Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

Reunions

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Kenny, Sam and Bob arrive in San Diego. Let the reunions begin.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-12 - Updated: 2008-03-12 - 3322 words - Complete

1Moving
The four didn’t even pack they just got in the car and drove past the reporters and headed for Newark airport. An hour later they were in the air. It was just Brian and the guys. Kat begged top come but they wanted to make sure that Bob even wanted to see her. They were nervous themselves did Bob even want to see them? They realized they really hurt him these past few months, but if only he knew how much they really missed him. He was their rock, they always felt a huge comfort with him behind the kit. During those shows something was always off even if the music wasn’t, or the show wasn’t, the mood was. They couldn’t wait to see their brother and tell him.

“So what did Bob have to say?” asked Brian.

“We didn’t speak to Bob, he was resting,” said Mikey.

Brian looked at them incredulously, “You’re traveling across the country because someone may or may not have Bob?”

“He sounded legit,” again Mikey spoke but more quietly this time.

“Con artist do. What do you know about this guy?”

“He was taking Bob to a hospital in San Diego,” said Ray.

“What’s the number he called on?”

“I got it,” said Frank.

Frank dialed the number and someone answered, “Doug Fellows.”

“Is Kenny there?”

“He took a med flight out of here about twenty minutes ago with his girlfriend and his cousin.”

“His cousin?” asked Brian. “What did he look like?”

“I really didn’t get a chance to see his face because he was covered in blankets, but he did have black hair.”

“Thanks Doug, do you have a number where we can reach him?” asked Ray.

Doug gave them Kenny’s cell.

“I’m sorry guys,” said Brian, “it was just someone pulling a fast one on you.”

“Didn’t Kenny say Bob was suffering from hypothermia?” asked Mikey.

“I think we call Kenny and find out exactly what is going on,” said Gerard.

They called the number Doug had given them.

Kenny felt his phone vibrate and looked at the number, it was from Reprise. How the hell did they find out so soon. Maybe his bandmates told the record company. He didn’t have time for this right now. He was helping the emergency room staff in getting Bob situated so they could treat his hypothermia in honesty. They had to do a warm flush throughout his body and start filling him with warm IV fluids. Kenny had given him one bag, but he found out it wasn’t warm enough. Bob laid there unconscious, his body had suffered so much trauma it just wanted to sleep. They put a long tube down his throat to start the sending warm water to his stomach. And tubes in various other spots to get the saline through out his organs as the saline worked through the bloodstream. They had undressed him and put him in a hospital gown and put heated blankets on him. All they could do now is wait and hope that what Kenny did and what they now were doing was enough.

Kenny looked up and noticed Sam was gone. He knew exactly where she went.


The door to room 415 was closed. It meant the patient in there wanted her privacy and didn’t want to see anyone. She laid in her bed watching the latest update about her favorite band. They had cancelled their press conference and sources said that they had gone in seclusion to mourn their friend’s loss. She was lost in her thoughts when she heard a slight knock on the door.

“Go away,” said the young woman.

The door opened slightly, as the figure shimmied in.

“Do you really mean that?”

“Sam?”

“Hey there sweetie,” said Sam as she walked up to Brianna’s bed. Brianna laid there with a heart monitor attached and an oxygen tube attached to her nose. She was so thin from her muscles not being used the bed looked like it could engulf her. Her dark brown hair was thin and stringy from all the medication she had been on. It used to be long and thick. Sam used to be so jealous because she had hair just like their Dad’s. The young woman lying in the bed was only a reflection of who she used to be.

“Hi.”

“What are you watching?”

“The news.”

“Anything interesting?”

Brianna shut it off, “Nothing you’d be interested in. Is Kenny with you?”

“He’s in the emergency room with his cousin.”

“His cousin, is everything okay?”

“I hope so.”

