Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

The Escape

by Moonshyne 1 review

The band decides to face facts. While Bob meakes another escape attempt, but the price may be his life.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-10 - Updated: 2008-03-10 - 1109 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brian left the room and Frank turned to Gerard, “Is that it? We give up?”

“No, but we have to face facts. It’s been over eight-four hours and we still have no idea where he is or if he’s even alive. I’m going back to Jersey tomorrow. There’s nothing more we can do here that we can’t do at home.”

Ray, Frank and Mikey looked at each other. Was it really time to face facts was there really no hope of their brother ever being found alive?


The van pulled up to a very large house that had ceiling to floor windows. Bob had never seen anything like it. Kenny took out an envelope that had a key in it. He put the key in the lock and turned it. He opened the door to an opened floor plan, living area. There was a large screen plasma television over the beautiful and large bricked fireplace. They walked into the kitchen and Kenny picked up a note and read it to himself.

‘Kenny,

I stocked the refrigerator and the cabinets, hope it’s enough. Tell Sam I said Hi and I hope all is well with Brianna. Please don’t let Peter know I’m doing this, he’ll kill me.

Love,

Misty’

“What’s up?” asked Sam.

“Misty stocked us up with food. I’m gonna grab something to go and I’ll be back in a couple of hours. Try and make nice while I’m gone.”

“Be careful, that storm looks awfully bad.”

“This is Tahoe baby, we always get snow this bad,” He gave her a kiss on the lips and winked at her then left.

“Give me your coat,” said Sam. “You need a code to make an outside phone call, so don’t even try it. There’s food in the fridge and cabinets make yourself something I’m going to take a nice hot bath. Don’t do anything stupid Bryar.”

Sam went upstairs with his coat and soon he heard water running. He looked outside. The snow was flying furiously and the wind was howling but he didn’t care he found his escape. He quietly opened the door and slipped out. It was colder than he thought. He only had on a t-shirt, a button down black short sleeved shirt covering that, and jeans. The cold hit him hard and the biting wind didn’t help, but he took off down the expansive driveway and ran out into the road. He tried to see in front of him but was soon disoriented as there were white out conditions and he could barely see two feet in front of him. He continued on for the next twenty minutes freezing and lost. Is this how it was all going to end, frozen in a snow storm? Barbie said don’t do anything stupid, he guessed this was what she meant.

Sam went to get a drink from downstairs before she started her bath. She could think of nothing better than a nice hot bath, that was upstairs waiting and a tall cold beer. She would have asked Bob for it but she knew he wasn’t about to do her any favors. She went downstairs and looked around, Bob was no where to be found. She was going to kill him. How could he be so stupid? She shook her head and realized the answer; she would have done the same thing. She gathered her hat, coat, scarf, gloves, boots and lastly his coat to set out and look for him. The wind bit at any exposed skin that she had, she could only imagine what Bob was going through, the stupid idiot. She started screaming his name.

After a while Bob heard his name being called and started to run, he looked behind his shoulder as he ran and tripped over a branch, slamming his head against a rock rendering him unconscious.

Sam was calling his name and looking around she almost tripped over something. When she looked down there was Bob laying face down, with fresh blood on the snow beneath his head. She grabbed his coat and tried to put it on him but the best she could do was wrap it around his arms and torso. She could see that he was freezing. She turned when she thought she heard a car. She ran to the edge and started waving her arms madly. The van that stopped was familiar.

“Kenny!!”

“Babe what’s up why are you out here?”

“It’s Bob you need to help him,” said Sam desperately.

Sam brought Kenny to where Bob laid and between the two of them they managed to get the drummer to the van. Kenny propped Bob in the front seat so he could get maximum heat to him. They got back to the house and they laid him on the couch. They moved him closer to the fireplace but not too close as his temperature had to be raised slowly or he could go into shock. Kenny looked worried as he started to strip Bob of his wet clothing, he knew this wasn’t good. Sam got a blanket from upstairs and covered him. Kenny asked her to get all the blankets and put them in the double ovens that were in the kitchen. The best treatment right now was to wrap him in the warm blankets. The bump and cut on his head were pretty bad and Kenny worried that between the hypothermia and a concussion Bob might slip into a coma. This was all going badly. Kenny was constantly checking his temperature, pulse and breathing. Finally their hard work paid off his temperature was starting to slowly rise. Kenny could now focus on the other problem. He stitched up his injury and now that his temperature was rising Kenny placed an ice pack on his head. At this point Bob was starting to finally starting to come to.

“Hey you gave us a scare there,” said Kenny.

“What happened?”

“You hit your head on a boulder I guess, and you’re suffering from hypothermia. We thought we were going to lose you.”

“I c-c-c-c-c-couldn’t get s-s-s-s-so lucky,” said Bob.

“Bob I meant if it weren’t for Sam another ten minutes out there and you would have been dead. That was so stupid.”

“N-n-n-n-not one of m-m-m-m-my brightest ideas. W-w-w-w-who’s Sam and w-w-w-w-when c-c-c-c-c-can I thank him?”

As if on cue Sam walked with a blanket fresh from the oven. “I’m Sam, and let’s just say we’re even.”
Sign up to rate and review this story