Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

Kenny and Carolyn

by Moonshyne 1 review

Kenny has a confession.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-14 - Updated: 2008-03-14 - 1414 words - Complete

0Unrated
Bob left the room once Brianna fell asleep. He in turn went to his bed and fell asleep. But soon it came, the nightmare.

It started off the same being in the dark and alone and feeling so incredibly helpless. Then he would here the voices and he would start to run he saw a light an ran towards it but when he got to it there was a gun staring him in the face. He took off and found another escape and again at the end he was trapped, this time by an electrified fence. The next tunnel was several big attack dogs he was becoming more and more desperate. As his heart rate rose, he started to sweat and his breathing became erratic. There was no way out of this helpless feeling. Then he found it, his salvation, a gun. He put it to his mouth, and slowly pulled the trigger…

Bob woke up suddenly, breathing heavily again. He felt familiar arms around him along with a familiar smell.

“Kat?”

“Bobby,” she started to cry. “I thought you were dead, but here you are. You’re really here.”

“So are you. I’ve missed you so much. The thought of seeing you again is what kept me going.”

“I’m so sorry. I just wanted you to get help. I wanted you to deal with feeling so helpless. Are you okay? It seemed like you had a pretty bad nightmare.”

“Just hold me.” Kat climbed into the bed next to him and they held each other.

Sam wanted to talk to Bob she hadn’t uttered a word since they brought him in. She needed to ask him something about last night. Something she felt and knew she shouldn’t have nor had a right to. Something she was sure he felt too. She opened the door and found Bob and Kat on the bed in as can only be described as a heavy make out session. Sam smiled and quietly closed the door.

Half hour later the halls were filled with noise as the band and wives/fiancées crowded into the room. Kat was trying to get her self together as they walked in.

“And what have you two been doing,” smiled Mikey.

Bob looked down and blushed.

“If you guys need more time, we’ll come back,” said Ray as politely as possible trying not to crack up laughing.

Bob felt like a teenage boy being caught by his mother, except he was a full grown man and he and Kat were fully dressed now.

“Never thought of a hospital bed, that has to be a new place for any of us,” laughed Frank.

After the teasing died down they spoke of the press conference and what was going on tomorrow, including interviews with the FBI. Bob was not looking forward to that. Could he pull it off? Could he keep Sam and Kenny out of trouble?

Meanwhile Kenny was by himself outside on a terrace reserved for smoking. He grabbed a cigarette from Bob’s pack he was holding on to, and lit it. He hadn’t smoked in years. He was having a nervous breakdown about the FBI interview tomorrow. He hated lying and here he was going to have to somehow protect his girlfriend from what she did. He heard footsteps coming toward him.

“Those things will kill you.”

“Thanks for helping me out back at the press conference. You didn’t have to.”

“That’s okay. I didn’t want the press to think we hire bumbling idiots.”

“That’s me.”

“So what’s eating at you? First the press conference, something you usually thrive at, now this. You haven’t smoked in years. Not since.”

“I know what not since. I’m just nervous about this whole FBI thing.”

“What’s to be nervous about, you found him you brought him here?”

“It’s just not that simple.”

“So what happened?”

Kenny looked on the ground he could never lie to Carolyn. “There’s just so much more you don’t know.”

“Tell me. Maybe I can help.”

“We didn’t just find Bob at Lake Tahoe, Sam found him in a bank in Chicago.”

Carolyn’s brown eyes went wide as her jaw dropped.

“Is she threatening all of you to keep your mouths shut?”

“No. She wanted to turn herself in, but Bob won’t let her. He understands.”

“He understands that she kidnapped him and brought him all the way out here for what?”

“To give Brianna her dying wish. This is why it would never work out with us. There’s no gray. Even her victim understands gray. So what are you going to do?”

“I’m going to call the FBI.”

“I knew I never should have told you.”

“I’m going to contact my connections at the FBI and make sure they are lenient on the questioning for you three.”

“Why?”

“Just because you left me doesn’t mean I stopped loving you. It means you stopped loving me.”

“I never stopped loving you. I just fell in love with someone else.”

Kenny handed her his jacket, “Here, you look cold.”

Carolyn put it on and placed her hands in the pockets. One held the pack of cigarettes and the other held a square velvet box. Carolyn pulled it out and looked at it.

“Her ring is beautiful. When are you giving it to her?”

Kenny choked on the smoke from his last drag.

“It’s not mine. It’s Bob’s, he had it that day. I don’t think Sam and I are really ready for that type of commitment yet, if ever.”

“What?”

“Did I say that out loud? When Sam and I met it was magical. It was like a supernova bursting in the sky. But like a supernova it slowly fades to nothing. It’s not the same as it was, it started happening even before Bob. And since we’ve been with him I don’t know who I am anymore. I’ve lied, Carolyn. There are four great guys up there that have no idea Bob’s savior was also his captor. The killer is it’s at his request and I still blame her. If she never did this we wouldn’t be in this mess. But seeing Brianna’s face when she first saw Bob how was Sam wrong? I’m so fucking confused.”

“Do you still love her?”

“Yes and no. I don’t think I’m in love with her anymore. But I am going to be with her until the end. Until we know that Brianna will be fine. Three months ago I was so sure about everything. I gave it all up for her I just don’t know if I would do it all over again.”

“Wow.”

Carolyn looked up at Kenny, who in turn looked down at her, “Thanks for helping us.”

“I’ll always be there Ken.”

“You’re the only one who could call me that.”

Kenny pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head, then he put his curled forefinger under her chin and lifted her head up and then lightly kissed her. A few seconds later it was deep and passionate. They finally broke apart.

Sam watched the whole thing unfold and though Kenny was right, things had changed these past few months, it still hurt. Tears filled her eyes as she watched the couple. Then she felt two arms envelope her, she knew exactly who they belonged to. She leaned on to his chest in the cool air she was thankful he was dry this time.

“Are you going to be okay?” he whispered in her ear. It gave her a jolt.

“Yeah, what are you doing up here?”

Bob pointed at the sign.

“Want to light one up for me?”

“Sure.”

They found a secluded bench and she leaned against him while he put his arm around her at they sat there and talked. He held her closer when Kenny and Carolyn walked by. They never even noticed them on the bench. They were just staring at each other. Bob and Sam just started talking about random things, though every once he stole a peck on the top of her head.

“You need to get back to your room and get some rest. Big day tomorrow.” Sam prayed that Carolyn was true to her word.
Sign up to rate and review this story