Bob was hooked up to all sorts of tubes all with one goal to warm him up. After getting all the tubes and the lavaging began they concentrated on the wound on his forehead, cleaning it up and adding a few more stitches. The head attending noticed something weird, besides the black hair with the blonde facial hair that had seemed to be almost a week old, but a hole in his bottom lip that used to hold a lip ring and the holes in his ears were stretched more that normal piercings.

Kenny once seeing that Bob seemed stable went out to get some coffee. He was exhausted but wanted to be alert when he went to see Brianna. Then he and Sam would go back to his place for some much needed sleep. His phone vibrated for the fifth time that hour, always with the same name popping up. He finally answered it was time to face the music.

“Kenny Davis here.”

“It’s Frank, do you or don’t you have Bob?”

“I told you I did. He’s about twenty feet away from me.”

“Then why did that Doug guy say you had left with your cousin?”

“I told you that I would protect him. If Doug found out who he was we would have been surrounded by news crews before we even touched the helipad. Bob wanted to see you guys first, that’s if you wanted to see him.”

“Of course we want to see him,” said Ray. “As a matter of fact we’re in the air now.”

“Let me know when you’re a half hour out, I’ll see about getting you guys in to see him undetected.”

“That would be great Kenny.”

Just then Kenny heard all sorts of monitors going off and staff running to Bob’s bed then he heard Carolyn count down “Three, two, one clear!”

“I have to go I’ll call you at this number in a little while.”

Frank turned to the other guys, “Did you hear that?”

They all nodded their heads and though Kenny never said anything, they knew by his reaction that it was Bob. This was going to be longest plane ride the band had ever been on.

Kenny got to where Bob was as the staff worked hurriedly to get the rest of the tubes out. He looked over at the ekg and luckily it only took one shock to bring his heart back to a normal rhythm.

Kenny turned to Carolyn, “What happened?”

“It seems we warmed him up a bit too quickly and his body didn’t really like it all that much.”

“He’s fine now. Kenny, can we talk?”

“Sure.”

Carolyn led him into the medicine supply room. “That’s not your cousin is it?”

Kenny looked down, he could never lie to Carolyn. “No.”

“It’s him isn’t it the one that’s been in the news for the past few days.”

“Yeah.”

“How can you do this to me again?”

“First when you walked out on me at our wedding. While you and your girlfriend went off to be secluded I had to deal with the paparazzi. I had to deal with the headlines. And now this? This is going to be a mad house once they find out he’s here. I have to go to the administration with this. They’re going to flip when they find out.”

“His band mates are on their way, let them tell the press.”

“No.”

“This is why I left you for Sam. She has a heart. Everything is black or white with you, no areas of grey. Sometimes things don’t fit into that perfect cookie cutter mold of yours. Sometimes you need to go outside of your narrow mindedness.”

“Did you ever love me?”

“Yeah.”

“More than Sam?”

“Once upon a time, yeah.”

“Fine I won’t tell anyone and you can handle the press this time.

“Hey Car, thanks.”

“See I can have an open mind at times.” Then she walked away to her next patient leaving Kenny just a little stunned.

Kenny walked to the elevator shaking his head.

He got off at the fourth floor, and saw the door to Brianna’s door closed. He knocked quietly. Sam told him to come in. She was laying in bed next to Brianna holding her sister.

She had her cd playing low it was on Welcome to the Black Parade.

Brianna looked at Kenny, “Hey” she said.

“Hey Bri what’s up?”

“I’m just feeling kind of sad.”

“Why’s that?”

“The drummer from my favorite band was taken hostage from a bank robbery four days ago and there is still no sign of him. I think the rest of the band has given up hope. They cancelled their press conference and went into seclusion to deal with all of it.”

“Maybe they haven’t gone into seclusion.”

“Then why did they disappear?”

“Can you keep a secret?”

“Of course I can, tell me?”

“I have something better, let’s go for a ride.”

Kenny lifted her frail body into a wheel chair with only her heart monitor attached. She needed to be off the oxygen for at least a little while any way.

The three of them went down to the emergency room and stopped at the bed that Bob was in.

