love outside ideas. And don't forget to join: ***http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/justfortheattention/***
Now I have to go to bed because I have a feeling I'll be talking to the lead singer of Yellowcard in like five hours and I'm going to be incredibly tired when that happens

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/justfortheattention/
Sign up to rate and review this story