Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

Dead

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Kenny is concerned about Bob's progress and while making their way home the band gets bad news.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-10 - Updated: 2008-03-11 - 1436 words - Complete

0Unrated
Bob almost looked stunned at the fact that she was the one that could have saved his life. Isn’t she the one that tried to kill him? His mind couldn’t focus as his head was pounding and he was shivering. Then he realized something he was naked under the blankets.

“W-w-w-where’s m-m-m-m-my c-c-c-c-clothes?”

“We’re washing them,” said Sam.

Kenny took the warm blanket and placed it underneath the cooler one as not to embarrass Bob any further than he was. Bob held the blanket up to his chin he was still shivering like crazy. Kenny took the thermometer and placed it in his mouth. It was an electronic one so he got a reading in seconds and he wasn’t happy with the results, Bob’s progression was slowing down. The blankets were helping but he needed to be placed somewhere that his body couldn’t easily adjust to the warm temperature. Kenny knew exactly where he should put him, but having just woken up from his concussion he couldn’t take the chance. He was afraid that he might slip back into unconsciousness or even a coma. And the cut on his forehead had him really worried. He didn’t have the proper supplies to clean out the wound as thorough as he would have liked. If what Brianna said was true and he truly had an abscess on his brain this could spell real trouble. Bob would be more susceptible to get another, and with his injury right there it wouldn’t take long to kill him if it got infected. Kenny knew he probably should take Bob to the hospital for a CAT scan to check if there was any bleeding on the brain. But the nearest hospital was an hour away and in this blizzard could be longer. Besides as of right now there was no indication of that being the case. He was awake and talking and that was a very good sign.

Bob watched as Kenny methodically went through the steps of checking his patient. Kenny took his pulse from his neck, watched his breathing, checked the dilation of his eyes and his reflexes. Bob saw the concern in Kenny’s eyes.

“W-w-w-what’s wrong w-w-w-with me?”

Kenny always believed in telling his patients the truth, mindful of the potential impact that it could cause. It was his greatest flaw as a doctor he always took things personally. Each patient was like a good friend and he cried along with the family whenever he had to give bad news.

“Truth time. Did you or did you not have an abscess on your brain?”

Bob nodded his head yes. The shivering was making his head hurt worse he was nearly in tears from the pain.

Kenny went into his bag and found some Tylenol he was afraid to give him anything stronger.

“Sam, could you get some water? And get the coffee going.” He then turned to Bob, “I hope you like coffee.”

Bob smiled a little as he remembered the night he met My Chemical Romance. He was helping them plug their cheap equipment to the sound board, it was the first time they had a proper sound person. He hated plugging in the cheap shit into his board. Mikey came up to him and started asking questions and talked about how excited he was about touring with The Used. Then the conversation turned to Mikey’s favorite subject, coffee. After talking of different blends and tastes Mikey turned to Bob and smiled, “I hope you like coffee.”

Bob turned back to Mikey and said, “Yeah, it’s okay.”

Mikey pouted and pretended to be wounded and was about to say something until Ray called him over for a sound check. Even on the last tour he was with them they would banter back and forth about coffee. He missed Mikey and everyone else. He really just wanted to go home.

“Bob you okay?”

“Yeah just remembering.”

“Take these three pills they’re just Tylenol. And take these two they’re antibiotics they should hold you over until I get back.”

“Until you g-g-g-get b-b-back?”

“I’m going to get some more antibiotics and an antibacterial cream for your forehead.”

Sam came back with Bob’s clothes all clean and dry. She handed them to him and he looked at her quizzically. Sam smiled and said, “It’s on the counter. I took a peek I hope you don’t mind it’s absolutely gorgeous. She’s should be very happy with it.”

Bob never wanted anyone, except his brothers, to find out about the ring. Especially since the one that it was intended for wanted nothing to do with him. Bob’s mind drifted to Kat, and then the band and wondered if they had given up on him and moved on.


Warner Brothers made sure there was a private plane waiting for the rest of the band, their significant others, Kat and Brian at Pal-Waukee airport. It is a small airport just outside of Chicago mainly used by private airplanes. They decided to use this one instead of O’Hare to keep them out of the spotlight as they tried to make their way home.

The plane was a done over DC-10 that had that had sixteen swivel chairs, two couches that faced each other and a fully stocked bar. Brian noticed Gerard’s eyes went straight to the bar and found what he knew what was his comfort, a bottle of Chopin vodka and next to that was Grey Goose. It was going to be a long flight home. Lyn-z also noticed her husband’s wondering eye and steered him to a seat where he wouldn’t be staring at the bottles the whole flight. It was going to be a very long two and half hours.

Gerard stared out the window sitting in the back with Lyn-z, he hated window seats but knew Bob loved them. Bob always loved to watch the cities get closer as the planes started their descent and touched down.
He hated not knowing, this was the worse thing he and the band ever went through. Worse than firing Otter, worse then him being suicidal, worse than the band almost losing it’s sanity at the Paramour. He never felt this much uncertainty in his life.

An hour later the uncertainty was gone. The phone rang in the plane and Brian answered it. Brian never let the band see him weak. He always went out for coffee or ran errands where he would find somewhere to let out his emotions. He closed his eyes as he listened to what he was being told. All eyes were on him and it was obvious there was pain in his eyes. “I’ll let them know,” he said quietly.

He turned to the eyes that were staring at him, “They found a body in upstate New York fitting Bob’s description including a scar from burns on his left leg. They’re almost 100% sure that it’s Bob. They still need to do DNA testing, but they think it’s just a formality. I’m really sorry guys.”

Gerard made his way to the bar and grabbed the bottle of Grey Goose and took out ten shot glasses. He poured the first one and and raised it in the air and said, “To Bob.” Gerard could smell the vodka and in his mind he could taste it, he could hear it call out to him. He was about to drink his first drink when he felt a soft hand over his, it was Kat.

“You know that isn’t the proper way to honor Bob.” Kat looked through the bar and found what she was looking for. She took Gerard glass and put it in the sink that was there and then poured some Red Bull into another shot glass. She continued to pour until all the glasses were full.

Gerard raised his glass, “To Bob. Thank you and we’ll miss you so badly. Good-bye old friend.”

They all drank the Red Bull and when finished Frankie threw the glass at the side of the plane, smashing it. Gerard went over to Frank, “You okay?”

“I won’t believe it. Until they are 100% percent sure I refuse to believe it. And when we find him alive, I’m going to fucking kill him.” At this point Frank just broke down. Gerard gathered him into his arms and they rocked back and forth releasing all their pent up frustration and pain.
Sign up to rate and review this story