Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

Waiting for The Black Parade

by Moonshyne 1 review

San learbns the neaning of The Black Parade and is none too happy. We fin out about Kenny's past. And the band makes a decision.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-09 - Updated: 2008-03-09 - 1385 words - Complete

0Unrated
Bob was sleeping soundly when he felt a pain in his stomach. He looked up at Sam who just kicked him.

“C’mon Bryar up. We have a long day of travel ahead of us.”

It was going to take them about fifteen hours to get where they wanted to go.

“What time is it?”

“Four.”

“Just an hour more,” said Bob groggily into his pillow.

Next thing he felt was the coldness of steel against his cheek.

“I said up.”

Bob didn’t need to be asked again.

Again Kenny and Sam wiped down any surfaces that might indicate that Bob was with them. By four thirty they were in the van and on the road. By five Bob was fast asleep again in the back.

Sam’s cell quietly vibrated, she looked at the number and it was her mother.

“Hey mum how’s everything going?”

“Not good,” said the voice on the other end. “If they don’t have the money by the end of the week they’re taking her off the donor’s list.”

“How’s she taking it?”

“She’s accepted it and says she’s waiting for her own Black Parade, whatever that means.”

Sam looked down at the cds that Kenny pulled out and saw “The Black Parade” staring at her. She knew one person would have the answer.

“Tell her to hang in there,” Sam turned and looked at a sleeping Bob, “and I have a surprise for her. By the way did you get the money I wired?”

“Yes sweetheart and that’s why they haven’t thrown her out of the bed yet. We’re still a hundred and twenty-five short.”

“They know that Kenny is waving his fee, right?”

“His whole team waived their fee. They’re just the sweetest people.”

Sam had a tear in eye when she heard this, then she looked over at her boyfriend. He smiled at her, he had already known. As a matter of fact he asked them not to take it as it would be well worth it in a few months time.

“We hope to be there some time tomorrow. We’re staying at Kenny’s brother’s vacation home at Lake Tahoe tonight.”

“Brianna would be so happy. She’s been really upset about that young man’s kidnapping. They’re saying that he’s probably dead. You know they…”

“I gotta go mom. I love you and I’ll see you later.”

“You okay, babe?” aked Kenny quietly.

“If we don’t come up with the money by the end of the week, they’re taking her off the list.”

“I’m so sorry baby. I’ll make some phone calls, there is no way she’s coming off that list. How is she?”

“Mum said she’s waiting for her black parade.” Sam picked up the cd. “Shall we? Maybe we’ll understand what it means.”

Sam placed it in the cd player. “The End” started playing.

“This is pleasant,” said Sam sarcastically.

“Musically it’s good and we get to hear Bob play.”

“Yeah I guess.”

“Sam sat there and listened to the words and then it stopped and she was startled to hear the flat line with the guitars and then the drums kick in.”

Kenny listened to the drums and how they were so different from the first two albums. He looked over at Bob, who was still sleeping, and shook his head. He never mentioned he was that good. He always mentioned how good everyone else was.

Bob woke up just as Welcome to the Black Parade was starting.

“You guys listening to this?”

“Shhh,” said Sam.

After the song was finished she turned to Bob, “What is the Black Parade?”

“There’s a man known as the patient whose fondest memory is being taken to a parade by his father. When he dies that’s how death comes and takes him, a black parade.”

Now she understood what her sister meant. She’s just waiting for death to come and take her. She’s given up all hope. Kenny looked over at her as tears were streaming down her cheeks.

“Are you okay Barbie?” asked Bob.

Sam turned to Bob and pointed a gun right at his forehead, “Shut up,” she said through her tears. Kenny stopped the van got out and pulled Sam out and held her as she sobbed hysterically, “She can’t die you know that don’t you.”

“When we get to Tahoe I’ll make a few phone calls and see what I can do. But you have to keep it together. He just wanted to make sure you were okay?”

“I know. I hate him. I really hate him.”

Kenny smiled, “No you don’t.”

“Get in the van and drive.”

As the hours passed not a word was said the music stopped after Welcome to the Black Parade as Sam was disgusted at the whole death theme going through it, making her sister wait for her own Black Parade. She was sure that it would not have even crossed her mind without this band. They romanticized death, a big parade just waiting for you. Didn’t her sister realize that death is just the end, complete blackness, nothing. She wanted to line this whole band up and shoot them all. She had to settle for the one in the back of the van.

As the hours passed and they entered Nevada, Sam was driving and Kenny slept because he would have to drive once they got near Tahoe. It would be the first time she stepped into the world he came from. It would be the first time he would step into his childhood vacation home since his parents disowned him.

He put up a brave front for everyone else but it was starting to get to him. The happy memories and how it all went sour because he fell in love with someone of no social stature at all, a mere patient’s sister. All hell broke loose when he left his bride at the alter, his parents disowned him. This was almost an arranged marriage from another affluent family. They died shortly after when their house in California burned from an out of control fire. They believed they were above it all the fire would never come for their home. They were right until the wind shifted. They died in their sleep. Everything was divided between the rest of the family leaving Kenny absolutely nothing. Well not nothing he had a trust fund that he wasn’t allowed to touch until he was thirty. He spent thousands of dollars trying to access it to help Sam and her family and in the end there was nothing they could do. Kenny asked all his siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins for the money to help Brianna, they all refused. It was funny how they would drop all the money in the world if it got them recognition, but to help one young woman who really only mattered to those who knew here wasn’t worth the effort or time. He was only allowed to use the house because his sister-in-law was sympathetic. She would have given him the money in a heart beat.

Sam pulled over and she and Kenny switched sides. Bob was going crazy because Sam would barely take breaks to let him eat and go to the bathroom, never mind a drag on a cigarette. Whatever progress was made in the past couple of days was gone. It was back to the first day where she hated him and he was afraid in her emotional state she might just really kill him.


Back in Chicago, Craig had left as the record business was still happening and he had other bands he had to look into. He made sure that Brian kept him up to date on everything.

Brian turned to the band, “You have your Asian tour starting in less than a week. What are you going to do? I’ll support your decision no matter what.”

Gerard looked at his band, “The message is always more important than the band. We go on tour, he would have wanted it that way. Get Tucker on the phone.”
Sign up to rate and review this story