Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

The Godfather

by Moonshyne 1 review

Bob and Sam ask Ray to be godfather.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-20 - Updated: 2008-03-20 - 1047 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sam’s POV

Five months later.

I can’t believe we made it this far. I started to feel tired again and Bob is so sweet he waits on me hand and foot. I love thinking back when he felt the baby first move. I don’t think I ever saw him so happy.

Of course now the baby won’t stop moving and we laugh watching my stomach move in all sorts of weird positions. I have seven weeks left and we really need to get the nursery ready. We bought the house in Downers Grove two months ago and remodeled the room that is going to be the nursery. We have a crib, bureau and changing table. We need to put on the bedding. We were going to go neutral but we know what we’re having so we might as well go all out. We chose the palest pink and it should look so nice in there. Once this was done the room will be complete.

We decided to name her Mary Louise, Mary after my mom, and Louise after his. We conceived shortly after my mom died and felt that she was my guardian angel helping us. Bob’s mom passed away just after we found out we were pregnant. It will be tough for Mary not to have any grandparents but she’ll have me and Bob, Brianna and Robby who now live in New York, Kenny and Carolyn though they are still out in San Diego fighting the good fight. Since Kenny got his trust fund he has been working on several charities, long giving up his career in surgery. Carolyn gave up her career as well taking care of the four children that they have adopted. Then there’s the band and their wives. I feel good knowing that they are always there for us even though we live so far away.

We found out that Ray is going to be in town for a few days and he’s going to be staying with us. I think it will be great for Bob and it will give us an opportunity to ask him to be Mary’s godfather. He’s arriving in Chicago this morning and will be here later this afternoon.

Narrator’s POV

At three o’clock the doorbell finally rang. Bob answered it and saw his best friend standing at the door.

“You finally made it.”

“The meeting ran longer that I thought.”

“Wow this place is really nice.”

“We got it cheap and we need to do some renovations.”

Sam walked out and gave Ray a huge hug. “We’ve missed you.”

“We miss you guys too. Move out to Jersey.”

“We just bought this house, besides you know as much as I love Jersey, Chicago is my home.”

“Yeah I know.”

“Look at how big you are? How much longer?”

“Seven weeks.”

“You look absolutely radiant.”

“Why thank you Mr. Toro.”

Ray walked up to her stomach, waived and said, “Hi Mary.”

“Let me take you upstairs to your room. You can rest for a little while I’m gonna barbecue some chicken in a little while.”

Ray smiled at his friend and then took his bags into the room. He wondered if Bob noticed that he brought his guitar case. He was hoping they would get out Saturday night and jam with a few friends.

Ray took a nice long hot shower washing the day off him. He couldn’t wait to have some of Bob’s grilled chicken. Bob did really know how to barbecue. Ray thought back when Bob was still doing sound with The Used and they toured together everyone would come over to their bus just to have some of Bob’s cooking. It seemed like yesterday.

After dinner Bob cleared the table and they went out to the patio to enjoy the spring night and have some ice tea.

Bob looked seriously at Ray, “We want to ask you something?”

“Go ahead and shoot.”

“Will you be Mary’s godfather?”

“I’d be honored.”

“Thanks.” Ray hugged Bob and then Sam. Then he patted Sam’s stomach and said, “Hey there Mary. It’s Ray your godfather. I promise I’ll always be there for you.” Then he looked up at Bob and Sam, “You know I’ll always be here for you too.”

The next morning Ray and Bob were awake. “I saw you brought your guitar case.”

“About that I was hoping we could sneak out and jam a little with some friends.”

“Sure sounds like fun.”

“So who are we jamming with?”

“It’s a surprise.”

Bob was making pancakes when Sam came down the stairs, “Morning.”

She went over to Bob and gave him a kiss on the lips.

“Where’s mine?” asked Ray.

She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. “I think I got the short end of the stick.” Ray laughed.

In his best godfather impression “I made your husband an offer he can’t refuse.”

Sam looked at him and rolled her eyes, “Don’t give up your day job.”

“We’re going to jam with some friends,” said Bob.

“Really that’s great. I’ll have the house to myself. Thanks Ray.”

“Hey!!!” said Bob.

“It will give me a chance to get the nursery done.”

“As long as you don’t have any wild parties.”

“I won’t Daddy.”

Sam got changed into sweats and threw her hair up in a ponytail.

Bob turned to her, “You ready?”

“Where are you two going?”

“At nine o’clock every morning we go for a walk,” answered Sam.

“Want to come?” asked Bob.

“I’ll pass.”

“Bob why don’t you stay here with Ray. I can handle this on my own.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, spend sometime with Don Toro over here.”

Bob walked his wife to the door and gave her a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too." She put her head phones on and went on her way.

Bob went over to Ray and widened his eyes, “Guitar Hero?”

“You read my mind.”

Just as they were about to turn on the game, they heard a car screech around the corner and then a thud.
Sign up to rate and review this story