Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"Because we always listen to what Uncle John says."

by Syn_INC 1 review

"That's it. But I will play a song that's got one of my favorite titles. Its so dirty but its a love song- so there. This is 'I'm Like a Lawyer, With the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off'..."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-11 - Updated: 2008-03-12 - 1640 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 16
The concert started promptly at 806p.
John is just the weirdest person you could ever meet. Or, could ever know if I should say.
He opened with Stevie Ray Vaughn's 'Pride and Joy'. I nudged Ginny and she just shook her head. This wasn't her favorite song in the world at the moment. Simply because she couldn't beat this song on Expert, on Guitar Hero III.
After that John went into 'Gravity', 'Wheel', 'Love Song for No One', a soon to be new one 'Say' from a new movie release called 'The Bucket list' and then 'St. Patrick's Day' ("I fucking hate this song Cali. I don't know why. But I just do." Ginny said rolling her eyes.) Then 'Waiting on the World to Change'
John went into some random rant about how the next song was about the paparazzi. I automatically knew it was 'Vultures' and he continued to rant on. He then said that one day he's gonna buy them 'Coke and Chicken Wings'. Those words exactly.
I can't wait for that moment.
But the funny thing was this, he's probably going to do it too.
After another few songs John busted out with this sick guitar riff. Ginny and I started to laugh when he stopped.
"I have some friends that are gonna be in concert here in a few days. And this is just the taste I'm gonna give you. I'm still working on it though."
John went into the 'Beat It' riff and only sung part of the song.
"That's it. But I will play a song that's got one of my favorite titles. Its so dirty but its a love song- so there. This is 'I'm Like a Lawyer, With the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off'. A Fall Out Boy song for those of you out there who dig them from their 'Infinity on High' album. That albums great. Everyone out there. Go get it."
"Because we always listen to what Uncle John says." Gin said laughing.
"Last year's wishes
Are this year's apologies,
Every last time I come home
I take my last chance
To burn a bridge or two
I only keep myself this sick in the head
Cause I know how the words get you
We're the new face of failure
Prettier and younger but not any better off
Bulletproof loneliness
At best, at best..." John sung.
Ginny and I looked at each other shocked.
"I knew John had a great voice but you'd think he'd rival your 'Cariño' in this song." Gin said with half a smile.
"Shut up and sing."
"Fine."
"Me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
If I woke up next to you!"
~~
"Me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
If I woke up next to you." Pete and Joe sang.
"Collect the bad habits
That you couldn't bare to keep
Out of the woods but I love
A tree I used to lay beneath
Kissed teeth stained red
From a sour bottle baby girl
With eyes the size of baby worlds
We're the new face of failure
Prettier and younger but not any better off
Bulletproof loneliness
At best, at best..." Patrick sung his little heart out and all he could think of was Cali.
She made all this worth wile. And he didn't mind touring. But after the tour its back to the studio with Gym Class Heroes and maybe a new Fall Out Boy album.
Maybe...
It was when Pete started to sing the next verse that Patrick realized his mouth had stopped moving. He joined in right at the middle and continued.
"-way
To make it through
With hearts and wrists intact
Is to realize
Two out of three ain't bad
Ain't baaaaaaaad!"
Joe and Pete laughed at this and Andy oblivious to the world kept drumming. He'd hear about it later.
The guys went into "Golden" then 'XO' and from that time in Minnesota this song has always just been funny.
~~
"Well if he didn't sing the hell out of those songs." Ginny said through a yawn.
"Where to?"
"Donno. What do you feel like doing?"
"Hey. Where would John go?" i asked suddenly
"Good question."
We walked into Tabù at MGM Grand and there he was, just sitting there with a group of friends. You'd think he'd be in the VIP, but no, not John. He doesn't do VIP.
"Go!" Ginny said pushing me forward in his direction.
"Umm NO you can go. You're not in a weird relationship thingy at the moment." I responded.
"Fine."
"Cojones mas grandes."
"Largate!."
