Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

It wouldn't allow me to see past 'I'd like that.'

by Syn_INC 0 reviews

I wasn't that girl. I wasn't that girl that got the guy because he really wanted her. Let me tell you what girl I was. I was that girl you dated to get to the (best) friend. All I ever was, was ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-25 - Updated: 2008-03-25 - 1651 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 23
Joe's breathing got softer as my head stayed on his chest.
"My grandmother would roll in her grave." Joe trailed off placing light kisses on my shoulders.
"Because that's a thing a girl wants to hear after you've fucked the shit out of her. Got it?"
Joe kissed me and had his hand on my stomach.
Sleep finally caught a hold of him and I could sneak out of his bunk.
I had gotten my foot stuck in between something when Pete came through his door. He then looked at me and shook his head. I tilted my head to the side and adjusted the side of my shirt.
"Joe stole your iPod again?" Pete asked.
"Huh?" I questioned.
"Your iPod in your hand. Joe stole it earlier. Follow the leader."
"Oh yea and now my foot is stuck."
"I got ya."
Pete moved behind me and to the left. When I finally got my foot out the nook it was stuck in I thanked Pete.
"We're gonna stop in about 2 hours. If you wanna see Cali and what not."
"Thanks Pete. But I think I'm gonna go kill some of Ares' minions." I replied.
"Come on babe. Sucicide is bad Ginny. And murder is a crime." Pete replied.
This he said was in reference too was myself and Calista. Instead I sat there with Pete and we played Halo 3.
When the bus stopped 2 hours later I did a stretch as soon as I hit the chilly air. Patrick and Calista walked off the bus together and that made me sick to my stomach. Pete and Joe walked off the bus behind me and Andy along with Babs was last off.
They seem to be getting right back in their groove. What's Calista and Patrick up too. I walked over there and she spoke.
~~
Wooo my POV again. I watched Gin walk up to me and I glared.
"Finally Wench." I said rolling my eyes as I pushed Gin.
"Girl this is the longest ride." Gin replied.
"Oh! I've been having fun. In the past 5 hours, me and Patrick did it 3 times!" I said laughing.
"At least one of us is getting laid. Who knew a girl could have 2 dicks on a bus and none of them belonged to her?" Ginny replyed, "I wish Ashlee was here. She's acctually kind of cool."
"Ginny! Can you say that louder and to the camera." Pete said with this smile.
"Not on your life Peter Wentz. And THAT you can take to your grave." Ginny said absolutly.
"Bitches." Pete mumbled.
"This is not a repeat of this girl taking off her shirt for Andy in McDonalds ok." I stated laughing.
Babs looked at Andy and Andy shook his red hair.
"Its not even like that Babs." Andy said rolling his eyes, "it was a bet."
"Getting deeper." Gin trailed off walking away.
Now Andy had to go and explain to Babs the deal with Gin taking her shirt off.
After this first stop I saw Gin every 4 hours at random stops. Until the last 4 hours when Patrick was tired of Andy and Babs. Pete just wanted to hang out with them 2 for a while anyways.
So in the end Patrick and I ended up on the bus with Ginny and Joe. Gin was leaning on Joe and he was humming Daughtry's "Its Not Over." I liked this song and joined in. Patrick along with Gin looked at Joe and myself.
"You 2 are retarded." Gin said suddenly.
"Takes one to know one tard." Joe shot.
"Wow." I said laughing.
Joe's phone went off and it was his dad. He then in turn, got up from the table and went to the back of the bus to see what his dad wanted.
"So Joe. Cut his hair. And shaved." Patrick said looking at me,
"Joe. Likes to look dirty. Why would he do that."
"I don't know." Gin said as she was humming 'Its Not Over',
"look, now the songs stuck in my head."
"Oh come on darling. You know you like the song." I said laughing.
"I know. I just- how much longer to Chicago, I need my own bed."
"Yea dad, Mozel Tov to Adam. I'll- no- dad. Dr. Trohman! Listen to me! Adam is a putz! I don't- no my 'little friends' are not gonna play at Nica's Bat Mitzvah. Do you know how much we cost?- We're Jewish dad- no I don't have a- No. No. I'm hanging up on you- Listen she needs to stop telling people I- fine later dad. Yes dad. I love you too."
Joe walked back into the room and we all looked at him.
"I love you too!" We all said at the same time.
Joe sat down
"I need to go to Nica's Bat Mitzvah." Joe said through a yawn.