“Is that?”

“Shhh it’s my cousin Teddy.”

“Oh,” said Brianna.

“Do the rest know?”

“They’re on their way here.”

Brianna smiled a real smile for the first time in a very long time.

“So what are you guys going to do with the money?”

“What money?”

“There was a two hundred and fifty thousand dollar reward for information leading to his safe return. Since you two safely returned him I guess you get it. Haven’t you two listened to any news?”

They looked at each other and said, “No.”

They went back to Brianna’s room to rest, they were all exhausted. Brianna and Sam slept on the bed while Kenny slept on a foldout chair. After a couple of hours he was awoken by his beeper. He looked down and saw that the number was Carolyn’s.

He went out to the nurse’s station and dialed her number. “What’s up?”

“Your patient is awake.”

Kenny yawned, “Good I’ll be right down.”

“I’m concerned about him.”

“What’s the matter?”

“Its how he woke up that has me concerned. He was startled and scared. He asked if he was safe. I told him yes and where he was, then he asked for you.”

Kenny knew all about Bob’s nightmares. A couple nights after he was taken they started; it resulted in Bob unable to sleep for hours and the two of them talking. Bob talked about how this was all affecting the band and Kat. There were times where he almost let Bob call home. But he remembered why he and particularly Sam were doing this and decided against it.

Kenny made his way down to the emergency room, he entered the area Bob was in and went behind the curtain.

“Hey there, how you feeling?” Kenny asked as he picked up his chart.

“Warm.”

Kenny took his temperature. “Much better 98 degrees. They took you for a cat scan that came out normal, and started you on antibiotics for your cut.”

“When can I get out of here?”

“Probably tomorrow or the day after.”

“That long?”

“Bob they want to monitor you heart for awhile. You went had arrhythmia and they had to shock you to get it back to normal. Granted they warmed you up too fast but they still want to make sure you’re okay.”

“So have I made the local news yet?”

“Nah. Only your attending recognized you and she promised not to say anything until they got here.”

“Who are they?” Bob could only imagine.

“Here I promised I would call them, but I fell asleep.”

Kenny dialed the number and handed the phone to Bob.

“Hello Kenny?” asked Gerard.

“Not quite,” answered Bob.

“Bob? It’s you, it’s really fucking you?”

“Yeah. How are you Gee?”

“So much fucking better now.”

“Really how are you?”

“It came close, I could almost taste it on my lips, but I didn’t.”

“Good it saves me from beating the shit out of you.”

“The rest of the band is here you want to talk to them?”

“Yeah,”

Gerard handed the phone to Ray as he walked away with tears in his eyes.

“Hey buddy, how you feeling?”

“Like shit and you?”

“Great now, I don’t think you can wipe the smile off my face. You had us really scared there.”

“Sorry.”

“Don’t be this isn’t your fault we’re just glad you’re okay.”

“Why do we have such a bad connection?”

“Maybe because we’re flying over Arizona right now?”

“You’re on your way here?”

“Yeah. Mikey’s getting anxious, he wants to say Hi.”

Ray handed the phone to Mikey and went over and gave Gerard a hug.

“Yo bro, what’s up?”

“Nothing too much. I’m just hanging out at a hospital because I have nothing better to do.”

“Coffee there must suck.”

“Not as much as yours. I would kill for a decent coffee, better yet a Red Bull. I haven’t had one in ages.”

“We’ll pick one up on the way there.”

“One? You best get me a four pack.”

“Brian wants to say Hi.”

Mikey handed the phone to Brian,

“Hey big guy. Man we were so fucking worried about you.”

“Thanks, I’m fine now. I can’t wait to get out of here and on the road again.”

“Bob take as long as you need. Tucker said he’s there if we need him.”

“We’ll see.”

Brian handed the phone to Frank.

“Hey Bob,”

“Hey Frank.”

“What can I say except we missed you terribly and thank god you’re alive.”