Ginny came back with this sour look on her face. The kind you get after eating a bag of SweetTarts and notice there's still more. I stared at her and crooked my neck.
"The verdict?" I asked.
"He wasn't there." She responded.
"What do you mean he's-"
I pointed to air and we walked over to the bar, it was time for drinks.
It was then Ginny saw John at the other end of the bar and caught the attention of the bartender.
"Yea, I wanna take care of that guys drinks. Right there." Ginny stated.
"That's John Mayer." Rich, the bartender responded.
"The fuck and?" Ginny said rolling her eyes.
"You would pay for John's drinks just to see what he would do." I added taking way my Heineken and walking away with her.
"Well this maybe the last day we have some sort of fun before the guys come right?" She questioned, "can you believe how he rocked that Fall Out Boy song?"
"The God's are pleased." i said taking a swig of my drink.
"I hope they are because I practiced that shit for days." A voice stated, "by the way. Thanks for the drink." he said holding it up we brought ours up as well and did the toast thing.
"You're welcome." Ginny responded.
We sat there with John, his brother Ben and a few of his friend. We took countless pictures and couldn't post until later.
Ginny had her way with John on the dance floor and that was just about it. After about 340a when we left, they tried to invite us back to another place. This was it, this is where we say goodbye.
"It was fun." John stated.
"Maybe our paths will cross another day." Gin said as she jotted a number in her phone.
"Yea later."
"Later."
The moment we got into the room and had some food it all didn't sit right. I threw up first and then Gin was right behind me. That's what the 20th shot of tequila will do to you. We were going to have fun being sick.
It was about Noon when Gin picked herself off the floor and went to take a shower. I didn't know where that ringing was coming from so i looked around and found my phone on the charger. I don't remember doing that when we got in.
"Yea?" I groaned.
"Sugar we're going down swinging." He stated.
"God I hope we don't."
"What?"
"Nothing. Ginny got me drunk last night. I think she slipped me a rufie."
"That's because I was trying to get into your pants!" Gin yelled.
"Did she just say that?"
"She did."
"Where'd you guys go?"
"Tmm- ummm, some spot in Wrigleyville. We passed by Pete's store. We were so bored." I said through laughter, "and then we had Taco Bell."
"Mmmm, Taco Bell." Gin and I said at the same time.
"What are you 2 doing today. And its Friday. Shouldn't she be at work and you doing what it is you do?"
"She called off because we were so drunk last night that we couldn't function this morning."
"Oh."
"Yea."
"Niiiiice." Ginny mouthed at my quick thinking.
I high 5ed her and she crawled into bed next to me.
"I don't wanna be alone." She whined.
"Right. That. What are you up too Patrick?"
"We're driving to what's today the 30th?"
"You just said it. And I thought you didn't have a show yesterday?"
"See ok, we didn't right but we made good on a favor. How did you know we had a show yesterday?"
"I wouldn't be much of a stalker if I didn't right?"
"True."
"And the InterWeb is a nice place."
"It is."
I listened to Gin's drunk snores and spoke to Patrick a bit longer until his voice soothed me to sleep. Where I fell into my own drunk snores.
~~
"I- I think she fell asleep on me." Patrick said laughing looking down at his phone
"I'm not sure if that's good or bad."
"Take it how you wanna take it Lunchbox." Pete said smacking Patrick's hand.
"I didn't do anything!"
Pete stopped and looked at him.
"You didn't." Andy chimed in.
"The fuck..." Joe whispered.
"This is NOT a DRILL you guys!" Pete said as they all dogpiled on Patrick.
"That's a RIB!" Patrick stated laughing.
~~
"What to do...what to do..." I said pacing.
"We can sit here and do nothing or we can go see the guys show in that state they're in." Gin suggested.
"Yes, lets drive 8 hours, only to drive 8 back. That's a brilliant idea."
"Don't knock it."
Because we couldn't think of anything to do Gin and I sat there, watched movies, and ate until we fell asleep.

~@~
ALRIGHT! We absolutely HAD to add John Mayer because we love the man. he is sex with a guitar. well he is the blues guy who is sex with a guitar. WE LOVE JOHN MAYER. :) maybe another chapter if we finish it. but if not you've had 3 today don't be greedy! lol hopefully next chapter we can get these 2 lovebirds together. Yay for Vegas!
Besos
Kai and Kay
Sign up to rate and review this story