Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

Brothers No More

by Moonshyne 0 reviews

As Bob spirals downward Ray makes a rash decision that will destroy Bob's friendship with the band.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-24 - Updated: 2008-03-24 - 1861 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ray’s POV

It’s Halloween and we’re all going to be at Frank and Jamia’s. I’m really excited because we’re Bob and Mary are going to be there. The last time we saw them was at her christening and now she’s almost five months old. Bob was so proud looking over at her as Brianna held her. She wore a beautiful white gown, that we later found out Sam wore when she was christened. Mary was so good and beautiful. She has a head full of black hair and icy blue eyes like Bob. Bob is sure going to have his hands full when she gets older. I would hate to be the guy that accidentally brings her home late from curfew. This month is the first time Bob has been alone with Mary. Brianna moved in after the funeral, for two reasons. One to keep and eye on Bob because I was still worried about him and two, Robby was going on a dig in the Amazon a place she would never want to visit again. They recently were hired for a dig in remote part of Egypt. It was an opportunity of a life time and Bob insisted she went. She should have stayed. There were problems and had their passports confiscated. Now they’re there indefinitely. Not that they mind though, they did find a lost pyramid. So alls right with their world.

I got to the house and Jamia, who was now pregnant with twins, was playing with Mary. I saw Bob and he had a drink in his hand, not beer either. It looked like he was hitting the hard stuff. He really shouldn’t be doing that when he has to take care of Mary. Then I saw Gerard and he was drinking the same thing as Bob. Fuck, I knew he and Lyn-Z were having problems but I never knew it was this bad. There was Michael playing with his cousins Donny and Little G. I wish Christa could come she would have loved seeing Mary again. But as luck would have it she’s having a very difficult second pregnancy. I hated leaving her but her sister was there so she insisted I come. Now I’m glad I did.

“Hey Gerard, what’s happening?”

“Nothing, not a gad damn fucking thing?”

“How many have you had?”

“How many are we on Bobby?”

“I’ve been nursing this same one since I got here.”

I looked at him like he was high. Then Alicia spoke, “No really he has.”

“What about Gerard?”

“That’s been his fourth?”

“What happened?”

“He caught Lyn-Z screwing the sound guy.”

“Did you get that kind of action, Bob?”

“Nah, Bert wanted to but I never gave it too him.”

“Are you serious?”

“Nah, Gerard was more his type. I was too fat at the time.”

“Bet he’s regretting it now,” laughed Alicia.

“Does my wife have a crush on my old bandmate?” smirked Mikey.

“Maybe a little, the whole single daddy thing is a turn-on.”

“That can be arranged sweetheart,” chuckled Mikey.

“You’d do that for me baby?”

“That and more,” then they did the whole rubbing of the noses thing. I picture them in their seventies still doing it.

I couldn’t believe they let him have four drinks. Some friends they are. I took and smelled what he was drinking. My nose twitched at the all too familiar smell. The room burst out laughing it was watered down apple juice.

“You fuckers.”

“Hey small children,” said Gerard.

I went over to Bob and gave him a hug. He looked tired. I then went to Mary to see how she was doing and she looked liked a little princess. She looked good and healthy, I’m so happy Bob got his life straightened out.

Bob’s POV

Shit I’m really tired. Between the early morning feedings and trying to keep up with the house all day I don’t know how some people do it. I can tell Mary misses Brianna. Why the hell not. Brianna held her constantly, now she expects that from me. There is just way too much in my day to do. I think I’ll go to one of the bedrooms and get a little pick me up.

I knock and make sure that no one is in there. No answer, I slowly slip behind the door and onto the bed. I take out my wallet and then a crisp new bill. In where I keep my credit cards is a small rectangular package. It started out as a square piece of paper that is first folded into a triangle to hold its contents then a rectangle to keep its contents in. I unfold this paper until I get to the contents, then I pull out a small mirror. Next I pull out an old fashion razor. I spill some of the contents onto the mirror and lightly cut up the white powder sitting there. After I finished my last cut I separate it into two thin lines. I put the remaining contents of the package back into my wallet. I roll the crisp new bill so tight it looks like a straw. I put it to my nostril while blocking the other one. The bill travels the length of the white line and my nose sucked it all up along the way. Then I switched nostrils for the second line. I finished and went to wipe the residual off the mirror with my finger. Then I saw an image in the mirror I never wanted to see, Ray Toro.