"When is it?" Patrick asked.
"In 12 hours." Joe stated.
"So you leave the bus, go home, shower, get dressed, put on your Yamika and leave the house?" Patrick said laughing.
"Yea. All that right there." Joe, Gin and I said at the same time.
32 hours after we left Vegas we pulled into Chicago. Why it took 32 hours when it should have only taken about 24 or 28? because the guys have this weird thing with hanging out at each stop for 2 or 3 hours.
"I wanna go home but I don't wanna leave you Cali. I think you've spoiled me these last few days with being with you." Patrick said kissing me softly.
"I mean. You'll know where to find me." I said laughing.
"I know but-"
"We've only got a week here you guys. Please remember that this is an Internationl flight and you MUST, MUST be there 2 hours before the flight. I can't make up shit again." Dirty begged.
"Sounds good." Gin said nodding in agreement.
"You 2...hahaha, you 2..." Dirty trailed off.
Patrick gave me a hug and didn't let go. Gin looked at me and sighed.
"This isn't where I parked the car." Ginny said as she leaned on the bus.
"Where'd you park the car?" Patrick asked.
"O'Hare." Gin and I groaned.
"Hey. Hold her. And hold this please." Joe said giving Gin Sucka and a bag of doggie stuff that belonged to her, then walking away,
"I'll be right back."
"Sure."
Dirty had loaded our bags in the back of this hummer and Gin still held on to the dog. The car started to drive and I saw Joe just standing there. It didn't occur to us that we were moving until we pulled into the car park area 20 minutes later.
The story went the same way. Gin called her dad who in turn called her uncle and he came over with her car. She sighed and we got in.
"Girl I miss Patty already." I sighed,
"and why do you have Sucka?"
"I don't know. He's fucking- I think Joe's tired. When he remembers her he'll call. Or he'll wait the week."
"We need to find other shit to do."
"Like what?"
"We've been living the life for a week and now you have to go back to Starbucks and I go back to Geek Squad. I mean. I can't do a 9a - 5p anymore. I just can't."
"What are we gonna do Cali?"
"I don't know. Quit our jobs and live off the land?"
"Yea. Living off the land doesn't pay the rent."
"Why are you worried about rent. You're 24 years old still living in your parents basement. You're a manager. You could move out. Why don't you, move in with me."
"That's a negative."
"Bitch."
Ginny dropped me off at home and I went to bed. Enough was enough, I don't think I could do this anymore. After a 6 hours nap I turned over and looked at the clock on my phone. It was 437p and Patrick hit me up.
> GINGERcakeP: I figured 2 hrs would b 2 early b/c you're getting comfortable rite?
> GINGERcakeP: then I figured 8 hrs...u'd think I was using u & that u'd never hear from me again.
> GINGERcakeP: then @ 4 hrs I was like, but she's probably watching Maury.
< IbeDatgirL: LOL u! I GINGERcakeP: LOL!
> GINGERcakeP: I miss you already.
< IbeDatgirL: Don't do this to me.
< IbeDatgirL: I'm just gonna b ill.
I typed this, feeling sorrow take over. I don't think I ever want to feel like that. I loved him so much.
> GINGERcakeP: ur only 34 minutes from me.
< IbeDatgirL: what are you trying to say?
> GINGERcakeP: be with me tonight.
< IbeDatgirL: I have to be at work tomorrow morning Patrick. How about I see what happens afterward?
> GINGERcakeP: promise?
< IbeDatgirL: of course.
Its not like I was lying but I'm trying to maintain some normality in my life before I do a swan dive, head first, into insane, Fall Out Boy fans. With me being one of thoes fans I tried to be on the outside looking in.
I wasn't that girl.
I wasn't that girl that got the guy because he really wanted her.
Let me tell you what girl I was.
I was that girl you dated to get to the (best) friend. All I ever was, was a stepping stone for guys until somethinmg 'better' came along and I was sick of it. I was sick of being the stand in girlfriend. All that Patrick could offer me was nice. I could probably move in with him tomorrow.
But my pride and my defense mechanism wouldn't allow me to fall and believe him completly. It wouldn't allow me to see past 'I'd like that.'

@@@@
AN
The 'I'd like that' thing is something John Mayer said at a show. Look it up on you tube its really good advice on relationships. Uncle John knows it all guys. Hope you liked the chapeter. Let us know how bad we suck. Or don't suck. Totally up to you.
Besos,
Kay & Kai
Sign up to rate and review this story