Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

For Brianna

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

Sam and Kenny refuse the reward, however Craig has other ideas. Bob spends some time with Brianna.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-13 - Updated: 2008-03-13 - 1675 words - Complete

0Unrated
After the third phone call Brian left the room. He went to the nurses desk and asked where he could find the hospital administrator. Ten minutes later he was in the administrator’s office explaining exactly who was in their hospital. He also explained how Bob wanted to give a small concert for some of the patients. The administrator found the perfect place it wasn’t in the hospital it was an auditorium on campus. Used for general lectures. He also found someplace for a press conference.

Brian made his way back up to the room and saw that Craig had arrived. He was already in LA for a video shoot, so it was a short drive down to Sand Diego.

Craig took Brian aside, “He looks good doesn’t he?”

“All things considering. We really didn’t know what we would find. At one point we thought he was dying, when he called you could feel a huge weight being lifted off of everyone’s shoulders.”

“Where are his rescuers? I need banking information.”

“He’s a doctor here so it shouldn’t be so hard to track him down.”

Brian went to the nurses station again. “Can you beep Kenny Davis?”

“I could or you can turn around,” said the nurse with a smile.

“Kenny,” said Brian. Brian steered him away from the nurses station, “I’d like to introduce you to Craig Aaronson. He’s with the record label and wants your banking information so you can collect the reward.”

“About that,” Kenny looked in the room where Sam and Brianna were still sleeping on the small hospital bed, “my girlfriend and I decided not to take the reward. Getting Bob the help he needed was enough.”

Both Kenny and Sam knew that without the reward money, Brianna would die. But they just couldn’t see being rewarded for something they caused. On top of that, Bob wanted to keep it a secret between the three of them. He had given them enough he had given them their freedom and a chance at life.

Kenny walked into Brianna’s room and shut the door.

Craig turned to the nurse, “Who’s in Room 415?”

“That is Brianna Green.”

“What’s wrong with her?”

“She needs a heart and lung transplant, if she doesn’t get one soon she’ll die.”

“What’s the problem? No organs?”

“She had to pass two times. They can’t afford the surgery. The fund for the surgery is a little over one hundred thousand short and she’ll need after care.”

“Would two hundred and fifty thousand help?”

The nurse had tears in her eyes as the whole staff had grown very close to Brianna, “yeah.”

“Get me the banking information and bring it into Bob’s room.”

“Bob?”

“Room 416”

“That’s Teddy’s room.”

“Then Teddy’s room.” Craig smirked as he left and though, ‘is she going to be in for a surprise when she finds out the truth’.

Craig walked back into the room and Bob was all smiles he found out earlier about the reward and knew what it meant. Sam did it she saved her sister’s life.

Brian turned to Craig, “So what are you going to do with the two hundred and fifty thousand?”

“What do you mean?” asked Bob.

“They refused to take the reward.”

“What??? They need that. They can’t save her life without it.”

Craig pulled Brian off to the side and whispered, “Make sure Kenny and his girlfriend are at the press conference.”

“All of it was for nothing?” screamed Bob.

Frank looked at Bob, “All of what?”

“What they went through to save my life and now they can’t save hers.”

Kenny was thankful Sam and Brianna were sleeping. He felt bad that he upset Bob. But it was his and Sam’s decision. The hard part would be telling Brianna.

Brian had scheduled the conference for six o’clock California time. At quarter of he gathered the parties, which included the band, himself, Craig, Kenny, Sam, Bob’s attending Carolyn and the hospital administrator.

They all sat at a table with Gerard in the middle as the spokesperson for the band.

Bob got out of bed dragging his IV to the room next door. He heard a subtle sobbing as he knocked.

“Go away.”

“Please Brianna can we talk?”

She knew that voice anywhere, “Come in.”

He walked in and the room was in total darkness. “Can I turn on the light?”

“Yeah.”

“You’re not watching the press conference?”

