Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

Unfulfilled Wishes

by Moonshyne 1 review

Back in Chicago there is very disturbing news. We find out why Sam needs Bob.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-08 - Updated: 2008-03-08 - 1241 words - Complete

0Unrated
The next morning they packed up the van and left making sure there were no clues to be left behind that Bob Bryar had indeed been with them. Sam and Kenny were arguing about what to do about Bob. Kenny wanted to let him go, but Sam felt she still needed to keep him.


Back in Chicago the FBI started to pack things up since there was no ransom nor any good leads. Bob had been gone forty-seven hours and the reality of finding anyone after that time frame is almost non-existent. Ray and Frank walked in to a solemn room after making a coffee run. Alicia and Mikey were just holding each other, as were Gerard and Lyn-z. Christa and Jamia were trying to comfort Kat, while Brian and Craig were talking quietly amongst themselves.

“What’s going on?” asked Frank.

The head FBI agent went over to Frank and Ray. “We feel this investigation has gone as far as we could take it from here. We’re moving it to headquarters. I’m telling you two what I have told the others. After forty-eight hours the chances of finding your friend greatly diminishes. The investigation will still remain open and we will continue to follow leads. But honestly the manner in which your friend was taken and the only piece of evidence we have is a bloody shirt, it doesn’t look good.”

Ray swallowed hard, “What are the chances?”

“Less than five percent. We’re really sorry and as I said we will continue to do everything we can. It’s just someone should have recognized him by now.”

After everyone left the group sat there for awhile digesting what they heard. They jumped when the phone rang about an hour later. Brian answered it. They could only hear one side of the conversation.

“I understand, she’ll be there.”

He hung up and looked the group. “They think they found Bob, they want Kat to go there and identify the body. I’m sorry guys.”

Gerard put his arms around Kat who was now hysterically crying, “It’s not him, it can’t be.”

“I’ll go with her,” said Gerard.

Ray, Mikey and Frank all looked at each other. “We’ll all go,” said Ray.

Half hour later they got to the City Morgue, it was sterile and cold in appearance. They had the body on a stretcher as they were going to begin the required autopsy for a case like this. They lifted the sheet and they all looked for a moment and Kat turned to Ray and started crying they were tears of relief. Gerard turned to the coroner and shook his head no. The body had some similar features. But it wasn’t Bob. Gerard wondered how many more times they would have to go through this before Bob was found one way or another.


In the van it Bob was looking out of the window, the mountains were beautiful but he wanted to see the sights of the city. His city, Chicago. Kenny and Sam weren’t talking so the ride was just one marker after another, one mountainous vista after another, endless green exit signs and speed limit postings. All he knew is that he was in Colorado and the road seemed endless. Every once in a while they let him get out to have a cigarette and stretch his legs. But Sam was always near by with at least one gun close at hand.

Kenny finally broke the silence, “So which is the second album?”

“Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.”

Kenny took out the cd and placed it in the player. Helena started playing, “I’ve heard this song before, this is you guys?”

“Yeah. It was written about Gerard's, our lead singer and his brother, and Mikey's, our bassist, grandmother who passed away.”

“That’s too bad. Were they close to her?”

“Very.”

“Your guitar player is awesome.”

“His name is Ray, and it’s an honor to play with him. He’s such a genius.”

“It's amazing that you guys write your own stuff?”

Bob and Kenny talked for a while about what it’s like to be in a band traveling a world you never really get to see. Bob talked about how it was all worth it seeing the look on the faces of the fans. Sam scowled at him when he said this, which didn’t go unnoticed by Bob.

“So what do you do for a living?”

“In Chicago, I worked in a clinic. But in San Diego I’m a surgeon on a transplant team.”

The look that Sam gave Kenny was pure hatred. Kenny looked at her and then down realizing he just gave out way too much information. Bob now had an idea that their destination was San Diego, just how was he going to tell someone.

That night the got off at the Garrison exit and quickly found a Super 8 Motel.

When Bob went to sleep Sam started on Kenny.

“How could you?”

“I’m sorry. But honestly I think he has the right to know. I think we should let him go.”

“No not for what he did to my sister, he needs to make amends.”

“I know she was upset when both concerts were cancelled. But she said they had a good reason, the singer and Bob here got hurt.”

“And Albany?”

Kenny rolled his eyes, again she got the city wrong.

“She said it was abscess on the brain is why they had to cancel.”

Sam looked at him, “Seriously any one older than twenty-five knows it was probably a drug overdose and the band hid it.”

“He doesn’t act like a drug addict and you should know.”

“So he cleaned up.”

“You see that your sister was hurt twice and you jump to the conclusion that suits you best. You’ve been with him for the past three days he’s a great guy. He had the choice of letting you die and getting his freedom back but he chose to save your life. Don’t you appreciate that?”

“Of course I do.”

“Then let him go, let’s pack up the van and go. Just leave him here.”

Sam had tears in her eyes and shook her head, “I can’t. Brianna has less than a month to live. I want to at least give her part of the only wish she’s had since she found out she was dying. My mother spent the last of her savings flying out to see them in New York.”

“I know I was there. At least tell him what’s going on.”

“Not yet.” He held her tight and kissed the top of her head. She looked into his eyes, “Kenny you can leave any time you want.”

“Never, I may not always agree with you but I will always support you.” Kenny leaned down and kissed her lips softly then said, “I love you.”

She put her arms around his neck and pulled him as close as possible and gave him a deep passionate kiss. “I love you too,” she replied.

“Let’s get to bed it’s going to be a long drive to Tahoe.” He looked at Sam and smiled a devilish smile. “You’re going to be the first girl I ever had in that bed.”

“And I better be the last.”
Sign up to rate and review this story