“I really missed you guys too. There wasn’t a moment I wasn’t thinking of you guys and Kat. Is she with you?”

“She’s not with us but she is on her way.”

“The nurse is waiting patiently for me to get off the phone. I’ll see you guys in a little while. Kenny wants to talk to the pilot.”

After finding out the ETA and where the plane would be parked, Kenny got on the phone to a former driver of the family, someone who would keep the utmost secrecy. He didn’t want anything to get in the way of this reunion.

Bob was taken via stretcher to his room, blankets covered every inch of him as they did not want anyone to remotely recognize him. He was going to be staying in Room 416 right next to Brianna.

Bob hated being in hospitals and yet he found himself in one again. He was getting restless and had only been in his room for twenty minutes. Two days were going to be hell. He went to get up and sat right back down, the dizziness was overwhelming. Besides he really didn’t want to go anywhere with this tube between his legs. He hated catheters, how humiliating that you can’t even take a piss by yourself. There was a knock on the door and it was a resident and a nurse.

“Hello Mr. Davis we’re here to take out that catheter,” said the way too perky nurse.

“This is going to hurt just a bit,” said the doctor.

Bob just shook his head and said under his breath, “Fucking liar.”

“Excuse me?”

“Nothing. Just do it.”

Bob bit his bottom lip as they pulled the tube out, holding back his scream but breathed heavy when they were done.

“See it wasn’t so bad,” said the perky nurse. “We’ll be right in to get your lunch order.”

Kenny met the band at the service entrance. After introducing himelf, he proceeded to take them upstairs through the service elevator. Unfortunately as they walked by the nurses’ station people started to stare.

They got to Room 416 and Kenny quietly knocked.

Bob was wondering who could it be now. Maybe the perky nurse back with his lunch. It had been twenty-four hours since he had last eaten and he was starving.

“Come in.”

The Kenny led the other five into the room. Kenny snuck out as they gathered around the bed and each person gave Bob a long hug.

“We really missed you,” said Gerard, “not just this last week, but since you stopped touring with us. We want to say we’re sorry we should have thought more about your feelings.”

“No, I overreacted. I just didn’t know what was going on I felt like I was being replaced.”

“Don’t you know that we could never replace you? You’re way too important. It really wasn’t the same with out you. It was tough not seeing you behind the kit. We always feel better knowing that you’re there. Maybe we forget sometimes how important you are to us, but this incident really put into perspective.”

“It did the same for me too. It made me take a real good look at myself and other people. I’m really thankful for what I have. I have the best friends no the best brothers in the world who I would do anything for. I have a girlfriend who is beautiful inside and out. Or at least I had.”

“She’s been worried sick about you,” interjected Brian. “She loves you more than anything.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“You think she’ll take me back?”

“I think you’ll get sick of seeing her. She’ll probably never leave your side.”

“Good.”

Frank wanted to break the mood a little, “So that’s an interesting look.”

“What do you mean?”

“The black hair and blonde beard that’s just growing in. Where’s your lip ring?”

“Fuck if I know, probably being sold on e-bay.”

“First Gerard dyes his hair blonde, now you black. What’s this world coming to?” smiled Mikey.

“Except mine wasn’t by choice.”

“What happened?” asked Gerard.

Bob chose his words very carefully. “I was knocked out when it was done.”

Bob looked down for a second and then up at the ceiling “I know you guys have a lot of questions and want answers. And you will get them just not here and now. I really don’t want anyone hovering around when I tell you what I need to. Besides I don’t know if I’m really ready for it all.”

“Take as long as you need, we’re here for you, always,” said Ray.

“Thanks.”

“Anything we can get you Bob?” asked Brian.

Bob sat and thought for a moment, “I want to put on a show here at the hospital. Nothing fancy just six guys doing their thing.”

“Bob are you sure you’re up to it?” asked Brian.

“More than anything.”

With that Brian was on the phone making calls and making things happen.
Sign up to rate and review this story