“So I can watch Sam and Kenny commend me to my death. No thanks.”

“Brianna, your sister would do anything for you. I got to know her over the past few days. She would do anything to save your life. Maybe in the conference they’ll plead for donations.”

“Maybe.” She looked at him curiously, “Why did you say past few days?”

“Did I? I meant past day. I guess I’m still fuzzy from the concussion.”

Brianna’s mind started thinking. Her mother told her Sam left a day later due to some problems. Now Bob said he spent a few days with her, and on top of it all Sam refused the reward. Sam knew how badly they needed that money and she refused it because…

“She’s the one, isn’t she?” Brianna started screaming.

Bob put a hand over her mouth to quiet her. “Listen to me. I’m going to take my hand off your mouth and you will keep quiet. Yes your sister is the one. The money she stole was tainted and she was going to let me go. But then she found out who I was and wanted to at least give you part of your dying wish.”

“Why didn’t she just ask you?”

“I asked that same question last night. She just had preconceived notions of the band and never thought I would come willingly.”

“What happened to your hair?”

“Your sister and Kenny went nuts trying to hide me, I guess.”

“How bout the bloody hoodie?”

“I walked into a wall and broke my nose. It just wouldn’t stop bleeding.”

“Did she treat you good?”

“Yeah.” Bob wasn’t about to tell her the truth. He knew it would drive them apart and right now they needed each other. “You are the single most important thing to her. You know that. She could have lost everything to save your life or give you your last wish.”

“Would you do that for someone you loved?”

“Yeah.”

Bob turned the television on. Brian was starting to talk.

“First of all there will be no questions taken during this conference. The band has been through enough. We’ll say what we need to say and leave. Gerard.”

“First of all I want to thank our fans out there for all their love and support. When I say we have the best fans in the world, I truly mean it. The way that you all pulled together for a common cause was unbelievable to this band. But someone heard your prayers, because last night Bob was found and brought here to San Diego. I want to thank Kenny who has been absolutely wonderful through all this and Sam for finding Bob. Words cannot describe how we feel about these two people. Bob is resting comfortably and should be released tomorrow or the next day. Again I want to thank everyone, fan or not, for their support. To say that this is the best day ever would be an understatement. And Bob if you’re watching we love you.”

Brian spoke next “Kenny and Sam will give a brief statement regarding how they found Bob and how he ended up here.”

Kenny motioned for Sam to start. “We were driving up towards a family vacation home when I spotted something running in the woods we turned around and it was gone. I got out of the van and went to the spot where we saw the shadow. I tripped over his body. We took him back to the house and tried to warm him but once we lost power due to an avalanche we decided to bring him here.”

Kenny was starting to speak but was struggling and having a panic attack. Carolyn took over. “If it weren’t for the quick thinking of my colleague, Mr. Bryar could have died. When he was brought in he was suffering from severe hypothermia, a concussion and deep lacerations on the head. We warmed him through a body wash, made sure there was no blood on the brain and due to his past history of the abscess we started a treatment of antibiotics. Mr. Bryar has been awake several hours and will make a full recovery.” Carolyn smiled at Kenny, who in turn smiled back.

“Lastly Craig Aaronson of Reprise records would like to speak,” said Brian.

“First of all like Gerard I would like to thank everyone for their thought and prayers. But this road isn’t over yet. It seems Sam and Kenny have refused the reward set forth by the record company. They believed finding Bob was its own reward. I later found out that the money really is needed but somewhere else. The record company has chosen to donate two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to the Brianna Green Organ Transplant Fund. I challenge everyone out there to continue their prayers and thoughts to this special young lady, who just happens to be a huge My Chem fan. Brianna is our own Sam’s sister and even if she wasn’t she would still have my prayers and thoughts."

Brianna looked at Bob and started crying. He got into bed with her and held her tight as she softly sang, “I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone.”

“You’ll never be alone again, doll.” Bob kissed her on the top of her head.
Sign up to rate and review this story