Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Heart It Can't Contain It ...

Chapter Six

by Redrox 1 review

Flashback

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-03-19 - Updated: 2008-04-19 - 748 words

0Unrated
The home phone kept ringing.
“… Rachel come on, hello, answer me ...” Rachel broke from her thought and picked up the two phones.
“I’m sorry Mel I’ll have to talk to you later,” she hung up and answered the home phone.
“Hello?” Rachel asked but she thought she already knew who it was.
“Thanks for finally picking up! Are you ok? Have you heard?” Rachel’s mum sounded tired and weary as she spoke to Rachel.
“Well hello to you too Mum. I’m fine. How are you and dad?”
“Worried obviously. What’s happening in Sydney have you heard anything apart from the PM’s speech?”
“Yeah it’s an attack …” Rachel was interrupted by her auntie’s voice drifting through the phone.
“Sue come and watch this. It’s a video from Sydney!”
“Mum that’s a pretty nasty video.”
“What?”
“If that video is the one I think it is then it’s fucking horrible I don’t think you should watch it,” Rachel’s mum was a hard one, she could handle a lot of things, but Rachel knew it would just make her worry more.
“Pete! Come talk to Rachel I’ve got her on the phone,” there was a shuffle as the phone changed hands. Obviously her mum wanted to watch that video.
“Hello.”
“Hello dad how are you.”
“Fine but what about you? I’ve been trying to get hold of Karen but the lines are berserk,” her dad sounded agitated. He didn’t seem to like the fact that they were in England while she was there.
“Yeah, tell me about it, but why did you try to reach Karen?”
“Because you’re all alone.”
“Dad I’m 19 I’ll be fine!”
“Yeah but …”
“Dad chill out, Sydney is fuc… look it’s so far away. It’s the same distance away as Dover is from the top of Scotland, so relax you’ll stress yourself out.” Peter was one of the last people that still had a problem with Rachel’s swearing. She swore a lot.
“What the hell is that!?!” her mother screamed in the background. “Give me the phone Pete!” another scuffle as the phone traded hands again.
“I’m getting you out of there now!” Dean’s voice drifted through the phone.
“Mum calm down,” Dean, Rachel’s 30 year old brother, had chosen to stay in England while Rachel and their parents had moved.
“No I’m not calming down! Did you see that thing!?”
“Oh my god, Sue! It … it just killed her,” another voice thundered down the line.
“What?” Sue was scared now and she didn’t want to hear the answer to her question.
“Sue it just killed the girl who was recording! It broke her neck!” silence followed and Rachel was the first to speak.
“Bet you wished you’d taken me now huh?”
“What! Rachel why did you say that … I … couldn’t …”
“Mum, mum! Calm down for fucks sake, I was joking. For the last time, it’s happening in SYDNEY! Sydney is thousands of miles away!”
“I know that but … look I love you, you know that right.”
“Fucking hell! Mum you’re making it sound like this is the last time you’re going to talk to me,” silence followed and again it was Rachel that broke it.
“Mum,” she asked, “seeing as this has caused me much physical, emotional and mental stress I will require some therapy. Preferably in the form of a brand spanking new sparkly red DW drum kit complete with Zildjian symbols.”
“Yeah right! You’ll have to lose a leg before I do that! But then you won’t be able to play properly, so it would be pointless me buying it for you.”
“No, not really you’ll just have to fork out more cash for a custom made pedal as well.”
“Is there any thing that would stop you from playing?”
“No not really. I could lose both my hands and I’d still play.”
“How the hell would you do that?”
“I would attach the sticks to my arms of course. Rather than the hook man that attacks lovers, it would be Drumstick girl that poked anyone who was boring.”
The pair started to laugh. Rachel had managed to calm her mother down, but there was still something lurking in the back of her mind. That feeling she had earlier was sitting in the shadows, biding it’s time.
Sign up to rate and review this story