Ray’s POV

Two minutes earlier

I looked around for Bob we were about to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Frank. I checked all the bathrooms and unbelievable but no one was there. All the bedroom doors were opened except one. It was opened but a mere crack. I heard a noise that was unmistakable someone snorting. As I walked around the bed to see who it was I could hear them snorting a second line. When he was done and went to wipe the residue off he mirror with his finger he saw my image.

“Fuck.”

“Why Bob?”

Bob fell back onto the bed, “You wouldn’t understand Ray. I’m trying to keep it all together but it’s hard, really hard.”

“How long?”

“Honestly it’s been my third time.”

“Fuck Bob I really thought you had it together. Give me what you have.”

He went into his walled at and took a small rectangular package and gave it to me.

“Where’d you get it?”

“Your old neighborhood.”

He wasn’t trying to be sarcastic, he was right. You could get any kind of drug there.

“You guys coming down or what?” yelled Frankie.

“Please don’t say anything. I’m sorry Ray I won’t touch the stuff again. I promise.”

I looked into his pleading eyes.

“Stay away from Mary for the rest of the night.”

Bob’s POV

It killed me to watch my daughter being passed around and every time she went to reach for me he intercepted. Finally when I stopped speeding and I was sitting Ray allowed me my sleeping child. He has no idea how much I love her. Taking her away was the worse thing anyone could do.

Third person POV

Bob and Mary were supposed to be at the Toro-Otriz’s for Thanksgiving weekend. But Mary was hospitalized for pneumonia instead. She seemed to caught the flu and mucus rested in her lungs. She was fine but the doctors wanted to watch her.

Christmas was fast approaching as was Bob’s and Sam’s wedding anniversary. Unbeknownst to his friends Bob slipped into a deep depression. Nothing got done in the house saying it was a mess was an understatement. Everything was strewn everywhere. The whole place smelled of shitty diapers or worse like piss itself. Mary was constantly crying and Bob just sat there. Every now and then giving her a bottle and changing her diaper, or letting her go without. It had been weeks since her last bath, and she had a severe diaper rash. On Christmas morning there was no presents, nor was there a tree. It was the same as any other day, Bob staring off into space as he drank himself into oblivion. Then he did a few lines to keep from totally fucking up with Mary. While on the highs he would make all his calls so they never truly knew the situation. Bob was slowly dying and taking his daughter along with him.

On December 30th, the band decided to take the trip to Chicago only for a night. They wanted to surprise Bob. They knocked on the door and wondered what the hell was going on. They could smell a horrible stench before the door was even opened. Once it was they were shocked at the deplorable conditions Bob and Mary had to live in. There was rotten food and dirty diapers everywhere, and empty liquor bottles strewn about.

Ray grabbed Mary while the other three held Bob back. Even in his condition he was almost stronger than them.

“GIVE ME MY BABY BACK!!!”

“NO BOB YOU FUCKED UP TOO BADLY!!! YOU STILL DOING COKE TOO I SUPPOSE?”

“SHE’S MINE!!”

“AND YOU TREATED HER LIKE SHIT!!! NO BOB STRAIGHTEN YOUR FUCKING LIFE OUT.”

“I NEVER WANT TO SEE ANY OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS AGAIN. GET OUT OF MY LIFE AND STAY OUT!!!”

“WITH PLEASURE!!!”

Ray and the rest of the band screeched off into the night. Now that they had Mary what were they going to do with her?

“Well Ray you’re her godfather you take her.”

“Christa is having a really hard time with this pregnancy. We can’t just bring another child into the house. How about you Gee?”

“The way Lyn-Z and I have been fighting. Michael spends most of the time at my mom’s.”

“Mikey?”

“Alicia just found out we’re pregnant again, I don’t think she can handle an infant along with Donnie and Little G.”

“I know better than to ask you Frank? I guess the Illinois Department of Social Services it is.”

“It’s only until Bob gets better right?” asked Frank.

“Yeah.”

“Do you think he’ll ever forgive us?”

“It’s Bob right, he always forgives.”

It was New Year’s Eve when Bob got the phone call from DSS stating all the conditions it would take to get his child back. Some would be easy and some not so.

He sat on his chair as he watched the ball drop from Times Square reflecting over the past year. He made a New Years Resolution List and there was only one item on it. “Keep promise to Sam.” He looked up at the television and there were people saying “Happy New Year!!!” Bob looked at his resolution and then a picture of him and Sam on their wedding day, with tears in his eyes he merely said, “I promise baby.”

Sign up to rate and review this story