Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

A New Life

by Moonshyne 0 reviews

Bob starts to keep his promise to Sam.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-03-25 - Updated: 2008-03-25 - 1301 words - Complete

0Unrated
New Year’s Day was the first day of Bob’s new life. He took his Resolution list and hung it on the refrigerator. He then made a list that was to be his chore list. Today’s chores included getting rid of all the alcohol in the house, cleaning the living room, doing the laundry and cleaning the kitchen. When he first joined the band this is how he organized everything and straightened their asses out. Now it was time to straighten his out.

First he dumped all the alcohol out. It was two weeks since he touched cocaine as he hated the way he was feeling when he did it, so that never even made the list. He knew that every day a new list would be created and the first thing would be No Alcohol. If Gerard could do it so could he. He went to the living room, picked up all the clothes and started to wash them. While they were washing he picked up the living room. When they were drying he vacuumed, and threw another load in. The living room floor looked picked up, now it just needed to be cleaned. Tomorrow he would rent a steam cleaner and finish the job. He got the laundry and folded it all and put it away. He washed the whites and towels first. The next load drying was his clothes and he put Mary’s clothes in the washer. While waiting for his clothes to dry he went in the kitchen. He was shocked that a family of rats or cockroaches hadn’t moved in. He spent over fifteen hours on cleaning and doing laundry but finally the downstairs was done.

He went upstairs to go to bed and walked past Mary’s room. He went in and saw the bunny Sam bought for her when they found out she was having a girl. It was her favorite toy and she went to bed every night with it. He wondered how she was doing with out it or him. Did she miss him, because he sure missed her? Would she forget who he was in a week? He knew he fucked up bad and he would do anything to get her back. He took the bunny out of her crib and took it with him to bed holding on to it all night long.

The next day was spent at the offices of DSS undergoing various drug and alcohol testing; this was a term for his visitations. He would be tested everyday for the next month. For the next two weeks he would be allowed a two hour supervised visit. These would take place in a recreation room at the offices, at least until his house was inspected. Once this was complete he could bring her home for visitations.

Bob spent the rest of the week making sure everything was perfect for the inspection early next week. Finally Saturday was here and he was able to see his little princess. The week had been hell the only thing that kept his sanity was remaking his chore list and checking things off.

When he got to the offices he was taken into a playroom where Mary was waiting. She was in a buckled in a carrier when he walked in. She was wearing a pink turtle neck, jeans and a blue hoodie. When she saw him she reached out and start to squirm she wanted out. Bob looked down at her and tapped the end of her nose and she giggled. He unbuckled her and started tickling her and she laughed in all earnest. He took her and hugged her like he never wanted to let go. Bob could not help but feel overwhelmed by the sensation of holding his daughter and tears started rolling down his face. He wanted to take her away and hide out, but that was no life for a baby. He was going to do this properly no how much it killed him. He just wanted his daughter back. The two hours flew by and he was able to hold her and play with her, feed her and change her. Taking extra care of the diaper rash he created. Before he left he gave her her favorite bunny. The excitement and joy on her face was unmatched by anything he’d seen. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing he had to do.

The next week the inspection went smoothly and his social worker was very impressed at the job he did. Bob was allowed his next visitation at home. The social worker, from a distance, watched how the two interacted with each other. At her foster home she was always distant and quiet but here with her father she was happy and cooing babbling a mile a minute. It was obvious to her that these two belonged together and as long as Bob didn’t slip up her would have his daughter back in seventy-seven days. As the visitation ended he put her coat, hat and mittens on. He held her and she started to cry as if she knew. He methodically buckled her in her carrier, tapped her nose and kissed her forehead. He then covered her in a blanket, lastly placed another blanket over the carrier so the Illinois wind wouldn’t get at her. She was screaming as the social worker took her away.

The next morning he decided to tackle something that had remained on his list for the past week, cleaning the basement. Not that it was messy but it was like his trophy room. It contained everything to do with MCR, all the gold and platinum records. All the magazine articles and awards they received everything that reminded him of the four people he hated most in the world. Four people he prayed Mary would never meet in her life. He wanted to trash it all, but some force wouldn’t let him. He decided that he would pack them up and store them away.

As the weeks passed Bob’s visitations were becoming longer and longer and without supervision. He was finally granted an overnight stay. She woke up in the middle of the night screaming and Bob brought her to his bed where she finally fell asleep to the rhythm of his beating heart.

At the end of ninety days Bob was again granted custody of his daughter. There would be weekly visitation from DSS along with drug and alcohol testing. The past few weeks there were other changes in his life like the change in land and cell phone numbers he wanted them to stop calling. Did they get the hint? When they showed up at his door not once but twice, he knew he had to get out of there. He also knew he would need to go where there was someone to help him. Not just with Mary but all the red tape with DSS. He knew just the person, Kenny. Within two weeks he and Mary were aboard a plane headed for their new home, sunny Southern California.

Leaving their old life behind and starting a new one, Bob decided to dye his hair and beard black. He wanted to totally disappear and since it worked once he prayed that it would work again. He wanted no one to know where he was especially the four people that hurt him most in the world.

Bob and Mary stayed with Kenny and Carolyn while Bob was waiting for some paperwork to come through. Finally after two months he received what he was waiting for. He held his breath as he opened the letter. He smiled as he read the contents, it was official he and Mary’s last name was now Green.
Sign up to rate and review this story