Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

Tragedy Strikes

by Moonshyne 1 review

What was the thud?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-21 - Updated: 2008-03-21 - 1599 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ray’s POV

Bob and I looked at each other and he ran outside I grabbed my cell phone in case we needed to call 911. I prayed that it was some animal. As I got closer I saw Bob leaned over a mass of black and red. ‘Fuck it was Sam,’ I thought. She was conscious at least but obviously in pain. I dialed 911 and they said they would send someone right over.

“It’s okay baby. Everything’s going to be okay.” I don’t know who he was trying to convince himself or Sam.

“It hurts so much,” whispered Sam.

“Help is on the way. You and Mary are going to be just fine. Just hang on baby.

“Promise me that you’ll take care of Mary.”

“Baby, it will be okay,” he said while kissing her cheek.

“Promise,” she said weakly. He nodded his head yes.

We could finally hear the sirens. Three police cruisers along with an ambulance pulled up. Now the street was starting to gather with what the only thing I could think to call them were spectators. My best friends wife and child were dying and they gathered like it was a sporting event. Then it became worse once they recognized who was the center of attention. Would they just fucking leave them alone? The police started to block the crowd as the paramedics worked on Sam. I went over and hugged Bob.

“She’s a fighter.”

“I know.”

They had her in the ambulance and I went inside to get Bob’s keys to take him to the hospital. He was in no condition to drive. He was shaking so bad. I’ve never seen him like this before. It was tough when his mother passed away, but he had Sam. I pray that at least she makes it out alive. I don’t know what he would do if he lost both of them.

When I pulled his SUV out of the garage he was talking to an officer who had is arm around him. When I pulled up to him he got in the passenger’s side. An officer got in a cruiser and because he was escorting us to the hospital. Fame has it’s perks and downsides. As we were leaving someone screamed, “I love you, Ray.” Don’t they know there is a time and a place and this was neither.

Bob sat there staring out the window the whole time. I could only imagine what was going through his mind. I prayed for their safety but there was so much fucking blood back there. Twenty minutes later we pulled up to the emergency room. Bob ran in while I parked the car.

When I got in they were wheeling her into surgery. It was just so bad. She was fading fast I could tell. Bob was holding her hand while they took her to the elevator. He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

“Remember your promise,” she said with the slightest whisper as they waited for the elevator.

“Shh baby it’s going to be okay,” as he ran his thumb across her forehead then kissing it lightly again.

She looked up at him with tears rolling down her face. “I love you,” she mouthed.

“I love you too.” He kissed her on the lips this time. I stood there with my eyes starting to swell up. Fuck this is so unfair.

The elevator came and took her away. We were escorted to the surgical waiting room. After about twenty minutes a doctor congratulated Bob as he was a father of a beautiful little girl.

“What about my wife?”

The doctor looked down. “We’re doing all we can to save her.”

“Thanks,” he said quietly.

After he left Bob turned to me. “A little over an hour ago my life was perfect. I don’t know what I’ll do if she dies.”

“Hopefully you’ll never have to find out.”

Another forty minutes went by and a different doctor came out.

“Mr. Bryar.”

“Yeah,” answered Bob.

“We tried all that we could, I’m sorry.”

I could see that Bob was going into shock as his body started to go limp I caught him. Then his eyes turned to the doctor, “You go back in there and you save her. Do you fucking hear me?”

“Mr. Bryar we tried for the past half hour to save her. There was too much damage. You’re lucky your daughter survived.”

With that the doctor walked away.

“Lucky? My fucking wife is dead and he says I’m lucky.” Bob punched the wall and I swore I heard something crack.

“I should have gone with her this morning it would be me in there.”

“You don’t know that Bob. It could still be like this or worse.”

“Worse, what the fuck is worse Ray?”

“Mary could be an orphan.”

“Then she’d have you.”

“Bob, please don’t do anything stupid.”

Bob’s POV

My mind went swirling back to that night at Tahoe, when Sam told me not to do anything stupid. But then again if I didn’t do something stupid we would never have been here. Here, are we really better off at this moment? She could be somewhere doing good for the world with Kenny instead of lying dead in a hospital.

A nurse came out and said that they were going to clean Sam up and I could have sometime with her if I wanted.

“It might take a while, do you want to see Mary?” asked Ray.

“No.” If I never saw her it would be fine by me. It’s not fair that she lived and Sam died. If Sam lived we could have more children or adopt like Kenny and Carolyn.

I sat there nursing my sore hand when and just staring. It’s all just so surreal. I hope I’ll wake up and it would all just be a horrible nightmare.

“Mr. Bryar you may see your wife now.”

“I got some phone calls I gotta make,” said Ray.

Bless him he knew when to cut out.

I slowly followed the nurse into the room. She laid so still with a blue hue coming over her.

I sat there and took her hand as the nurse left.

“This wasn’t supposed to happen this way baby. We were supposed to live happily ever after just like everyone else. What the fuck am I supposed to do with a baby? I don’t even know how to change a diaper. How the hell am I suppose to do this without you? It was our dream and now it’s my nightmare. Maybe I’ll join you and either Ray or Brianna can take Mary. I just know I can’t live without you.”

I felt my resolve then. After Sam’s funeral I’ll leave and then join her it’s the only answer.

Ray’s POV

As I got outside my phone rang.

“We all set for tonight?” the voice on the other end asked.

“No,” and I started to sniffle as tears ran down my eyes.

“Ray are you okay?”

“No.”

“What’s going on?”

“Sam’s dead Frank.”

“Oh fuck. How’s Bob?”

“I’m afraid Frank. I’m afraid he’ll do something stupid.”

“We’re checking into the hotel now. I’ll let Gee and Mikey know. What happened?

“Hit and run. I don’t think the motherfucker even stopped.”

“Keep an eye on Bob for us.”

“Meet us over at the house. Frank can you call Brian?”

“No problem Ray.”

I hung up and called my wife, Christa. She broke down and cried when I told her. She promised to be on the next possible flight to Chicago. Next I called Kenny, he sounded completely devastated. I think deep inside he was still in love with her. Next was the hardest call I had to make, Brianna.

The phone rang twice and a panting man picked up.

“Hi Robby, is Brianna there?”

“She’s kind of tied up right now, if you know what I mean.”

“Robby it’s important.”

I could here the aggravation in his voice as he said “Here, it’s your co godparent.”

“Ray you caught us at a bad time.”

“There’s been an accident?”

“Is everyone okay?”

“Bri sweetie, Sam’s dead.”

I heard her scream no on the other end.

Then Robby was on the other end.

“Ray what’s going on?”

“Sam’s dead.”

“Oh fuck, how’s Bob?”

“Not good.”

“We’ll be out on the first flight. I’m glad you’re there for him.”

“Well Gerard, Frank and Mikey are in Chicago. We’re meeting at Bob’s house in a little while.”

“Good he’ll need all the support he can get. Losing them both must be really hard.”

“She delivered Mary before she died.”

“At least Bob will have his daughter.”

“Yeah. I gotta go.”

I went back to the surgical floor and Bob was in the waiting area.

“Do you need anything?” I ask.

“I just want to go home.”

“Do want to see Mary first?”

“No. I’m not ready for that.”

“Remember when I asked you to jam tonight?”

“Ray you're not fucking suggesting…”

“No. It was supposed to be with Gerard, Frank and Mikey. They’re supposed to meet us at your house.”

“It will be good to see them.” He said it with such finality. I’m so fucking worried about him.
Sign up to rate and review this story