Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Actions Do Tend To Have Consequences. They Aren't Always Good.

Spencer

by Panic_FOB_Obsessive 4 reviews

Spencer's POV on "the situation".

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-03-19 - Updated: 2008-03-19 - 1193 words

2Original
Spencer's POV

Ryan has been my best friend for...well, years. Since we were kids.
I guess I know him better than most.
He's a fairly quiet person, I guess. Doesn't voice his opinions unless he has to. Not that he's always quiet. He can be pretty loud. When he wants to be. He prefers to just sit and write.
He and Brendon have become really close now. They weren't at the start, really. I think it's because Ryan thought Brendon wanted to take over the band that he and I started, so long ago now. Luckily, he realised that just wasn't it.
'Cause they were clashing waaay too much for my liking. Not that they were annoying. They were quite funny actually. They clashed so much because Brendon's always so...well, hyper. Okay, not always. But a lot of the time.
(NEVER give him coffee unless you absolutely have to. Seriously.)
Anyway, Ryan and Brendon are really close now. Like brothers in a way I guess. They do act like it. Always taking the mickey out of each other and joking around. They definitely make us laugh. Especially when one of them is pouting about something (usually Ryan) and the other is trying to cheer them up by being...weird (usually Brendon).

But sometimes, I can't help but think that there might just be something more to it. Especially lately.
Brendon seems to be...thinking a lot. I'm not sure what about, but...he just seems...absent. Not often...Just, occasionally, if you catch him when he thinks there's nobody else around. He just stands there, or sits there, and looks like he's really...I don't know.
Confused, maybe?
I'm not sure.

Ryan just thinking is nothing new. He used to spend the majority of his time in his own world when we were younger. Either that or playing his guitar, of course. How else do you think he got so good?
If you leave Ryan alone for just five minutes, like, after he's had breakfast for example, he'll just sit there at the table with his head propped up on one hand, vacantly staring into space. He says he's either randomly in his own world or searching "inside himself" for lyrics to use. Yeah, he can be pretty deep. It's kind of scary sometimes; you have to yell at him or snap your fingers in front of his face a few times to get him to come back down to Earth.
One time, when Brendon has first joined the band; it was scary ar first, but then quite funny; Ryan was sitting cross-legged on his bed, having been writing lyrics, paper everywhere, (he's not exactly the most organised person) and as is a regular occurance, he was completely lost in his own world. Of course, Brendon didn't know that Ryan tended to do this.
He walked into the room and said "Hi," to Ryan, then started looking for something or other. Having not got an answer off Ryan, he turned and saw him just randomly staring into space.
"Ry?" he asked, going over to him and waving a hand in front of his face. "Oi. Ryan." he clicked his fingers in front of him.
Okay, you're probably wondering how I know all this. Well, truth is, I was eavesdropping. I had seen Ryan was "daydreaming/thinking up lyrics" and I, of course, knew how difficult it could be to get him to snap out of it.
By this point, Brendon was obviously getting a bit freaked out. Well, if someone you knew was just sitting there, still as a statue, not responding to anything you said, or were doing, you'd be likely to be a bit freaked too.
"Ry?" he said again, looking rather worried now.
Having not got a response from the guitarist, he ran to the door and yelled, "SPENCER!"
I stumbled, not having expected him to yell that loud, and tried to look nochalant, as though I had just walked around the corner. "What's up?"
Brendon looked at me anxiously. "There's something wrong with Ry!"
I bit my lip to keep myself laughing at the scared expression on his face and tried to look as though I didn't know what he was talking about."What d'you mean?"
"He's like...just...Oh, come here!"
He dragged me in the room and gestured to Ryan, still oblivious.
I swear there's something wrong with that boy.
"Yeah...And?" I said to Brendon.
"Well...LOOK!" he said, confused as to why I didn't seem concerned at Ryan's apparant complete lack of awareness. "He's just like...not...like...responding, or...anything!" Brendon continued, getting stuck looking for words to describe the situation, something I would later discover he was liable to do often.
Anyway, I sighed and rolled my eyes, sneaking a quick peek at Brendon, who now looked thoroughly confused.
I walked over to Ryan and shook him slightly. "Ryan!" I said loudly.
Ryan blinked suddenly and shook his head in confusion. "Huh? Wh-"
Ryan was interrupted mid-sentece as something jumped on him.
The something was, obviously, Brendon.
From my point of view, all I heard was: "You're okay!" followed by a blur and an "Oomph." from Ryan as Brendon tackled him in a big hug.
I laughed, finding the whole situation both ridiculous and hilarious, especially the rather scared face of Ryan as the known-to-be-hyperactive lead singer of the band jumped on him.

Anyway, what I am trying to describe is how Brendon and Ryan came to care for each other. Brendon is a naturally caring person, as well as known to overreact. Like in this case.
But in other cases, when Ryan is upset, not when he is pouting, that's just amusing, but when he's really upset, like when his dad died. Brendon was the only one around when Ryan found out.
He comforted his friend, looked after him and talked to him about it throughout the first few days of Ryan's grief.
I wasn't around when Ryan found out, and what he had needed was a real friend, which was found in Brendon. I'm just glad he was around, otherwise it would have been so much worse for Ryan to have to deal with all that alone.

Ryan has done the same for Brendon on many occasions. He is naturally not the loudest of people, and tends to make a very good listener. A times when Brendon has needed someone to talk to, he has found that Ryan has been the best to talk to.

So all this brought the two of them close togther, and the friendship just carried on growing.

Back to present day, what with Brendon seemingly "Doing a Ryan" and being lost in thought, I'm confused as to what is going on.

But, when the two of them pretend to "Get it on" up on stage, I can't help but think there might be a bit more to it...

--

Well, I've written this in my Graphics class, on an impulse, so I doubt it's any good. I don't have time to check it! Argh!
I will update soon. Please review! It makes my day. :]
Sign up to rate and review this story